THE MCKENZIE REBELS

Butchie

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Just Thought It Would Be Cool To Say Your Wrong, Ole Swammy. LOL But Huntingdon Plays 1A All The Way. Is What I Meant To Say.

At my age who knows what might pop up in my feeble mind!? Guess we'll find out how it works next season huh!? Mess with me and I'll have bigster send Granny over here to set you straight!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

At my age who knows what might pop up in my feeble mind!? Guess we'll find out how it works next season huh!? Mess with me and I'll have bigster send Granny over here to set you straight!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Dang Duck? I Thought We Was Tight.

I am so glad that the McKenzie Rebels won't have to play 'little' schools like Gleason and Greenfield. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now the Bulldogs and Yellowjackets will get a taste of the little school Huntingdon Mustangs. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am so glad that the McKenzie Rebels won't have to play 'little' schools like Gleason and Greenfield. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now the Bulldogs and Yellowjackets will get a taste of the little school Huntingdon Mustangs. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Huntingdon is likely going to be in the same 1A-Class 2A as us...but the thing is, while schools like Gleason and Greenfield won't likely be putting us on their schedules next year, we'll likely be having to play schools like Milan and Westview again....which if you really read into that Z plan and how the politics of the TSSAA work, it could really hurt us come playoff time.

Dang Duck? I Thought We Was Tight.

You ain't foolin' anybody. We know how much you like Granny!!!

And going to watch someone else play on the Rebels/Falcons Friday night????????? That calls for at least 5 days lockup (not to be served on weekends except you will be carried to the Rebels game on Friday night in a red jumpsuit and chains!) and community service I'm pretty sure!!! I'll call the mayor in a little bit and see. May have to talk to Coop on this one!!!??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Mav,

Even though we will go to the playoffs in AA we will still be playing in A during the regular season. Only most likely against different opponents. In all likelyhood we won't be seeing Gleason and Greenfield for starters again we will still be in class A with Huntingdon and some others.

But, when the playoffs come we will be moving up to AA against teams who's strength we are not recently used to competing against and that is gonna be tough untill we adjust. Look for our non-district games to be against some hosses and it may not be fun for a while.

I kinda like class A 'cause it's a lot friendlier down here with a very few exceptions. I've gotten to know some pretty fine folks in class A. There are some in AA too but, not as common.

As for the comparison, Gleason and Lake Co. could probably both play with Huntingdon this season so that may not be such a shock to them untill the Mustangs rebound. But, Huntingdon won't be in their district either and go to AA in the playoffs so that won't be a factor to them.

I guess all in all I just plain don't like the Z plan!!! I do like the Division 1 and 2 system to separate the privates that assist or recruit!!! And we had some dang good football under the old 3A system too but, that will never happen again.

IMO, TSSAA spends too much time trying to make it easier (under the guise of fairer) and football is not supposed to be an "easy" sport. Maybe I'm not seeing things like the rest of the world. I don't know. When I played we didn't have classes we had conferences but all of us (teams) were in one pot!! No tiny school, little school, medium school, big school, huge school classes. We were all in the same boat. We had bowl games not playoffs. And if you finished in the top 25 in the state you had done something special. One of the years I was a starter we finished 14th in the state and I was and still am proud to have been a member of that team. Gleason finished 22nd (I think it was) that same season and they were a fine bunch as well. Gleason still celebrates and honors that team as well they should.

Likely, I'll draw some shots from some of the ones who don't think the same and so be it. McKenzie and Gleason both were under 2500 population that year so..........! Little guys don't always finish last.

Mav, I know you remember that season........'63.