Best Running Back in 1A ball for 2008

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched Jo Byrns play 3 games this year. They have a running back, not sure of his name, but he is #44. He is the punter, kicker, saftey and returns punts and kickoffs. He doesn't have a lot of carries but his stats are some of the best in the midstate and he is only a Junior.

You sure seem to know a lot about him to not know his name.... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ethan Tummins now has 137 carries for 1055yds...with 7.7 ypc.... and 19 td's... anyone got any better numbers than that...

Is he getting those stats on patsies?And if he's playing the whole game and racking up stats on patsies then I don't know if you can call him the best.Also is he getting any looks from any major colleges?

Is he getting those stats on patsies?And if he's playing the whole game and racking up stats on patsies then I don't know if you can call him the best.Also is he getting any looks from any major colleges?

That kid has earned every yard he has gotten! He has done it against Cascade, Forrest, M.T.C.S., to name a few. Every team enters a game against McEwen knowing you have to stop Tummins to beat them, but nobody has been able to do it yet. He is the real deal!

lacks the speed (4.7 - 4.8) to go to any major college... he should get looks at utm and apsu... but more likely to get offers from bethel, lambuth, etc... has good field vision, runs hard, runs smart, and fast enough to get to the corner on most 1a teams... has the ability to break tackles... overall, I would not say that he is the most talented running back in 1A (due to other players ability to play at a higher level on the next level) but, I would say for 1A and how it works, he is one of the best in the state...

Bossbro... don't give me the patsies mess... you take away Boyd and Tyner and who has SP played... not saying they're not the best team in 1A, because they are... but teams will always have 3-5 teams on the schedule that will be down or traditionally bad... if you can't accept that... you don't know much about 1a football, or hs football for that matter... as far as being in the game when he shouldn't be... I can think of only one time this year that that has happened...at MTCS when McEwen was up 27-0 and the put him back in to get the td an pad the stats at the end of the 3rd quarter... besides this occurance... every other game he has been in when he should be and out when he should be... that was just 1 occurance... and I am sure that 1 occurance has happened with SP in there 82-0 thrashing of Whitwell... make sure you get this right Bossbro

I don't dislike SP

I think SP will win 1A

Is ET the most talented RB in 1A...probably not

Is ET one of the best RB in 1A...probably

I am not taking anything away from the RB from SP, but I would also think it would be easier for a RB to run behind a state championship line that an average 1a line... don't you... and he may still be getting looks at SEC schools, but one would think if a RB was up for Mr. Football (where they take stats over college offers) that they would at least be one of the best in 1A football...

I am not saying that he will up for Mr. Football, but no one has given me any stats to think otherwise...

lacks the speed (4.7 - 4.8) to go to any major college... he should get looks at utm and apsu... but more likely to get offers from bethel, lambuth, etc... has good field vision, runs hard, runs smart, and fast enough to get to the corner on most 1a teams... has the ability to break tackles... overall, I would not say that he is the most talented running back in 1A (due to other players ability to play at a higher level on the next level) but, I would say for 1A and how it works, he is one of the best in the state...

Bossbro... don't give me the patsies mess... you take away Boyd and Tyner and who has SP played... not saying they're not the best team in 1A, because they are... but teams will always have 3-5 teams on the schedule that will be down or traditionally bad... if you can't accept that... you don't know much about 1a football, or hs football for that matter... as far as being in the game when he shouldn't be... I can think of only one time this year that that has happened...at MTCS when McEwen was up 27-0 and the put him back in to get the td an pad the stats at the end of the 3rd quarter... besides this occurance... every other game he has been in when he should be and out when he should be... that was just 1 occurance... and I am sure that 1 occurance has happened with SP in there 82-0 thrashing of Whitwell... make sure you get this right Bossbro

I don't dislike SP

I think SP will win 1A

Is ET the most talented RB in 1A...probably not

Is ET one of the best RB in 1A...probably

I am not taking anything away from the RB from SP, but I would also think it would be easier for a RB to run behind a state championship line that an average 1a line... don't you... and he may still be getting looks at SEC schools, but one would think if a RB was up for Mr. Football (where they take stats over college offers) that they would at least be one of the best in 1A football...

I am not saying that he will up for Mr. Football, but no one has given me any stats to think otherwise...

I was not trying to rattle your cage.Just was wondering what his competition was.You can add Marion County to the 3 ranked teams in 2-A that SP has defeated.All of the other games David has not played past the 2nd quarter.Only a few plays against Whitwell.And SP lost 4 starters from last yrs' o-line.So our backs yds have not been as easy as in the past.I only wish the young man the best.And hopefully he will be able to continue on to play at any college,and get a good education.

David may not be the fastest,but fast enough.4.5 range.His vision and ability to cut and his strength is what makes him special. He is following a tough act.Robert Robinson set a very high bar.Great runner with many records to show for his greatness.Montrell Mitchell and Kartrez Bibbs, the speedburners make 1 heck of a senior class of a backfield.

David is a really good running back but I don't believe he runs a 4.5, most teams are looking at him as a linebacker. David actually ran a 4.73 laser time at the nike combine in Atlanta, you can check that out if you go on line at SPARQ.