Oak Ridge Forecast

Ole Dad

Is Jesse Smithey setting the table with his two articles of excuses for the tough year Oak Ridge is apparently headed for? I have attached them both for your viewing pleasure. I was under the impression that Oak Ridge was loaded and could win it all this year, but if you read these latest articles I get the impression that a set up job is underway by Smithey.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/aug/13/s...f-heavyweights/

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/aug/15/not-dream-world/

Ole Dad

Either way, all Oak Ridge fans can listen to the games on Prepradio.com and in Oak Ridge on Comcast Channel 15.

Since the radio tower is still not fixed, this is the only way to listen to the games so please spread the word. Also please drop a line or do your business at the sponsors listed on the site because they are the reason that Oak Ridge games will be broadcast this season.

Either way, all Oak Ridge fans can listen to the games on Prepradio.com and in Oak Ridge on Comcast Channel 15.

Since the radio tower is still not fixed, this is the only way to listen to the games so please spread the word. Also please drop a line or do your business at the sponsors listed on the site because they are the reason that Oak Ridge games will be broadcast this season.

I wish that the business people in Oak Ridge would heed this request and provide the $$$ to get WATO back on the air, it is regrettable that a town this size does not have a radio station anymore. I would suggest they move the station and new towers to a high point on the ridge, perhaps where the CATV Towers are and move over to FM. The guys that announce the ORHS Football games do a terrific job and we have fans all over East Tennessee that would like to hear the games. You can hear Farragut, Jefferson County and a host of other schools all over East Tennessee since they have FM Stations to broadcast their games.

Is Jesse Smithey setting the table with his two articles of excuses for the tough year Oak Ridge is apparently headed for? I have attached them both for your viewing pleasure. I was under the impression that Oak Ridge was loaded and could win it all this year, but if you read these latest articles I get the impression that a set up job is underway by Smithey.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/aug/13/s...f-heavyweights/

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/aug/15/not-dream-world/

Ole Dad

The articles by Mr. Smithey were total garbage and seem to paint Oak Ridge as a racist community, which it is definately not. The reported racist phone calls to the coach by a few hotheads do not represent our town's views on race. Our schools have been integrated since 1954 and we have had black coaches and players here that have been a very key ingrediant to the success of all our athletic programs. All the coaches that have coached here have felt the pressure to win and at time people have wanted to make a change and at some times they have. This is not about race, it is about the quality of the program that has been one of the best in Tennessee for the last 50 years, it is about participation, discipline, blocking and tackling, and yes, winning and losing. If these qualities are not in the program, then the change will and should be made based on that, not race. This team is headed for a tough season, unless they pick up the pace during the regular season above what they have shown in scrimmages, the teams on their schedule are all good, even some that haven't been look improved for this year. This is a deciding year for this program, if the results are not good, then I would expect the powers to be in town to make a change.

Where is Johnny Pirkle when you need him?

Ole Dad

I wish that the business people in Oak Ridge would heed this request and provide the $$$ to get WATO back on the air, it is regrettable that a town this size does not have a radio station anymore. I would suggest they move the station and new towers to a high point on the ridge, perhaps where the CATV Towers are and move over to FM. The guys that announce the ORHS Football games do a terrific job and we have fans all over East Tennessee that would like to hear the games. You can hear Farragut, Jefferson County and a host of other schools all over East Tennessee since they have FM Stations to broadcast their games.

The school sysytem should purchase WATO and have the business classes, marketing classes and the TV/Radio classes operate it as a viable business operation. That would give them some real life experience and fill a need in the community.

Ole Dad

Where is Johnny Pirkle when you need him?

Ole Dad

WATO needs to get back up and running. That is a great station and great programs. AS for the press that Oak Ridge has gotten during the offseason.....any press in normally good press. But i am not so sure this time. Why not talk about the development of the players during the offseason instead of racial phone calls. The tough schedule article was all true by the way. The Cats have a tough schedule but what is new........ There are no excuses They have had the same amount of time as Fulton its time to put up or shut up. Either way with Region 2-5A will be a region up for grabs among every team.....

Horne Radio is "just" asking $50,000.00 for the the station. And considering it won't half work, they think that's a bargin.

Maybe the school should buy it and let DCCATVOICE run it and teach the kids how to do an class act on the radio!!!

As you can see I'm back from Bristol... Go Kyle Bush wreck somebody!