MTN. LAKES CONF.(Who will be on top?)

headhunter13

This year is a good example why the reclassification was necessary. With all due respect, it's obvious that non of these schools are truly in the league of THS and South, and that only hurts everybody involved. THS and South suffer in the playoffs as a result of weaker competition, and the other schools suffer from loosing athletes that are tired of getting beat down by the same schools year after year. I know some of you will look at this post as a cheap shot, but that's not my intentions. I just simply tell it like it tisss!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The way I see it:

THS

South

Elizabethton

Johnson County

Central

East

Unicoi

North

1- South

2- Tenn High

3- Johnson County

4- East

5- Elizabethton

6- North

7- Central

8- Unicoi

I just dont see anyone in the conference beating South. Too much offense. Hopefully JC can prove me wrong though!!! Go Horns! Good Luck to all teams...finally time for some football!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jchs has a shot at tenn high but south is hands down the best team. my picks is

south

jhonson county(tenn high looks over them a gets punched inthe mouth and jhonson county host a playoff game for the first time since 1988)

tenn high

e town(herd there backs are really good)

east(dont know much about them thats why i got them at five)

1- South

2- Tenn High

3- Johnson County

4- East

5- Elizabethton

6- North

7- Central

8- Unicoi

I just dont see anyone in the conference beating South. Too much offense. Hopefully JC can prove me wrong though!!! Go Horns! Good Luck to all teams...finally time for some football!

1- THS

2- South or JCHS

3- South or JCHS

4- East

5- Eliz or Unicoi

6- Eliz or Unicoi

7- Central

8- North

Can't really make my mind up yet it's to early. Good Luck to all.

I’d be curious to know what team you support because I truly can’t tell from any of your previous posts. This thread is about the MLC conference if you didn’t notice, so that’s why DB didn’t factor into my last post. And I take it that you obviously didn’t see the THS vs. South game last year, because even a diehard South fan wouldn’t have had the nerve to make that ridiculous last statement “ from the looks of last season and this season so far, I would not put Bristol in the same sentence as South just yet.”. Don’t forget, we seem to struggle against Unicoi last year in the jamboree and then proceeded to put 31 points on them during the regular season game. And just a question for the record (and with you’re vast MLC knowledge surely you have a competent answer)…with the exception of THS, Elizabethton, and recently South, when has any other current MLC team won or even challenged for a Conference Championship since the beginning of what is known as the MLC? I rest my case!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I can see your point about last years Bristol - South game....Touche'. I don't mean to start a war here either. It just seems that you basically dogged the entire MLC except South. The same thing exists in the Five Rivers, Big East, and most others I imagine, but it doesn't stop good teams from advancing. South made it to round 4, Greeneville made it to round 3, both of these teams were #1 seeds. My point is that once you leave the area, say round 4 and 5, perhaps then you have a point about strength of schedule helping prepare for playoffs. While you are still north of Knoxville it really doesn't matter because you are expected to advance, since as you say, the schedule is so weak and South and Bristol are so good. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

With all the changes next year who will South and Tenn be playing next year and does anyone know if Eliz is going to move down or play up?

South and Tennessee High will be part of the Big 7 which consists of:

THS

South

DB

Science Hill

David Crockett

Daniel Boone

Volunteer

It's still unknown if East and Central will play in this district because their numbers are right around the line.

I hope Elizabethton moves down to the 3A/4A district. They supposed tol compete against North, Johnson County, Happy Valley, Unicoi Co. and possibly Central and East.

South and Tennessee High will be part of the Big 7 which consists of:

THS

South

DB

Science Hill

David Crockett

Daniel Boone

Volunteer

It's still unknown if East and Central will play in this district because their numbers are right around the line.

I hope Elizabethton moves down to the 3A/4A district. They supposed tol compete against North, Johnson County, Happy Valley, Unicoi Co. and possibly Central and East.

I heard Eliz numbers were to high to drop down don't know if thats true or not. Thanks for the info.

I can see your point about last years Bristol - South game....Touche'. I don't mean to start a war here either. It just seems that you basically dogged the entire MLC except South. The same thing exists in the Five Rivers, Big East, and most others I imagine, but it doesn't stop good teams from advancing. South made it to round 4, Greeneville made it to round 3, both of these teams were #1 seeds. My point is that once you leave the area, say round 4 and 5, perhaps then you have a point about strength of schedule helping prepare for playoffs. While you are still north of Knoxville it really doesn't matter because you are expected to advance, since as you say, the schedule is so weak and South and Bristol are so good. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

This is true down in greeneville for years now we have been playing 4a going up against teams with twice as many kids as we have. We have done well and defended our own but many people are asking now that this reclassification is out what if were would have a 3a how many state titles could we have had. I don't remember who started this thread but u have a great point. Yeah volunteer did get lucky last year and beat THS but thats not a every year thing. It seems like the same teams are always fighting for top honors with SOUTH and THS in the MLC and GHS, WEST and EAST in the 5 rivers. The schedules are weaker up here a few years ago we had knox central and anderson county to start off the year. Hopefully they just put maryville in a league of there own but i think there big time streak is about up.

Guest longhorns51

I dont know why everyone sleeps on Johnson County. This is their best chance to win the MLC even though i know it wont happen. They will get 2nd as long as we can stay healthy were a small school so depth is always a problem. We have a great senior class this year kindda makes me wish we played in 3A this year. Our QB Austin Phipps is going to have a great year. The defense is stout and our kicker Christian Prudhomme is money from 45 yards or less so if its a close game Johnson County will win. As for betsy coach Witten doesnt look like he knows what he is doing yet. Im not putting him down its just some people can coach and some cant and i dont think he can but i have been wrong before. But like I said im not trying to slam him im just telling it the way i see it. I guess we will find out the second week of the season if im right or wrong. South will win the conf again. The reason i see JCHS and THS having a chance to compete with them this year is cause of Curt Phillips leaving. I know South has some great players and their coach in my eyes is the best in TN he has a complicated defense that is hard to pick apart. But lets all be honest Curt was a man among boys and that makes a big difference. Tennessee High took a big loss this year when Bible graduated. They are like JCHS in a way the defense is always going to be there but their offense falls all on their RB (sorry i cant remember his name right now) but last year he broke out and never looked back. East is my sleeper team this year they have depth and looked good last year. I feel that they are good enough for 4th this year. Unicoi looked small in the Jamboree but i dont think they had all their starters in there were some big boys on the sideline. North and Central i dont see much change. North may win 3 again and Central might get 1 win again. I feel bad for them i really do cause i know how they feel you put in all that hard work in practice and 2 a days then nothing to show for it. My high school team was the same way. The way i saw it at the Jamboree every team looked slow but its the jamboree some teams dont even play all their starters so you cant get anything from it. But I would like to say good luck to all the MLC teams and GO LONGHORNS.

1. South

2. Johnson County

3. Tennessee High

4. East

5. Unicoi

6. Elizabethton

7. North

8. Central

I dont know why everyone sleeps on Johnson County. This is their best chance to win the MLC even though i know it wont happen. They will get 2nd as long as we can stay healthy were a small school so depth is always a problem. We have a great senior class this year kindda makes me wish we played in 3A this year. Our QB Austin Phipps is going to have a great year. The defense is stout and our kicker Christian Prudhomme is money from 45 yards or less so if its a close game Johnson County will win. As for betsy coach Witten doesnt look like he knows what he is doing yet. Im not putting him down its just some people can coach and some cant and i dont think he can but i have been wrong before. But like I said im not trying to slam him im just telling it the way i see it. I guess we will find out the second week of the season if im right or wrong. South will win the conf again. The reason i see JCHS and THS having a chance to compete with them this year is cause of Curt Phillips leaving. I know South has some great players and their coach in my eyes is the best in TN he has a complicated defense that is hard to pick apart. But lets all be honest Curt was a man among boys and that makes a big difference. Tennessee High took a big loss this year when Bible graduated. They are like JCHS in a way the defense is always going to be there but their offense falls all on their RB (sorry i cant remember his name right now) but last year he broke out and never looked back. East is my sleeper team this year they have depth and looked good last year. I feel that they are good enough for 4th this year. Unicoi looked small in the Jamboree but i dont think they had all their starters in there were some big boys on the sideline. North and Central i dont see much change. North may win 3 again and Central might get 1 win again. I feel bad for them i really do cause i know how they feel you put in all that hard work in practice and 2 a days then nothing to show for it. My high school team was the same way. The way i saw it at the Jamboree every team looked slow but its the jamboree some teams dont even play all their starters so you cant get anything from it. But I would like to say good luck to all the MLC teams and GO LONGHORNS.

1. South

2. Johnson County

3. Tennessee High

4. East

5. Unicoi

6. Elizabethton

7. North

8. Central

Longhorn the only statement I can agree with in your post is "i been wrong before" because if I'm not mistaken your pre-season picks from last year were almost identical and South and THS breezed through the conference competition. Your comments about Coach Witten are unfair to say the least! All I can say to that is...we will see /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> . And by naming Coach Carter the best in TN discredits any assessment of coaching you may have. Coach Carter has proven himself to be a BIG asset to the South program and IS a great coach in my opinion, but the BEST IN THE STATE...REALLY /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> !!???? You must have been stuck in a cave somewhere during South's last game of the season last year. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but I dare say yours will be laughed at when it comes to coaching.

Longhorn the only statement I can agree with in your post is "i been wrong before" because if I'm not mistaken your pre-season picks from last year were almost identical and South and THS breezed through the conference competition. Your comments about Coach Witten are unfair to say the least! All I can say to that is...we will see /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> . And by naming Coach Carter the best in TN discredits any assessment of coaching you may have. Coach Carter has proven himself to be a BIG asset to the South program and IS a great coach in my opinion, but the BEST IN THE STATE...REALLY /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> !!???? You must have been stuck in a cave somewhere during South's last game of the season last year. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but I dare say yours will be laughed at when it comes to coaching.

Some good comments by both posters.

I do think the THS @ JC game is very dangerous for the Vikings.

Carter has been a big asset to the South program. They are building and growing over the past 5 years (momentum started before Carter to be fair) and are going to hard to handle. Stubbs has ***** of steel for his fake punt inside his own 20 in the fourth quarter. One of the best HS coaching calls I have ever seen.

This year is a good example why the reclassification was necessary. With all due respect, it's obvious that non of these schools are truly in the league of THS and South, and that only hurts everybody involved. THS and South suffer in the playoffs as a result of weaker competition, and the other schools suffer from loosing athletes that are tired of getting beat down by the same schools year after year. I know some of you will look at this post as a cheap shot, but that's not my intentions. I just simply tell it like it tisss!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The way I see it:

THS

South

Elizabethton

Johnson County

Central

East

Unicoi

North

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I partly agree with what your saying but what league of play should THS and SS be in, because in the playoffs whoever makes it as far as Maryville always falls short, don't get wrong I'm not knocking either team. Look at Johnson County how far would they go if they played in the league that they should be in, the last three years 3rd has been there best and more than likely will not get any better than that. The same goes for alot of the teams in the MLC.