Gallatin to play game in Ohio in 2010

timbdp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps your "point" may have some bias. Although I would agree that overall Ohio High School football maybe more competitive than Tennessee High School football. I would disagree with your assessment that there can't be any team in Tennessee that in some years could possibly beat the best teams from Ohio. This logic is as flawed as saying that the Big 10 is tougher than the SEC. How about those buckeyes? Is it 14 games in a row now?

Your right I do have a bias for Ohio "HS" football. but it's based on knowledge and facts not fan gush. I played for a great HS program in the early 90 in the Cleveland area. I will eat my words if it ever happens but for now I say if a great Ohio HS team plays a great HS TN team, the Ohio HS team would win 9 out of 10 times, where ever they play. I'm sure I never said it was impossible for a TN, HS team to win over a great Ohio team. I just feel it's very un-likley. My exact quote was I don't think so

As far as your Ohio St. comment. I went and played at Michigan so I'm not and will never be a buckeyes fan for collage football. The Big 10 (or 2) is not a better conf. then the SEC and has not been for some time now.

Your right I do have a bias for Ohio "HS" football. but it's based on knowledge and facts not fan gush. I played for a great HS program in the early 90 in the Cleveland area. I will eat my words if it ever happens but for now I say if a great Ohio HS team plays a great HS TN team, the Ohio HS team would win 9 out of 10 times, where ever they play. I'm sure I never said it was impossible for a TN, HS team to win over a great Ohio team. I just feel it's very un-likley. My exact quote was I don't think so

As far as your Ohio St. comment. I went and played at Michigan so I'm not and will never be a buckeyes fan for collage football. The Big 10 (or 2) is not a better conf. then the SEC and has not been for some time now.

Bulldog,

I am not saying that Tennessee high school football is better than Ohio high school football, and I'm sure most Tennesseans that have football knowledge would agree. What I am saying is that there are two to three teams from Tennessee that would hang with your Ohio powers. You are wrong when you say they would win 9 out of 10 games against them. That's too lopsided! So, as you so eloquently stated...I don't think so. It would probably be more like 6 to 4. In the grand scheme of things, though, Ohio will have about 10 teams to Tennessee's 3 teams that would have national consideration on a yearly basis.

BTW, what team did you play for in the Cleveland area? I can't think of a team with 'Bulldogs' for a nickname. St. Iggy are the Wildcats, Glenville are the Tarblooders, and St. Edward are the Eagles. Those have been the predominant teams from that area over the last decade or so. Forgive me if I have left a team out that warrants consideration.

Also, Bulldog, my knowledge of high school football is not based on fan gush or bias. I have actually followed high school football nationally for about twenty years now. I have watched games and video tapes for years, as well. I feel I have gained the appropriate amount of knowledge to make a judgement about other state's teams.

Bulldog,

I am not saying that Tennessee high school football is better than Ohio high school football, and I'm sure most Tennesseans that have football knowledge would agree. What I am saying is that there are two to three teams from Tennessee that would hang with your Ohio powers. You are wrong when you say they would win 9 out of 10 games against them. That's too lopsided! So, as you so eloquently stated...I don't think so. It would probably be more like 6 to 4. In the grand scheme of things, though, Ohio will have about 10 teams to Tennessee's 3 teams that would have national consideration on a yearly basis.

BTW, what team did you play for in the Cleveland area? I can't think of a team with 'Bulldogs' for a nickname. St. Iggy are the Wildcats, Glenville are the Tarblooders, and St. Edward are the Eagles. Those have been the predominant teams from that area over the last decade or so. Forgive me if I have left a team out that warrants consideration.

Also, Bulldog, my knowledge of high school football is not based on fan gush or bias. I have actually followed high school football nationally for about twenty years now. I have watched games and video tapes for years, as well. I feel I have gained the appropriate amount of knowledge to make a judgement about other state's teams.

The Bulldog is for Smyrna here in TN. I played at the Iggy.

We will have to agree to disagree on this on. St. X has been Ohio's top team for some time now. You fell that MBA or BA could beat them 4 out of 10 times? I can't and won't buy it. In fact I would be suprised if MBA or BA would finish better then 7-3 in St. X's conference. MBA is playing 1 of them (Archbishop Moeller) next week. Moeller is no longer the dominant football power in the USA, Ohio or even Cincinnati. St .X, Elder and Colerain have been better for some time now. If MBA can't beat them this weekend. I think my point is made. If MBA wins then we still have a debate because you have a top (1 or 2) TN team playing a team in Ohio that is maybe the 4 best team in their conference. Still Moeller is a great team but they play a brutal schedule even in their city, let alone the national teams they play.

I love and respect the heck out of MBA and BA's programs here in TN. I know Maryville is ranked but they are not going to be in this conversation. BA and MBA do not have the same amount of tallent to beat Ohio's Best, 4 time out of 10. Even Last years great undefeated MBA team would have struggled to beat St. X. But it just an opinion of mine. what do i know. I'm an old wash up ball player, love'en life in the great state of TN.

By the way, my fan gush comment was not pointed at you. You do seem to have a good feel for the pulse of HS football across this great county of ours.

We will have to agree to disagree on this on. St. X has been Ohio's top team for some time now. You fell that MBA or BA could beat them 4 out of 10 times? I can't and won't buy it. In fact I would be suprised if MBA or BA would finish better then 7-3 in St. X's conference. MBA is playing 1 of them (Archbishop Moeller) next week. Moeller is no longer the dominant football power in the USA, Ohio or even Cincinnati. St .X, Elder and Colerain have been better for some time now. If MBA can't beat them this weekend. I think my point is made. If MBA wins then we still have a debate because you have a top (1 or 2) TN team playing a team in Ohio that is maybe the 4 best team in their conference. Still Moeller is a great team but they play a brutal schedule even in their city, let alone the national teams they play.

I love and respect the heck out of MBA and BA's programs here in TN. I know Maryville is ranked but they are not going to be in this conversation. BA and MBA do not have the same amount of tallent to beat Ohio's Best, 4 time out of 10. Even Last years great undefeated MBA team would have struggled to beat St. X. But it just an opinion of mine. what do i know. I'm an old wash up ball player, love'en life in the great state of TN.

By the way, my fan gush comment was not pointed at you. You do seem to have a good feel for the pulse of HS football across this great county of ours.

No worries, I'm just an old washed up ball player myself. I agree with you on one point. There is no way on God's green earth that MBA, or any team in Tennessee, would've beaten last years St. X team. They were the best in the nation in my opinion.

BTW, Colerain beat St. X last night 13-8 in Crosstown Chili matchup. They could start out 0-2 because they have a tough one against Prattville next week. Maybe this year, that brutal schedule will catch up to them. They still have to play Don Bosco Prep, as well as their Catholic league rivals.

Bulldog,

Excellent point. Anyone who could conclusively say that any Tennessee High School Football team would lose to a good Ohio High School football team 9 out of 10 times needs to be in Vegas.

And can I assume by your statement that anyone who would disagree with your assessment of high school football is just a "gushing fan?" How long have you been in the South?

And can I assume by your statement that anyone who would disagree with your assessment of high school football is just a "gushing fan?" How long have you been in the South?

These comments are total fan gush! Ohio does have some of the best talent that goes onto play d-1 college ball but I would hardly call these some of the best teams in the country as far as the high school level. 2006 Hilliard Davidson won the d-1 state title and in 2007 ST. X won the d-1 title. Some of the better teams in the south including Tenneessee would beat or could easiely play with these teams up here! If St. X played the 2004 version of Riverdale they would of gotten there back sides handed to them! PERIOD! You could also say this about other teams from each and every state who are in the tougher regions. All this talk about this state and that state is talk and nothing but talk! Ohio in the 1980's had some incredible teams from the Cincy area and the Massolin areas! Those were some excellent teams. The south over all is a little ahead of the north because of conditioning. When Riverdale played Kilbourne in 2005 one of the coaches from another school up here was talking to me about that game and told me as the game unfolded he could not believe what he was seeing, I thought that was a small college team were his exact words! So in my opionion I feel some of the talk as far as this being superior football is not the case and I have seen lots of H.S. football. Also everyone is titled to their opinion but most of these thing no one will ever know because these so called better teams never play one another year in and year out. Also the HS polls I feel are politics and just plain crap. You cannot know how these teams are ranked because its not settled on the field! Alot of these polls are based on the past and the out come would be different if they paired these teams up at the end of the year each and every year.

These comments are total fan gush! Ohio does have some of the best talent that goes onto play d-1 college ball but I would hardly call these some of the best teams in the country as far as the high school level. 2006 Hilliard Davidson won the d-1 state title and in 2007 ST. X won the d-1 title. Some of the better teams in the south including Tenneessee would beat or could easiely play with these teams up here! If St. X played the 2004 version of Riverdale they would of gotten there back sides handed to them! PERIOD! You could also say this about other teams from each and every state who are in the tougher regions. All this talk about this state and that state is talk and nothing but talk! Ohio in the 1980's had some incredible teams from the Cincy area and the Massolin areas! Those were some excellent teams. The south over all is a little ahead of the north because of conditioning. When Riverdale played Kilbourne in 2005 one of the coaches from another school up here was talking to me about that game and told me as the game unfolded he could not believe what he was seeing, I thought that was a small college team were his exact words! So in my opionion I feel some of the talk as far as this being superior football is not the case and I have seen lots of H.S. football. Also everyone is titled to their opinion but most of these thing no one will ever know because these so called better teams never play one another year in and year out. Also the HS polls I feel are politics and just plain crap. You cannot know how these teams are ranked because its not settled on the field! Alot of these polls are based on the past and the out come would be different if they paired these teams up at the end of the year each and every year.

Fan gush? OK here is some fan Gush.

2008 last year Ohio had 15 (5-4 Star) recruits. TN had 4

2007 Ohio had 13 (5-4 Star) recruits. TN had 6

2006 Ohio had 18 (5-4 Star) recruits. TN had 5

2005 Ohio had 14 (5-4 Star) recruits. TN had 8

2004 Ohio had 8 (5-4 Star) recruits. TN had 3

I can add the 3-2 star recruits but it dose not get any better.

Listen I never wrote that Ohio has the best HS Football in the country. I don??™t feel they do. I have wrote on this and other threads that Florida, Texas, and California are better and put out more D1 recruits year in and year out. Are the Southern states HS football catching up? Yes. But it has nothing to do with conditions. It??™s been cold in the north and warm in the south for some time now. Look at the populations, they are growing in the south and falling in the north. That has more to do with it then anything.

This is not about Ohio HS football being better then TN HS football, as most people on this thread have stated they will not debate Ohio??™s better. But you feel and some other folks on here feel that Riverdale would have beaten Ohio??™s best in 2004. I say no.

2004 CINCINNATI COLERAIN (15-0) was the Ohio State Champs in D1. They were ranked #5 in the country. They beat Canton McKinley 50-10. Canton McKinley beat an Un-Real team in Cleveland Glenville. They are home to Troy Smith (Heisman trophy winner) and Ted Ginn JR that year. Pretty strong team. COLERAIN would have gotten there back sides handed to them? I say No. in fact I can name several teams in Ohio that year that Riverdale would not have beaten.

COLERAIN ??“ State Champs (15-0) 5th in the country

ST XAVIER ??“ 12-1 (lost to Moeller) Moeller lost to Colerain next round

CLEVELAND GLENVILLE ??“ Lost to McKinley in Simi Final 20-17 last sec. FG (What a game! I saw it an DVD a year ago)

YOUNGSTOWN, FITCH ??“ Beat by Glenville in Regional Quarter Final

CLEVELAND, ST IGNATIUS ??“ Beat by Glenville in Regional Final

Are you seeing a pattern here Glenville beat some un-real team in this regional

WARREN G HARDING: Was upset in the 1st round of the regional. They were Pre Season Ranked in the top 10 that year and was beat in their first game of the year by guess who? Glenville. Warren had a young man named Maurice Clarett. A strange guy he may have been but was a UN believable Running back.

I??™m not putting Canton McKinley on this list because they were pretty inconsistent in 2004. They had 3 loses in the regular season. But they sure did close out the year strong.

I will say again, Riverdale would not have beaten Ohio??™s best teams in 2004. There is not a snow balls chance in HE double hockey sticks, that Riverdale would have handed them their back sides. PERIOD!

This is only my opinion. Fan gush? Not true. I have stated some facts above that lead me to this opinion. Sure this is all talk. May be some day we could see a great match up from TN??™s Best and Ohio??™s best. We will get a good one this weekend. I??™m sure it could lead to some very good debates. MBA @ Moeller should be a nice game.

Listen I never wrote that Ohio has the best HS Football in the country. I don??™t feel they do. I have wrote on this and other threads that Florida, Texas, and California are better and put out more D1 recruits year in and year out. Are the Southern states HS football catching up? Yes. But it has nothing to do with conditions. It??™s been cold in the north and warm in the south for some time now. Look at the populations, they are growing in the south and falling in the north. That has more to do with it then anything.

This is not about Ohio HS football being better then TN HS football, as most people on this thread have stated they will not debate Ohio??™s better. But you feel and some other folks on here feel that Riverdale would have beaten Ohio??™s best in 2004. I say no.

2004 CINCINNATI COLERAIN (15-0) was the Ohio State Champs in D1. They were ranked #5 in the country. They beat Canton McKinley 50-10. Canton McKinley beat an Un-Real team in Cleveland Glenville. They are home to Troy Smith (Heisman trophy winner) and Ted Ginn JR that year. Pretty strong team. COLERAIN would have gotten there back sides handed to them? I say No. in fact I can name several teams in Ohio that year that Riverdale would not have beaten.

CLEVELAND GLENVILLE ??“ Lost to McKinley in Simi Final 20-17 last sec. FG (What a game! I saw it an DVD a year ago)

WARREN G HARDING: Was upset in the 1st round of the regional. They were Pre Season Ranked in the top 10 that year and was beat in their first game of the year by guess who? Glenville. Warren had a young man named Maurice Clarett. A strange guy he may have been but was a UN believable Running back.

I??™m not putting Canton McKinley on this list because they were pretty inconsistent in 2004. They had 3 loses in the regular season. But they sure did close out the year strong.

I will say again, Riverdale would not have beaten Ohio??™s best teams in 2004. There is not a snow balls chance in HE double hockey sticks, that Riverdale would have handed them their back sides. PERIOD!

This is only my opinion. Fan gush? Not true. I have stated some facts above that lead me to this opinion. Sure this is all talk. May be some day we could see a great match up from TN??™s Best and Ohio??™s best. We will get a good one this weekend. I??™m sure it could lead to some very good debates. MBA @ Moeller should be a nice game.

I tell you what, Bulldog, we will just have to agree to disagree. There is no way Riverdale would have lost to all of those teams. I think the only team Riverdale could not have handled would have been that Colerain team. I really believe they would have been even with St. X that year. Riverdale would have been 4-2, maybe even 5-1, against those six teams you listed. We will never know......

We can concentrate on this year, though. Prattville is coming to town to take on St. X at the Herbie Classic. Let's see how that game goes and then we can watch Brentwood Academy take on Prattville at their place. Although, I think that Vestavia Hills will be the best team in Alabama this year. So, maybe later this year we can debate some more. I think BA is the team to beat this year in Tennessee. I would love to see MBA beat Moeller, but I'm just not feeling it. I hope I am wrong.

BTW, is Luke Massa going to play this weekend? St. X will need him against the Lions.

Your points about the superiority of Ohio high school football are very well documented, however it is an opinion. As for your spelling of dose....it is does. Dose is someting we southerners take to get rid of the worms.

I tell you what, Bulldog, we will just have to agree to disagree. There is no way Riverdale would have lost to all of those teams. I think the only team Riverdale could not have handled would have been that Colerain team. I really believe they would have been even with St. X that year. Riverdale would have been 4-2, maybe even 5-1, against those six teams you listed. We will never know......

We can concentrate on this year, though. Prattville is coming to town to take on St. X at the Herbie Classic. Let's see how that game goes and then we can watch Brentwood Academy take on Prattville at their place. Although, I think that Vestavia Hills will be the best team in Alabama this year. So, maybe later this year we can debate some more. I think BA is the team to beat this year in Tennessee. I would love to see MBA beat Moeller, but I'm just not feeling it. I hope I am wrong.

BTW, is Luke Massa going to play this weekend? St. X will need him against the Lions.

My point of the thread above is that St. X and Colerain were not the best teams in Ohio. Glenville was "stout" that year. All 3 would have beat Riverdale. Well, you have your opinions and I can respect them. BLUERAIDERFAN however, wants to joust with me on every comment. Never with any relevant info. Just things like typos and how he is/was a superior athlete to me. That my knowledge of hydration is inferior to his. Things of which he has know idea about me. Keep pointing out those typo's. I'm sure you'll find a few more. BTW, to answer a question in a earlier thread, I have been in the South for 8 years now. I came down a year after graduating from Michigan. I love it, I love (most of) the people and without question I love the weather. I guess you'll have something smart and witty to say about that. I'll be waiting

Yea, St. X may be in trouble there. They are coming off a lost in week 1 to Colerain. The Game was not as close as the score in that one. My Dad sent me a DVD of the game and Colerain dominated them on both sides of the ball. When Colerain needed to make a play, they did. They looked good.

I think your right about BA this year. But BA has been less then dominate early. They played a rebuilding Independence team last week and I was thinking it would be ugly but it was closer then I though. Also they did not play well in a few scrimmages. I know they were scrimmages but they can be telling some times.

I don't know about Luke Massa. I let you know if I see or hear somthing.