O.J. Mayo's brother

montague1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to tssaa rules if he was enrolled for 3 days at houston he will have to move out of houston's district to attand somewhere else and be eligible. He may be God's gift to memphis basketball but I heard he was not impressive in open play.

Tht's a very good point. Still no confirmation..I can't find out for sure. BTW...from all I gather he is pretty good, but not Memphis Tiger good...NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!

So does he sit out now....or what?? Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

I would doubt it. The TSSAA says that if a student transfer has practiced with a team for 3 or more days at the school where he/she were previously enrolled then they would be ineligible for 12 months to play that sport unless there is a change of residence. I believe that is what Dragonmaster was getting at but that rule shouldn't be an issue anyway since basketball teams cannot officially practice yet. The rule that would apply is the one that states that a student must be enrolled before the 20th day of school, in regular attendance, and carry 5 full courses during the present semseter. In this case, Mayo would be in the clear to play.

Here is the TSSAA's summary

TSSAA rules

Bert

While I understand what you said about the eligiblity situation, you have an A - B transfer that was ok but then you have a B-C transfer without a change of residence. When you look in the by-laws, sections 11, 12, and 13 go a little deeper than the general statement on the student flyer. I do not disagree with your statement, I just believe it goes deeper and there is an issue. I hate it for kid if there is a problem. Did he receive bad advice? Of course any advice would then be in violation of section 17, the R word....