McMinn County

TribeFan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With defensive coordinator Brent Masingale leaving the staff this week the rumors are spreading like wildfire that the staff has some internal issues. Brent is well liked and respected among the players and supporters......With that said what is going on with the staff?

Did he just quit coaching or did he go somewhere else?

Crazy situation at McMinn. Coach Massingale had developed the defense at McMinn into a respected unit. He is going to continue to teach at McMinn but not coach. Media said it was a mutual decision. I have known Brent for a long time. He is a good person, good coach and a great young educator. It is a shame that he is out of coaching. The kids at McMinn are the ones who are really getting cheated. Coach Massingale is highly respected in the high school coaching ranks and will be coaching again.

Crazy situation at McMinn. Coach Massingale had developed the defense at McMinn into a respected unit. He is going to continue to teach at McMinn but not coach. Media said it was a mutual decision. I have known Brent for a long time. He is a good person, good coach and a great young educator. It is a shame that he is out of coaching. The kids at McMinn are the ones who are really getting cheated. Coach Massingale is highly respected in the high school coaching ranks and will be coaching again.

Don't believe all you read in the media. Loosing Brent is a blow to this team, he is a great motivator and the boys responded well to his coaching abilities. I think there are a lot of ego's that need to be reeled in before the season starts. Looks to me there are more volunteer coaches than paid coaches on this team.

This is absurd.....My opinion is that there is a bit too much family involved in the whole deal at McMinn. You have Bo has the head coach, his step sister as a guidance counsler and mom of the starting QB, his mom Donna as a school board member and trying to captain the ship.

If you read the article in the paper all of the comments were very standard and as if they all had agreed to a certain story. I smell a big stinking rat!!

Burroughs (new principal) needs to step in and get to the bottom of the problem and put Bo in his place. By the way can Bo actually fire an assistant or does that have to come from the administration? Brent has tenure so they better have there ducks in a row if they start down that road.

This is a bad deal all the way around and the players are the ones to suffer the most......come on Bo check your ego and stick to coaching football. Mullinax could have gotten away with this but Bo is no Mullinax!!

Oskie1 you are correct no teacher / coach has the authority to fire or replace another teacher / coach that has to come from the principal or central office.

There is more to this story then what has been in the DPA and there is also a chance that Brent might rejoin the staff this week if things can be resolved.

Don't believe all you read in the media. Loosing Brent is a blow to this team, he is a great motivator and the boys responded well to his coaching abilities. I think there are a lot of ego's that need to be reeled in before the season starts. Looks to me there are more volunteer coaches than paid coaches on this team.

you are correct don't believe what the papers say.Brent was fired by coach BO CAGLE for looking into another job, not applying but getting information about another job. Then after BO fired him he begged him to come back and from what i hear they made him agree to say that it was a mutual agreement, or they would run him out.

I'm a MCMINN GRAD but since BO has taken over the program is going in the wrong direction. i wouldn't be suprised if more kids start going to central. BO IS NOT A HEAD COACH. BUT AS LONG AS MOM CAN COVER HIS CRAP THEN HE WILL BE FINE.

Wow "getaclue" those are some strong comments. You sound as if you might have the insiders explanation as to how this deal unfolded. Several of us loyal supporters are concerned about the current state of affairs.

By the way were is are wonderful athletic director? Probably just got out of the tanning bed and preparing for his afternoon facial. Sorry Jimmy but you are almost as cool as me but still need a bit more seasoning.

Hold on boys, Coach Cagle is the second coming of the great McMinn coaches. Ha! He needs to learn to let his assistants coach because in Brent's case , He is one heck of a defensive coach. I think BO probably feels threatened by the way the kids buy in to Brent's personality. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mention that word - personality. It's all about BO!!!!!! You lose good coaches that are home grown and you are inviting disaster. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Hold on boys, Coach Cagle is the second coming of the great McMinn coaches. Ha! He needs to learn to let his assistants coach because in Brent's case , He is one heck of a defensive coach. I think BO probably feels threatened by the way the kids buy in to Brent's personality. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mention that word - personality. It's all about BO!!!!!! You lose good coaches that are home grown and you are inviting disaster. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Lets not jump the gun here as there is always two sides to every story. Like I say the truth is somewhere in the midst of all of this. Whatever happens we as supporters must continue support our coaches and the players.....I disagree that it is a Bo thing and that Bo is the problem. Bo is the head coach and he has to make decisions that are best for the team.