6-5A predicitions in TENNESSEAN - agree or disagree- your picks

overseascoach

believe me... everyone has their favorite QB. however, Nichols has established himself and the thing i like most about him is that A. he has a great QB body frame about 6'2 or 6'3 around 185 to 190 B. his experience under the center is going on 2 1/2 years C. he is very smart and can put Franklin in good situations. you cant put a price on the QB's knowledge and experience.

Chaze Scales should be very exciting to watch with the Cent. offense. I still think though Nichols has a slight edge over him just due to experience and knowledge. this region should put out some very good talent this year all the way around.

Actually Chaz Scales might have a little more experience in the fact he will be a 3 year starter and he even played some his freshmen year (I believe) on the varsity squad and not to mention he is the fastest person in the region- bar none! But I will be the first to say that Nichols is the better pure QB by far. It's just the athlete factor kicks in with Scales putting him over the bar.

sleeper love ya but what is the deal here with Nick Smith are you his dad or something or his peewee QB caoch-- remember memphis East

nope, just a fan of the game

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Chaz Scales might have a little more experience in the fact he will be a 3 year starter and he even played some his freshmen year (I believe) on the varsity squad and not to mention he is the fastest person in the region- bar none! But I will be the first to say that Nichols is the better pure QB by far. It's just the athlete factor kicks in with Scales putting him over the bar.

Scales will be entering his 4th year as starting QB. He took over week 4 his freshman year when Capris Longmire was injured and Dane Baron was moved to wideout.

ok yes brentwood is favored, but the brentwood players are not thinking about that four two reasons. First Brentwood high school has never lost to any type of centennial football team that includes varsity, jv, and freshman. THe bruin players each give pride in this and know that any former player that get a word of them loosing to chs they will get alot of beef. Second this is the year that everyone has been saying that chs actually has a chance against and to get there revenge on the beatings and the last scond fumble lost in 2003. So look for brentwood to come out early hitting hard and taking control of this game

Scales will be entering his 4th year as starting QB. He took over week 4 his freshman year when Capris Longmire was injured and Dane Baron was moved to wideout.

So as far as experience there is no one with more than Scales. Centennial won't upset Brentwood but it will be a close game. Should be interesting.

Everyone knows that the offensive line has been the achilles heel for the Cougars the past couple years. However, looking at the roster, the line will be the epicenter of the Cougars success in the future:

Orlando McCroskey 6'0 283....Sophomore

Evan Proctor 6'0 330.....Sophomore

Dylan Hellewell 6'5 293.....Junior

Steven Fobes 6'0 245....Freshman

All of those guys huge, and still growing. And alot more guys on the team have some good size

As for this year, they have senior guys like Sylvester "Big J" Baines (6'0 290), Alex Chambers (6'1 252), and Daniel Cremin (6'1 245). Add the 6'7 250 Drew Kelly as a blocking TE and the Cougars add suddenly Scales, TK, and Raymond have ALOT more room to make a play.

Everyone knows that the offensive line has been the achilles heel for the Cougars the past couple years. However, looking at the roster, the line will be the epicenter of the Cougars success in the future:

Orlando McCroskey 6'0 283....Sophomore

Evan Proctor 6'0 330.....Sophomore

Dylan Hellewell 6'5 293.....Junior

Steven Fobes 6'0 245....Freshman

All of those guys huge, and still growing. And alot more guys on the team have some good size

As for this year, they have senior guys like Sylvester "Big J" Baines (6'0 290), Alex Chambers (6'1 252), and Daniel Cremin (6'1 245). Add the 6'7 250 Drew Kelly as a blocking TE and the Cougars add suddenly Scales, TK, and Raymond have ALOT more room to make a play.

okay yes they have size but i can pan down almost any roster and find big kids and size on the team, does all that size have talent and can they block should be the big question - look at ravenwood and Indy the last 2 teams to appera in the state championship game they were very undersized up front

nope, just a fan of the game

Well 2 1/2 years starting quarterback which is pretty close to 3 years for Nichols and 3 straight years playoff experience... last year going to quarterfinals. I am not so sure Scales at CHS has had any playoff experience. thats if we are talking specifics on experience. Your right though athleticism defiantely goes to Scales, but athleticism cant always produce wins without brains to use it. Oh last year at Hunter's Lane Nichols had, I cant remember exactly, but two or three rushing touchdowns each over 25 yards.

What kills me is the Tennessean used to do a writeup on every team that was the size of their 5A writeup today. They need to get back to their roots and stop talking about that goofy orange and white team to the east.

Absolutely true. The out-of-town corporate ownership has hurt HS coverage (and the problem is they own all the newspapers in Nashville's satellite counties too).

Absolutely true. The out-of-town corporate ownership has hurt HS coverage (and the problem is they own all the newspapers in Nashville's satellite counties too).

tennessean- YES VERY VERY SAD that they spend so little on high school sport previews considering the loyal fan support that is rabid in middle tennessee this time of year -

okay yes they have size but i can pan down almost any roster and find big kids and size on the team, does all that size have talent and can they block should be the big question - look at ravenwood and Indy the last 2 teams to appera in the state championship game they were very undersized up front

True. But when you consider the weakness of the line the past three seasons, alot of had to do with being undersized. No disrespect to our guys the past few years because they did bring alot of intensity and grit every week, but when you have a 5'10 185 tackle facing a 6'3 245 DE, that end is going to break through more often than not. And yes, it still comes down to executing blocks and moving the pocket, and thats where some of this youth might hurt CHS off the bat. But as these big guys start getting some more experience and perfecting their skill, 2 years from now we may be talking about the CHS O-Line the way we are talking about BHS's this year.