The Battle of the Boro

voodoochild

a few thoughts...

**if your team goes 0-10 and you have the talent to play at the next level...college coaches will see that

**Coach A is not happy nor satisfied...he loves to win...has a great track record of winning...but may not win as much this year because he does not have the talent he has had...but as in last nights game...riverdale will come to play every game and will be competitive...

i disagree while we may not have all of those lineman (very seldom does a high school team have that many good line man that he has had the past 2 years)

the TALENT is there

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i disagree while we may not have all of those lineman (very seldom does a high school team have that many good line man that he has had the past 2 years)

the TALENT is there

okay...so now their are two choices as to why riverdale will lose 4 or more games this season

1. bad coaching

2. less talent

most folks that know football and are not blind by riverdale's past sucesses know that Coach A and his staff can coach...again his track record is well documented

and those who again are not RIVERDALE blind...know that the talent level is the lowest it has been at riverdale in 10 plus years...and in this region...good coaching alone will not get it and talent alone will not get it...you need both in region 4-5A...it is unbelivable to me how hard obvious things are to admit too when one does not want to SEE...if you just read the words in thursday's DNJ...the team and coaches know this...

so blame the coach...or admit that their may be a few years that riverdale will be down...

as said before...give Coach A some time...realize what he has to work with...with this years team...which is a overall lower talent level...a much smaller line ...youth and inexperience and no one or two players that can take over a game...which will equal at least a 6-4 record...same coaching with average talent equals an average record...as experience and talent rises...the record will get better

okay...so now their are two choices as to why riverdale will lose 4 or more games this season

1. bad coaching

2. less talent

most folks that know football and are not blind by riverdale's past sucesses know that Coach A and his staff can coach...again his track record is well documented

and those who again are not RIVERDALE blind...know that the talent level is the lowest it has been at riverdale in 10 plus years...and in this region...good coaching alone will not get it and talent alone will not get it...you need both in region 4-5A...it is unbelivable to me how hard obvious things are to admit too when one does not want to SEE...if you just read the words in thursday's DNJ...the team and coaches know this...

so blame the coach...or admit that their may be a few years that riverdale will be down...

as said before...give Coach A some time...realize what he has to work with...with this years team...which is a overall lower talent level...a much smaller line ...youth and inexperience and no one or two players that can take over a game...which will equal at least a 6-4 record...same coaching with average talent equals an average record...as experience and talent rises...the record will get better

call what you like the area has grown but talent is there its not being used as far as the past documented records go that don't impress me one bit when you don't correct the mistakes in practice

1. bad coaching

2. less talent

I never said Riverdale would lose 4 or more games what i did say is that there is plenty of season left

I have been watching high school football for a long time and i am telling you the talent is there to win....we have had Alvin Ralph and Gaston as what many sa is great talent ...our lineman last year was a great talent while i will agree we dont have those line man i will take Sherrill and joey Lee all day long they are playmakers and sherrill proved that a few times last night and Lee didnt get as many opportunities as i would like him to hanve...the talent is there to win do we have a gaston or a spurlock NO but we do have more than enough talent...

call what you like the area has grown but talent is there its not being used as far as the past documented records go that don't impress me one bit when you don't correct the mistakes in practice

i'm sure coach A is doing all he can to correct mistakes in practice...but it is much harder to do when you are YOUNG...AND INEXPERIENCED...change takes time with a young group of guys...whether in the NFL...college...or high school...

repitition...game experience...all come into play when it comes to mistakes

and...talent level is not there as it has been in the past when riverdale always had as much or more talent than anyone else in the league...keep believing it is the coaching /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i'm sure coach A is doing all he can to correct mistakes in practice...but it is much harder to do when you are YOUNG...AND INEXPERIENCED...change takes time with a young group of guys...whether in the NFL...college...or high school...

repitition...game experience...all come into play when it comes to mistakes

and...talent level is not there as it has been in the past when riverdale always had as much or more talent than anyone else in the league...keep believing it is the coaching /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

you are right my bad same mistakes that have happened is spring prac, scrimmages are still happening yes hes doing all he can NOTHING /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

you are right my bad same mistakes that have happened is spring prac, scrimmages are still happening yes hes doing all he can NOTHING /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

22-3 the last two years

a state championship at 4A

several other state final appearences

great winning record for years now where ever he has been

and he can't coach... yea..you're right

i'm just glad youth and inexperience has nothing to do with it...thanks for the insight... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I never said Riverdale would lose 4 or more games what i did say is that there is plenty of season left

I have been watching high school football for a long time and i am telling you the talent is there to win....we have had Alvin Ralph and Gaston as what many sa is great talent ...our lineman last year was a great talent while i will agree we dont have those line man i will take Sherrill and joey Lee all day long they are playmakers and sherrill proved that a few times last night and Lee didnt get as many opportunities as i would like him to hanve...the talent is there to win do we have a gaston or a spurlock NO but we do have more than enough talent...

you're right...i said you'd lose 4 games...

so if you have the talent...it must be the bad coaching

maybe i have been unclear (seriously)...no doubt that you have talent...whether it be sherrill...lee...C.J....or E.B...etc...my point is simply...you do not have the OVERALL talent that you have had in the past...nor enough to win the region this year...nor do you have several key guys that can dominate a game like a gaston, thomas, spurlock, etc...nor do you have the size across the line...nor do you have the experience...which is huge in 5A football...

youth + inexperience + lower talent level = an average year or worse in 4-5A

senior + experience + high talent level = a great year (11-1) (last years team)

the common denominator in all of this is the coaching...it has not changed but the talent level overall has

honestly...i'm not trying to pick a fight...i'm just telling you how i see it...i think you have a great coach who simply does not have the tools to work with like he has had the last two years

22-3 the last two years

i'm just glad youth and inexperience has nothing to do with it...thanks for the insight... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

though riverdale is young and inexperienced they didnt show signs of panic in the game even though they lost which is a very promising sign

you're right...i said you'd lose 4 games...

so if you have the talent...it must be the bad coaching

maybe i have been unclear (seriously)...no doubt that you have talent...whether it be sherrill...lee...C.J....or E.B...etc...my point is simply...you do not have the OVERALL talent that you have had in the past...nor enough to win the region this year...nor do you have several key guys that can dominate a game like a gaston, thomas, spurlock, etc...nor do you have the size across the line...nor do you have the experience...which is huge in 5A football...

youth + inexperience + lower talent level = an average year or worse in 4-5A

senior + experience + high talent level = a great year (11-1) (last years team)

the common denominator in all of this is the coaching...it has not changed but the talent level overall has

honestly...i'm not trying to pick a fight...i'm just telling you how i see it...i think you have a great coach who simply does not have the tools to work with like he has had the last two years

you cant convince them its just a case of spoiled fans not excepting reality and wanting to blame someone and the easy target is coach A........all i said coach needs to do is put the more trust in his qb and let him sling the rock because i believe he can really throw it........they are more suited to run the spread more than the wingt

22-3 the last two years

great resume knew what he had coming into this yr and well it shows