Smyrna Bulldogs 2008

Bulldog86

Let me guess........he is the transfer from Beech! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I really don't have a clue who he is. I don't know if that rumor is even true. I heard it at a Baseball game this spring, that there was a transfer and I think the school was Beech. I hoped someone on here knew. I will speak to some Smyrna folks tomorrow at the BGA scrimmage. If i hear anything I'll pass it on.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with 1 more scrimmage to go this year I thought it would be good to put this thread out there. As most of you know Smyrna has been pretty good the last few years. Back 2 Back 5A champions. They have gone thru many changes this off season. Coaching staff, Star QB, Star WR & DB. With those changes, goes the days of wide open, high scoring, electrifying offence. No longer will Smyrna be picking up big chunks of yardage play after play. No longer can they look to #2 and #5 to make a big play when the game is on the line. Those days are gone.

But with these changes comes a new style of football. A style of football that is not the most sexy. It won't put the big number on the scoreboard. It will not pick up the big chucks of yardage with 1 play. It is a power football style. It will be a run the rock, control the clock and play physical football for 4 quarters. Its a style of play that many teams are going away from but it is a style of football that with the right players and the right team attitude, could be just as effective as the ladder. Smyrna has those players. They are big up front and they have 2 Running back that can play ANYWHERE in the state.

With this style it is important that you play solid defence. You will not score as many points so there is not as much room for silly mistakes. As far as the Defence goes Smyrna will be fine. But, the first 2 scrimmage were sloppy and they did make some silly mistakes. The last scrimmage looked better. I'm sure that when the kids and coaches start to get use to one another, some of that stuff will work itself out.

The question is, will Smyrna win a 3rd 5A title? There are lots of folks saying yes and lots of folks saying no. That will be determined in the not to distant future. But if they do, it will be with a different style of football and a total team effort.

I'll be there pulling for them every step of the way. GO LUCK BULLDOGS!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well with 1 more scrimmage to go this year I thought it would be good to put this thread out there. As most of you know Smyrna has been pretty good the last few years. Back 2 Back 5A champions. They have gone thru many changes this off season. Coaching staff, Star QB, Star WR & DB. With those changes, goes the days of wide open, high scoring, electrifying offence. No longer will Smyrna be picking up big chunks of yardage play after play. No longer can they look to #2 and #5 to make a big play when the game is on the line. Those days are gone.

But with these changes comes a new style of football. A style of football that is not the most sexy. It won't put the big number on the scoreboard. It will not pick up the big chucks of yardage with 1 play. It is a power football style. It will be a run the rock, control the clock and play physical football for 4 quarters. Its a style of play that many teams are going away from but it is a style of football that with the right players and the right team attitude, could be just as effective as the ladder. Smyrna has those players. They are big up front and they have 2 Running back that can play ANYWHERE in the state.

With this style it is important that you play solid defence. You will not score as many points so there is not as much room for silly mistakes. As far as the Defence goes Smyrna will be fine. But, the first 2 scrimmage were sloppy and they did make some silly mistakes. The last scrimmage looked better. I'm sure that when the kids and coaches start to get use to one another, some of that stuff will work itself out.

The question is, will Smyrna win a 3rd 5A title? There are lots of folks saying yes and lots of folks saying no. That will be determined in the not to distant future. But if they do, it will be with a different style of football and a total team effort.

I'll be there pulling for them every step of the way. GO LUCK BULLDOGS!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would not worry if i had Bryson in the back field and that big line. You will probably show up again in the Boro come December.

I would not worry if i had Bryson in the back field and that big line. You will probably show up again in the Boro come December.

No question that Bryson is an outstanding talent. He is one of the most shifty and elusive HS runnig backs I've seen in a long time. The thing he dose best in anticipate the contact of tacklers. His field vision is 2nd to none. One thing people will realize very soon, is Smyrna has another running back that will give you fits. Not only will he be a great player to give Bryson a break but he is a north/south runner and hits the hole with bad intentions. I expect to see them both on the field together in certain situations and create some bad matchups for defences.

No question that Bryson is an outstanding talent. He is one of the most shifty and elusive HS runnig backs I've seen in a long time. The thing he dose best in anticipate the contact of tacklers. His field vision is 2nd to none. One thing people will realize very soon, is Smyrna has another running back that will give you fits. Not only will he be a great player to give Bryson a break but he is a north/south runner and hits the hole with bad intentions. I expect to see them both on the field together in certain situations and create some bad matchups for defences.

what is his name and grade?

What will happen when teams will play Smyrna with a ten man front?

Well 'fredjones' very good question. And they know they will see that. That will be when the young QB will have to complete just enough passes to take teams out of that set. They know they'll see at least 9 in the box and Smyrna will just have to come up with a few passes to keep team's honest.

10 in a box is a stretch. I have a hard time thinking many teams will use 10 man fronts. If so my 3 year old nephew could complete passes.

Smyrna should be an above .500 team again this year...I don't expect LaVergne to beat them just because they have never beaten them (well maybe that ONE time) and that Riverdale game is going to be rough. I think they'll beat Oakland and Siegel. Idk about W.C. but they should be back; they made a great run last year. And Lebanon flat out got lucky last year. I think a three-peat will be tough but it's doable. As long as the defense and Bryson have good seasons we will contend for another title...

• 1 month later...

Dose anyone know the names and years of the two QB's battling for the #1 QB spot at Smyrna. I know the #s are 13 and 14.

#13 played with the #1s Friday and look like he's athletic but needed to work on some confidence. #14 looked to be more polished with much better footwork and a better arm. Love to hear some thoughts on who will win the job of leading the defending Back to Back 5A Champs.

#13 i forgot his name but #14 is Kyle freeman-----------i got all names and numbers for smyrna

The QB coach is Coach Childs. I found out today at the scrimmage.

Yea coach Childs is a pretty good coach and takes care of the boys. He tells them what they are doing good and what they could work on, he motivates his boys and coaches them through everything. I have the joy of having Coach Childs as my personal finance teacher and he is not only an inspiration on the field but in the classrooom as well>>>im glad this team has him on their sideline!!!

The QB coach is Coach Childs. I found out today at the scrimmage.

Do u play for Smyrna football Bulldogs 86?? if so who are you??!?!?!? Cause im on Smyrna's sideline too

I really don't have a clue who he is. I don't know if that rumor is even true. I heard it at a Baseball game this spring, that there was a transfer and I think the school was Beech. I hoped someone on here knew. I will speak to some Smyrna folks tomorrow at the BGA scrimmage. If i hear anything I'll pass it on.

Coach Childs came from BLackman!!!!

Bulldogs play well and if they have their hearts in the right place they will achieve anything