Best Kicker in 1A ball for 2008

A 45 and 50 yard field goal is nothing to sneeze at it sounds as if the work that you are doing helping with the kicking teams is paying off big time. I wish we had a fifty yard kicker.

Note that I said he had made A COUPLE from 50. I would never send him into a game expecting him to make that. You have no snap and a perfect hold everytime when we are one on one. Add a crowd, another team trying to block the kick, a perfect snap and a perfect hold into the equation and I wouldn't send him on the field for anything beyond 40 yards right now (he is a junior this year and first time starter at kicker). Technically he is getting close to where he needs to be for his age, but his job is simple. 3 steps back, 2 steps over and jog to the same spot each time to make your kick. If his plant foot lands at the right spot he doesn't miss many. Now the guy doing the snapping and the guy doing the holding have the tough jobs.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that I said he had made A COUPLE from 50. I would never send him into a game expecting him to make that. You have no snap and a perfect hold everytime when we are one on one. Add a crowd, another team trying to block the kick, a perfect snap and a perfect hold into the equation and I wouldn't send him on the field for anything beyond 40 yards right now (he is a junior this year and first time starter at kicker). Technically he is getting close to where he needs to be for his age, but his job is simple. 3 steps back, 2 steps over and jog to the same spot each time to make your kick. If his plant foot lands at the right spot he doesn't miss many. Now the guy doing the snapping and the guy doing the holding have the tough jobs.

I don't care if he only has hit one fifty yarder in his whole life its still pretty impressive I do agree that you can't replicate in practice the game time atmosphere.

• 1 month later...

Jon Nickles for hampton...... sorry i cant lie..... he is about 3 for 20 on PAT's.... the reason why hampton always goes for two, beside the fact they dont have a kicker.......is they cant go for three points.....

I don't think the intent of this thread was to bash kids! There are always factors that go into kicking that are out of the hands of the kicker. Perhaps you'd be better served doing some coaching to help the kid rather than bashing him on this forum! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

yea there is one kid from C.A. i think his number is 89 he can punt the ball really well. I think he is averaging like 45 yards a punt but C.A. doesnt really kick deep that much or nething so his kicking stats arent that impressive.

Yeah that kid is quite impressive...he can punt the ball atleast 50 yards....