McMinn Central vs South Pitts Scrimmage

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did central do against Brainerd yesterday in the scrimmage

central didn't play brainard yesterday...but i just watched them dominate redbank...when they played varsity guys it was central 14-7 the only way redband scored on central's defense still minus 2-3 starters was do to a turnover that they ran back inside the 25. central had dominating drives but had a whole bunch of penalties and fumbles...but redbanks JV dominates central jv in the 12 mins scoring 4 times to 0 for central..watch out for central's defense and they offense appears to be getting back on track now...but centrals jv guys appear to be a little down...

Moses is 16, to small and not strong enough to be in the backfield. Do you need any more research. I hear it in the bleachers from everyone else,you must be sitting on the other side not to see it.

You are right about Moses. He does not belong in the backfield unless it's for mop up duty.

In case you didn't know, and this comes from one of the assistant coaches, but Jackson is going to be given some more snaps from the QB position because Rayl is still struggling too much in learning the plays and reading the defenses being thrown at him. He is still becoming too frustrated at times and is losing his cool which affects the entire offense. His line is not always going to block perfect, especially when he holds the ball too long and at times is too indecisive at throwing. Rayl is a good athlete but most people, including two of the coaches I have talked to, think now that Jackson may be better at making things happen and has more confidence in him than Rayl from his teammates. Rayl may start the first game or two but don't be surprised to see him moved to wide receiver or back very soon. He is too good to not be in the lineup somewhere but QB may not be his spot.

You are right about Moses. He does not belong in the backfield unless it's for mop up duty.

In case you didn't know, and this comes from one of the assistant coaches, but Jackson is going to be given some more snaps from the QB position because Rayl is still struggling too much in learning the plays and reading the defenses being thrown at him. He is still becoming too frustrated at times and is losing his cool which affects the entire offense. His line is not always going to block perfect, especially when he holds the ball too long and at times is too indecisive at throwing. Rayl is a good athlete but most people, including two of the coaches I have talked to, think now that Jackson may be better at making things happen and has more confidence in him than Rayl from his teammates. Rayl may start the first game or two but don't be surprised to see him moved to wide receiver or back very soon. He is too good to not be in the lineup somewhere but QB may not be his spot.

Did you come see our game tonight? Rayl was on fire. Man got some giddy-up. Why do you talk to our coaches and then come on here and try to start stuff? You have issues.

Did you come see our game tonight? Rayl was on fire. Man got some giddy-up. Why do you talk to our coaches and then come on here and try to start stuff? You have issues.

Start stuff? You mean you don't like hearing what is going on? If you dont like reading my stuff you dont have to.

I am glad Rayl was on tonight. The coaches expect that from a junior kid who is going to be 18 soon.

Rayl is and will be just fine, MY source says right now he is the QB. I don't know why you keep gouging Mr. Rayl, He has worked his tail off getting ready for the season and has the respect of his teammates and coaches. So far you have been proven wrong on your statements and we will see about this one. BTW, that is a pretty cheap shot at Moses, he ran wild at Coffee Co., or did one of your "coaches" tell you different?! Oh yea, none of the coaches says they know who you are or have said any of the stuff you claim either. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Rayl is and will be just fine, MY source says right now he is the QB. I don't know why you keep gouging Mr. Rayl, He has worked his tail off getting ready for the season and has the respect of his teammates and coaches. So far you have been proven wrong on your statements and we will see about this one. BTW, that is a pretty cheap shot at Moses, he ran wild at Coffee Co., or did one of your "coaches" tell you different?! Oh yea, none of the coaches says they know who you are or have said any of the stuff you claim either. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Kids..........................Old Pirate says calm down.....take a few deep breaths......... Now the QB from what OP could find out was a fine player as well as many others for the chargers. Point is this....................the season is soon fast approaching and the team needs to be playing as a unit. It sounds a wee bit like the problem the Pirates had back a couple of years. They have got to come together as a unit to be as successful as their talent indicates.

OP is sure the coaches know who and what gives them the best chance for success. OP sees not just the SP arm chair QBs disagree.

Kids..........................Old Pirate says calm down.....take a few deep breaths......... Now the QB from what OP could find out was a fine player as well as many others for the chargers. Point is this....................the season is soon fast approaching and the team needs to be playing as a unit. It sounds a wee bit like the problem the Pirates had back a couple of years. They have got to come together as a unit to be as successful as their talent indicates.

OP is sure the coaches know who and what gives them the best chance for success. OP sees not just the SP arm chair QBs disagree.

Well said OP, btw how is the kid that got hurt in the Polk scrimmage? What position did he play?

Where have I gouged Mr. Rayl? I only put down what I was told by a coach and is obvious to a lot of parents. I said he was the QB now and would start the first game or two.

About Mr. Moses. That was not a cheap shot, just an opinion differing from yours. You do believe people are entitled to an opinion even if you do not agree, dont you?

The coaches know me well. But do you really think they would admit what they say to me for everyone to hear? Dont be that naive just because they dont confide in you.

Lighten up. You are much too thin skinned for debate and discussion. You seem to have a hard time with facts if it goes against what you think. Quit drinking that blue Kool Aid. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OK, I thought he was #6. Naw no more research - Tough kid, but probably serve better in a receiver roll.

yes. he would do better at recieving. He was #16 at SP, may be #6 in regular uniform. He still doen't show much at safety position. Seeing the interception he made against RB, he could be better as wide receiver , has good hands.That pass was a last ditch effort on RB half.

yes, Jackson needs more snaps and that's just about all. He did the same against RB that he did at SP [fumble]. The boy has an arm on him and he just needs to calm down. Seems as if he get in a hurry or confused at times. Instead of making good hand off and getting into position to make the hand off, he reaches to far and creates the fumble or turnover. It's going to take some time.