Shelby County Jamboree

lilcoach7

The Jamboree is coming up for all shelby county schools on Friday at Arlington. What is everyones thoughts on the year of 7and8-5A as the year is coming sooner than we know it!!

Millington should be good again. The game against Bartlett will more than likely determine the region. Bartlett still has some good players coming back and a good coaching staff. Bolton lost alot but will still be in contention because they are a good fundamentally sound team. Have not heard much about Cordova but they usually have good skill guys and a decent defense so they should be around the top 4. Arlington is young and could struggle this year unless the youngens grow up fast. Craigmont has looked good in recent scrimmages against some of the city's best. This could be the year that the defense outperforms the offense. Central has a chance to be a darkhorse as well. Good athletes over there. Ridgeway is an unknown but in way better shape now that the p-diddy is doing his minister thing. Overton has athletes but some how are always at the bottom.

Whitehaven will win the region. Houston will finish second. They have good players and coaching. I hear Germantown may be strong this year. Collierville is always in the mix for a playoff spot. Coach COx does a good job with his bunch over there. White Station will be good for a year or two then fall off. Hamilton, Wooddale, Kirby, and Southwind will struggle as long as they are in that region. Wooddale had a good couple of years but unless you are Melrose and can get the kids to transfer and play for you, those successful years come in cycles.

Im glad Lil Coach wanted to talk West Tennessee fotball because we need more support from our side of the state on Coach T. Way to many East and Middle tennessee people wanting to post although it does show how much more crazier the fans are in those parts of the state. It is a shame that are side can't be more like those guys over there.

Does anyone know th line up for the Jamboree Friday? I am interested to see what the West Tn 5A schools will look like this year. It seams to me to be a lot less clear compared to last season when so many teams were coming in with big time returning players.

I would not dispute Whitehaven winning 8-5A because they are always talented and i think some of the other tradition top schools are down this year. What is going on with Bartlett? I here some say they should be solid 1st or 2nd in

7-5A but then i hear they get smashed in a scrimmage against Collierville. I also read a prediction Houston maybe finishes 2nd on their side but they scrimmage Millington and i think maybe not 2nd on their side.

I'm excited to see how the coaches prepare and develop the teams for the season. With a lot of uncertainty entering the season i think we as fans will be more involved in following our schools and others to see how we stack up week after week.

Again, Jamboree match-ups Anyone?

Does anyone know th line up for the Jamboree Friday? I am interested to see what the West Tn 5A schools will look like this year. It seams to me to be a lot less clear compared to last season when so many teams were coming in with big time returning players.

I would not dispute Whitehaven winning 8-5A because they are always talented and i think some of the other tradition top schools are down this year. What is going on with Bartlett? I here some say they should be solid 1st or 2nd in

7-5A but then i hear they get smashed in a scrimmage against Collierville. I also read a prediction Houston maybe finishes 2nd on their side but they scrimmage Millington and i think maybe not 2nd on their side.

I'm excited to see how the coaches prepare and develop the teams for the season. With a lot of uncertainty entering the season i think we as fans will be more involved in following our schools and others to see how we stack up week after week.

Here are the matchups for the Jamboree....

Shelby County Jamboree

At Arlington High School

Friday, August 15

Begins at 7 p.m.

1st quarter -- Southwind vs. Bartlett

2nd quarter -- Millington vs. Germantown

3rd quarter -- Collierville vs. Bolton

4th quarter -- Arlington vs. Houston

Millington vs Ole Nemesis Germantown in Quarter two..... It should be fun.

Bartlett will be very young this year! Only having 7 seniors will play a factor. I heard against Collierville they looked ok offensively, but defensively struggled. The only reason they struggled defensively is because from what I hear is Collierville came out in Double Wing running a bunch of misdirection and if you do not prepare the players for that it is hard to defend. Hats off to Colliervill because they executed very well.

Bartlett will be very young this year! Only having 7 seniors will play a factor. I heard against Collierville they looked ok offensively, but defensively struggled. The only reason they struggled defensively is because from what I hear is Collierville came out in Double Wing running a bunch of misdirection and if you do not prepare the players for that it is hard to defend. Hats off to Colliervill because they executed very well.

I expect Bartlett to be better during the year. SPots 3 and 4 are going to be up in the air in both regions.

If you are a believer in the MurphyFair publication then Houston is the team that's going to finish 2nd. I don't tend to agree.. I think that playoff teams from that region will be:

1. Whitehaven

2. Collierville

They have put together two or three straight talented freshman squads. I think they will start paying dividends this year.

3. Germantown

4. Houston

If you are a believer in the MurphyFair publication then Houston is the team that's going to finish 2nd. I don't tend to agree.. I think that playoff teams from that region will be:

1. Whitehaven

2. Collierville

They have put together two or three straight talented freshman squads. I think they will start paying dividends this year.

3. Germantown

4. Houston

Still think Houston is going to take that 2 spot. They have some Division 1 players over there. Collierville is a good team year and year out, but I just think Houston has a little more firepower. You think White Station will miss the playoffs this year huh? They will have some players and I am big fan of spread offenses that go no huddle and throw it around the yard. They should still compete, but not at the level that Coach Wright had them.

Still think Houston is going to take that 2 spot. They have some Division 1 players over there. Collierville is a good team year and year out, but I just think Houston has a little more firepower. You think White Station will miss the playoffs this year huh? They will have some players and I am big fan of spread offenses that go no huddle and throw it around the yard. They should still compete, but not at the level that Coach Wright had them.

You could be right about White Station.... Their new coach set a Mississippi State Record for Passing Yards in a season as the Hc of Byhalia Hs last year and I am sure that there is plenty of talent left at WS. I probably have them way underated in their region.

You could be right about White Station.... Their new coach set a Mississippi State Record for Passing Yards in a season as the Hc of Byhalia Hs last year and I am sure that there is plenty of talent left at WS. I probably have them way underated in their region.

My son plays for WS and I make as many practices as I can. There's some very positive things I can see them doing. On the other hand, we have a lot of youth and inexperience particularly on offense. Anytime you have youth/inexperience, you typically have some troubles with being consistent. The players have had to undergo alot of changes in coaching styles, the way practice and conditioning is done, expectations, and learning a new system. The players have bought into all of this, so that portends a successful transition. We may have a season that starts off slow and finishes strong, but it's tough to get a feel for where we are as yet. Everyone is anxious to get this season underway!