DB transfers....?

Guest footballfan100

Guest footballfan100

Is it me or does anyone else find it strange that every year, DB University always has a few kids that mysteriously find their way to DB to play football or basketball? Some even threaten to leave DB in order to get jobs, or better jobs, at new places. It is a shame that this happens every year, because I wonder how the other kids really feel if they would tell you the truth. But every year, it always end with the same result----a loss by some team from knoxville or beyond. I know that DB doesnt recruit players-- (yeah, right) phew,phew,-but why is it that every new player that joins the team is always the best player from the school that he is coming from??? Sounds kinda strange to me!!!!!!!

oh yeah, I also liked how after bragging about the new turf, one week later, Kingsport announced that their budget was going to be about a million dollars short of expectations......kinda funny to me!!!

Hope i dont ruffle to many feathers with this post .......

but i am only saying what every one else is thinking--------

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or does anyone else find it strange that every year, DB University always has a few kids that mysteriously find their way to DB to play football or basketball? Some even threaten to leave DB in order to get jobs, or better jobs, at new places. It is a shame that this happens every year, because I wonder how the other kids really feel if they would tell you the truth. But every year, it always end with the same result----a loss by some team from knoxville or beyond. I know that DB doesnt recruit players-- (yeah, right) phew,phew,-but why is it that every new player that joins the team is always the best player from the school that he is coming from??? Sounds kinda strange to me!!!!!!!

oh yeah, I also liked how after bragging about the new turf, one week later, Kingsport announced that their budget was going to be about a million dollars short of expectations......kinda funny to me!!!

Malcolm wasn't the best player at PV, but he'll help D-B a lot. And, this post sounds too whiney! Who cares? Everyone gets transfers/loses transfers. It's life. Oh my goodness, am I defending D-B?! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Nobodys twisting their arm,jealous crybaby, go somewhere else. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will have to agree with Volman ,this is about a pathetic post.If u r going to cry about something at DB do a good job of it. Yea they recruited them.We loose every year to teams down towards Knoxville cause they play better than we ,when they need to.Thats ball. Sounds like alittle jealousy there footballfan.

This post coming from a guy that applied for a coaching job at DB and got rejected. SOUR GRAPES !!!

I find it strange that DB had 2 players transfer out, one to South and one to North and you never cryed about those two schools "recruiting". Also, If you have any proof of any player "threatening" to leave DB for better jobs or "a" job I'd like to see it. Thats a new one, and to tell you the truth im having a hard time typing this because im laughing so hard. I'd also like to see any proof you have that DB has ever recruited any player. If you don't post the proof by the end of this day then your are this biggest fool that has ever posted on this web site. I may just go ahead and give you the 2008 Mo-Ron of the Year award. I don't think anybody can top this.

And by the way ths budget shortfall is due to a reduction in the abount of sales tax taken in by the city. I don't know if you've heard but things are not real rosey in the economy right now. Mo-Ron

Sixteen years ago,a major company here in Kingsport heard that I was going to be a father for the second time.They sent one hundred of their top people to my house in Greeneville.I agreed to a twenty year deal worth 200 million dollars.Everyone of the parents at DB gets a deal like that.Now,that's kind of funny!!

The transfers happen everywhere, read some of the Knoxville (and beyond) posts - everyone cries about it when it happens. One of the reasons DB gets taken down deep in the state is because the teams they play are stacked and most likely have transfers. It has noting to due with being "recruited", these kids are looking for scholarships and they need to go where they they can make a serious impact with a serious team so they can be seen. More power to them for being pro-active about their future.

The transfers happen everywhere, read some of the Knoxville (and beyond) posts - everyone cries about it when it happens. One of the reasons DB gets taken down deep in the state is because the teams they play are stacked and most likely have transfers. It has noting to due with being "recruited", these kids are looking for scholarships and they need to go where they they can make a serious impact with a serious team so they can be seen. More power to them for being pro-active about their future.

Agreed to a certain extent. Exception with the Pinkston kid and maybe even the kid from the Hill. Sometimes a kid needs a "fresh start". PV is a successful football school that puts out college talent on a regular basis. So, he didn't "need" D-B to get a scholarship.

If you really believe all this garbage, I have some oceanfront property in Hawkins County that I need to show you. And as far as the new turf, one of the reasons it was put down was to save money for the city over the next decade from watering, mowing, and fertilizer expenses. The simple truth is you're jealous because we have THE premier program, coaches, and facilities in this region. Admit it and get over it !!!

If you really believe all this garbage, I have some ocean front property in Hawkins County that I need to show you. And as far as the new turf, one of the reasons it was put down was to save money for the city over the next decade from watering, mowing, and fertilizer expenses. The simple truth is you're jealous because we have THE premier program, coaches, and facilities in this region. Admit it and get over it !!!

That's right on the money