Millington Vs Munford... M&M Bowl 2008....

Rob_M

Young (meaning inexperienced) line, quarterback and other skill positions in conjunction with injuries/transfers (due to death in family) makes this one a tough, tough game for the Cougars. Not sure if it will be close after the opening kick off but agree with WT, if they stay close then it could get interesting... Millington should run away with it but the Munford kids will certainly put up a fight.

I am eager to see Holmes,Garner, and Brown get their shot in the spotlight at the RB positions for the Trojans this year. Each played the backup role to Knowlton and Simpson last year. I am also excited to see the sophmore class under the Friday night lights as well. There are a number of sophmores that should play substatial roles on this years Trojan team.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am eager to see Holmes,Garner, and Brown get their shot in the spotlight at the RB positions for the Trojans this year. Each played the backup role to Knowlton and Simpson last year. I am also excited to see the sophmore class under the Friday night lights as well. There are a number of sophmores that should play substatial roles on this years Trojan team.

I hope that we get to see the sophmores play that are good enough to be playing. Who do you think get the most time at QB in the Munford game? When does White come off suspension and will he even be a factor in the QB mix? You know Depth is going to make or break this team this year, if those underclassmen can get in the mix and develop some confidence they have the talent to contribute this year and add to the depth needed in several positions.

I hope that we get to see the sophmores play that are good enough to be playing. Who do you think get the most time at QB in the Munford game? When does White come off suspension and will he even be a factor in the QB mix? You know Depth is going to make or break this team this year, if those underclassmen can get in the mix and develop some confidence they have the talent to contribute this year and add to the depth needed in several positions.

I think the chances are that Santerio gets the majority of the snaps vs Munford. He is a SR who had has done all of the right things to get his chance to play. If he should falter, I think that sophmore Mario Harwell is right on his heels. He brings a much more athletic dynamic to the position. What he may lack in experience, He more than makes up with his ability to make plays. Hunter is out for atleast the first 4 games which makes the likely hood of him contributing at the QB position this year very slim or even none.

I think the chances are that Santerio gets the majority of the snaps vs Munford. He is a SR who had has done all of the right things to get his chance to play. If he should falter, I think that sophmore Mario Harwell is right on his heels. He brings a much more athletic dynamic to the position. What he may lack in experience, He more than makes up with his ability to make plays. Hunter is out for atleast the first 4 games which makes the likely hood of him contributing at the QB position this year very slim or even none.

I hear from inside the Munford camp they are struggling with several areas and losing the Purty kid is a tough loss for them. I think losing Coach Settler on the offensive line is going to be tough to overcome. It should be an opportunity for Millington to play alot of their younger players in the first game to see how they have progressed through camp. I wonder if Munford will be able to win this friday against Northside? Northside has had some good talent the last couple seasons but no depth has killed them as the game progressed and they get tired and Munford has pulled away. If Munford get that win it will sure help their intensity when the millington games arrives. if they lose to northside then the millington game could be ugly early.

I hear from inside the Munford camp they are struggling with several areas and losing the Purty kid is a tough loss for them. I think losing Coach Settler on the offensive line is going to be tough to overcome. It should be an opportunity for Millington to play alot of their younger players in the first game to see how they have progressed through camp. I wonder if Munford will be able to win this friday against Northside? Northside has had some good talent the last couple seasons but no depth has killed them as the game progressed and they get tired and Munford has pulled away. If Munford get that win it will sure help their intensity when the millington games arrives. if they lose to northside then the millington game could be ugly early.

Pretty solid observation. Understand the Cougars lost another one in the Jamboree at Covington...Understand it was one of the bigger linemen. With the rash of injuries they've already incurred and the loss of the back that was forced to move, the coaching staff up there will face a difficult challenge not only with the Trojans, but with their entire schedule. It'll be interesting to see just how the younger players will respond. As for next Friday, this weekend against NS will tell a great deal as to what you might expect.

Pretty solid observation. Understand the Cougars lost another one in the Jamboree at Covington...Understand it was one of the bigger linemen. With the rash of injuries they've already incurred and the loss of the back that was forced to move, the coaching staff up there will face a difficult challenge not only with the Trojans, but with their entire schedule. It'll be interesting to see just how the younger players will respond. As for next Friday, this weekend against NS will tell a great deal as to what you might expect.

Must agree with the observation from cam6 and the challenges outlined by wtnoff. Not sure about the injury from Jamboree so I'm not sure how it plays out. I know the coaches are trying to press the right buttons to get the younger players to step up but it is a test every day. Hopefully the Memphis Northside game will add some experience and create some momentum but if it turns out to be a loss then it will be hard to get this young team to believe they have a shot against Millington. Depth alone is starting to be a problem and it gets worse when you're talking about back-ups to Jrs or Sophs that didn't hardly play last year. This will be the toughest year yet for the coaching staff and that includes the loss of a coach from last year with no replacement. Regardless, the Munford faithfull will be there to support!

Young (meaning inexperienced) line, quarterback and other skill positions in conjunction with injuries/transfers (due to death in family) makes this one a tough, tough game for the Cougars. Not sure if it will be close after the opening kick off but agree with WT, if they stay close then it could get interesting... Millington should run away with it but the Munford kids will certainly put up a fight.

The Munford kids will surely put up a fight. This is a reflection of the head coach Wayne Randall. Love him or hate him, you cannot argue the fact that his kids are going to fight until they cannot fight anymore. Munford is a school in transition. They have had several coaches and student athletes leave in the past few years. I'm sure that every school has those type of problems, but the pickins were already slim at MHS. Good luck to the Cougars this season.

I saw Munford play against Haywood in last week's jamboree. That was dominated by Haywood. Munford diid not show me anything. Maybe Wayne Randall was holding back, but I doubt it.

I have not seen Millington since Covington last played them a couple of years ago, but from their success in last year's playoffs, I agree with those who think Munford will have tough time competing with Millington.

The Munford kids will surely put up a fight. This is a reflection of the head coach Wayne Randall. Love him or hate him, you cannot argue the fact that his kids are going to fight until they cannot fight anymore. Munford is a school in transition. They have had several coaches and student athletes leave in the past few years. I'm sure that every school has those type of problems, but the pickins were already slim at MHS. Good luck to the Cougars this season.

Agree completely. This was going to be transition year regardless of injuries or other losses. I believe they will do everything possible to get the kids ready and even if this year has it's share of losses there will be a large set of experienced players returining for next year.

As a former member of the cougar football team under Coach Randall and his staff, I know that Munford can pull off anything. The mental strength that these young men have gives them the heart to upset anyone. As in last years performance against Brighton. Even though we lost, the players put their all on the field. But we won't get into that because I still don't agree with some calls made. However, that's just the way the game is played. All I'm saying is that Coach Randall and his staff prepare the heck out of the team. Now even though all the starting lineman except for one are gone, these coaches know how to make little boys into men throughout the summer. And yes the loss of Purty and Dale also made an impact on the team. But as it has been for the past two years, everyone looks for Munford to fail and they come right out on the top. So, good luck Munford. Surprise everyone and come out on top. Put your all on the field and feel good about yourself at night. Thinking, "I'm tired, sore, and beat up, but I put my all on that field." No regrets baby, no regets. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a former member of the cougar football team under Coach Randall and his staff, I know that Munford can pull off anything. The mental strength that these young men have gives them the heart to upset anyone. As in last years performance against Brighton. Even though we lost, the players put their all on the field. But we won't get into that because I still don't agree with some calls made. However, that's just the way the game is played. All I'm saying is that Coach Randall and his staff prepare the heck out of the team. Now even though all the starting lineman except for one are gone, these coaches know how to make little boys into men throughout the summer. And yes the loss of Purty and Dale also made an impact on the team. But as it has been for the past two years, everyone looks for Munford to fail and they come right out on the top. So, good luck Munford. Surprise everyone and come out on top. Put your all on the field and feel good about yourself at night. Thinking, "I'm tired, sore, and beat up, but I put my all on that field." No regrets baby, no regets. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Came out on top?...... Ummm... Didn't Munford have losing seasons the last two years?

Don't get me wrong, I admire the job that Coach Randall is doing there at Munford. The cupboard was truly bare when he got there. He is an excellent coach.