Smyrna Bulldogs 2008

Bulldog86

Dose anyone know the names and years of the two QB's battling for the #1 QB spot at Smyrna. I know the #s are 13 and 14.

#13 played with the #1s Friday and look like he's athletic but needed to work on some confidence. #14 looked to be more polished with much better footwork and a better arm. Love to hear some thoughts on who will win the job of leading the defending Back to Back 5A Champs.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better question is who is the QB coach now that Robbins has gone. He changed Sonny from a good QB to a GREAT one.

I don't know Coach Robbins but I've heard nothing but great things about him but coaching Sonny makes you even that much better. I been around football my whole life and I have not seen a better competitor and a player who just will not except losing as Sonny Gray. I've seen him do things on the field that you would not believe was done by a 6 foot 185 pounder (Soak and wet). Please don't take that as a knock on Coach Robbins because it's not but Sonny was just that good.

I don't know Coach Robbins but I've heard nothing but great things about him but coaching Sonny makes you even that much better. I been around football my whole life and I have not seen a better competitor and a player who just will not except losing as Sonny Gray. I've seen him do things on the field that you would not believe was done by a 6 foot 185 pounder (Soak and wet). Please don't take that as a knock on Coach Robbins because it's not but Sonny was just that good.

Yes, I agree that Sonny is a compititor. What Coach Robbins taught him was how to read defenses and thusly cut his interceptions by over half. Before Robbins he got intercepted ALOT. That why I want to know who the QB coach is now and whether he has anywhere the same knowledge because it does determine a passing attacks success whoever is running it.

And I know what Sonny can do after watching him complete a pass to beat R'dale when any other QB would have been sacked!

no. Did not QB friday against Hillsboro.

It would surprised me if they make that move. If they did, it sure would make for a fun offence like Pat White at West Virgina. I have not seen him throw the ball but I bet he could run a little Zone Option Offence pretty nice.

"That why I want to know who the QB coach is now and whether he has anywhere the same knowledge because it does determine a passing attacks success whoever is running it."

I think that there is a event at the Smyrna HS this Thursday where you can meet the new staff and the team. I will see what I can find out for you about the new QB coach.

It would surprised me if they make that move. If they did, it sure would make for a fun offence like Pat White at West Virgina. I have not seen him throw the ball but I bet he could run a little Zone Option Offence pretty nice.

"That why I want to know who the QB coach is now and whether he has anywhere the same knowledge because it does determine a passing attacks success whoever is running it."

I think that there is a event at the Smyrna HS this Thursday where you can meet the new staff and the team. I will see what I can find out for you about the new QB coach.

Heard the new QB coach was Daniel Childs a graduate of Smyrna, with some college coaching. Played before Wokie, older brother of Stephen Childs, a Qb,FS also.

Dose anyone know the names and years of the two QB's battling for the #1 QB spot at Smyrna. I know the #s are 13 and 14.

#13 played with the #1s Friday and look like he's athletic but needed to work on some confidence. #14 looked to be more polished with much better footwork and a better arm. Love to hear some thoughts on who will win the job of leading the defending Back to Back 5A Champs.

iz #14 ur son?

sounds like it

Yes, I agree that Sonny is a compititor. What Coach Robbins taught him was how to read defenses and thusly cut his interceptions by over half. Before Robbins he got intercepted ALOT. That why I want to know who the QB coach is now and whether he has anywhere the same knowledge because it does determine a passing attacks success whoever is running it.

And I know what Sonny can do after watching him complete a pass to beat R'dale when any other QB would have been sacked!

He was sacked. His feet were off the ground, his facemask was pointing toward the sky,the pass he got off went a mile high. The best coaching that Coach Robbins did, was coaching Shad into letting the QB play the position.

"No Sir. We are of no relation" to quote Forest gump! I just fell he look more poised in the 1st scrimmage. Of coure it was against the #2s' but he just had better feet and better thows.

Let me guess........he is the transfer from Beech! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />