Grace Christian/Knox Central Scrimmage

THEDIDDLER

Perfectly said, Diddler....And just wanted to mention that there has been a shooting reported at Central High School this morning....we should all take a moment to pray for the school/faculty and students at this time. And the parents as well. It really puts things in perspective.....Our prayers go out to Central High School....

I hope that the kids and faculty are all safe. My prayers are with them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfectly said, Diddler....And just wanted to mention that there has been a shooting reported at Central High School this morning....we should all take a moment to pray for the school/faculty and students at this time. And the parents as well. It really puts things in perspective.....Our prayers go out to Central High School....

We need to hold these parents, students, and faculty members first in our prayers and thoughts today. Like you said when you hear something like this it really makes other things seem insignificant.

I'm sorry, I got off on a Clinton tangent.... Anyway, congratulations to Grace on their well-played scrimmage. Hopefully grace and onieda will meet in the playoffs and settle this ridiculous argument[/i]

I haven't read all the posts, but if there is any argument about who is better out of Onieda and Grace, I'd like to put in a couple cents. I like Grace, enjoyed the drive over there to watch the scrimmage when the other Grace played them, great people...

but if Onieda is as good as they keep talking about (I've read posts about them saying they could compete against SP, last year's champion) then there is no way Grace can compete with Onieda. Again, I know nothing about Onieda, but there is a TON of talk on other boards about how great this team is supposed to be. IF that is true, I'm sorry Grace, but on paper Onieda wins it. I say on paper because anything is possible, but after seeing you in first scrimmage, I don't think you can compete with the big boys. Grace Chatt beat you pretty bad in scrimmage and SP beat them by somewhere in the range of 50 points last year. If Onieda thinks they are compareable to them, my guess is Onieda wins.

Sorry, I just felt like talking more FOOTBALL then the complaining about transfers everyone is talking about. Good luck to y'all in Knoxville this year!

now listen here i was on the field and it was their varsity go on the 4a forum and ask em urself

hey bigbluewreckingcrew here is the thing, you without a doubt have no clue what you are talking about. Grace has not, does not, and never will recruit. They do not buy players or offer scholarships. Your jealousy is ridiculous.. I mean I get it you are frustrated that your job at the dollar general is not enough to get your kid a top education... Just because there are parents out there that work hard to send thier kids to a private school doesn't mean that you have any right to continue to bash these people... Maybe you could fix this jealously that you have by picking up a few extra hours at the dollar general, then maybe you could afford private school...Talk about recruiting, I believe the QB for Hampton is a transfer also...But you do not see Grace fans complaining about that...You Hampton people always talk about being the best and that there is no chance that Grace can beat you..Well here is an idea..Where are your state championships? In the end it does not matter what your record is if you get beat in the semi-finals every year...There is no trophy for 3rd or 4th place.. So humble yourselves, you haven't acomplished nothing yet...Good luck to you guys the remainder of the season, and trust me the Rams cannot wait for you to make a trip to Knoxville.... But be careful and leave early because there are more than one redlight down here.... Wouldn't want you to miss one single play....

Grace 35 Hampton 14

You know what you can get on here and talk all you want about recruiting. You do it don't deny it. Hampton turned non athletic kids away to Elizabethton to get into 1a. Oneida has done the same thing for years. Why do you think Scott countys football team stinks and Oneida is good all the time. So everybody just give it a rest and let the kids sort things out on the field. As for the profanity and dirty playing. When I played private schools were hte worst. It has a little to do with the the schools but mostly on how the kids are raised by their parents. If you move your kids for the atmosphere its because you are to scared to raise your kids yourself. I know it ain't fair they recruit one day maybe tssaa will figure out their mistakes. But for now just let the kids play no excuses.

You know what you can get on here and talk all you want about recruiting. You do it don't deny it. Hampton turned non athletic kids away to Elizabethton to get into 1a. Oneida has done the same thing for years. Why do you think Scott countys football team stinks and Oneida is good all the time. So everybody just give it a rest and let the kids sort things out on the field. As for the profanity and dirty playing. When I played private schools were hte worst. It has a little to do with the the schools but mostly on how the kids are raised by their parents. If you move your kids for the atmosphere its because you are to scared to raise your kids yourself. I know it ain't fair they recruit one day maybe tssaa will figure out their mistakes. But for now just let the kids play no excuses.

artic I agree with you for the most part no matter how we feel about the rules (or lack there of) it's about the kids and they should be left alone to play the game. But as far as the profanity thing goes I don't really think it's any worse at private schools I think that the problem is that public schools want to see us acting less than perfect and guess what when it comes to teenagers no matter what kind of school they go to you will find some of them acting up. As far as people raising their kids if you do your homework you will find that most people that have moved thier children to private schools do so because they dont want public schools and the government dictating what their kids will be taught and dont want what they are teaching them at home to be undermined by a public school system controlled by the government. And there are other reasons, but I think if you talk to most folks you will find that you missed the boat on that one.