Best fans/Student section

Rankinated2010

I'm just gonna tell you exactly what I think of that.. dumb. No reason to act stupid. Looks dumb, and is completely un needed. If u have to clap and say too hype to get hyped.. there is a problem. i call this one an epic fail.

[/quote

Well obviously it does help us get hype , and what does your team do? obviously not enough to win 4 straight state championships...........

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously it does help us get hype , and what does your team do? obviously not enough to win 4 straight state championships...........

yup you are right, but I think Farragut plays some tougher teams than Alcoa does in 2A. Is Alcoa only good at football? Here at Farragut we are generally good at everything. alcoa has 11 state championships.. 9 in football, 2 in basketball, the basketball came in 1967, 1959.. Since 2000, Farragut has won 12 championships.. In none of those did the teams act like fools, before a game trying to "get hype".. so in 8 years thats more than Alcoa has ever won. honestly, though, if you are Alcoa and winning 4 straight championships, you shouldn't have to look like fools to get hyped. In that video, they look like fools, I garauntee I am not the only who thinks this. I am just the only one who will tell you. The opposing team probably laughs at you guys, then gets beat, but i know i'd laugh at it whether my team won or lost. Farragut does some stupid thing as well. When I was there, none of the students even liked it. It was just to get the footballe team "hyped", just go to a game and u'll see what I am talking about. They look like fools just as much as Alcoa does.

yup you are right, but I think Farragut plays some tougher teams than Alcoa does in 2A. Is Alcoa only good at football? Here at Farragut we are generally good at everything. alcoa has 11 state championships.. 9 in football, 2 in basketball, the basketball came in 1967, 1959.. Since 2000, Farragut has won 12 championships.. In none of those did the teams act like fools, before a game trying to "get hype".. so in 8 years thats more than Alcoa has ever won. honestly, though, if you are Alcoa and winning 4 straight championships, you shouldn't have to look like fools to get hyped. In that video, they look like fools, I garauntee I am not the only who thinks this. I am just the only one who will tell you. The opposing team probably laughs at you guys, then gets beat, but i know i'd laugh at it whether my team won or lost. Farragut does some stupid thing as well. When I was there, none of the students even liked it. It was just to get the footballe team "hyped", just go to a game and u'll see what I am talking about. They look like fools just as much as Alcoa does.

Ok well i respect your opinion , i just hope you understand that the reason we do these things is pure school spirit , and pride , At a small school like alcoa ( less than 500 students) football is all we got to look forward to , im not sure of Beardens enrollment but im sure its a few more than 500

I guess i understand where you're getting that, but please refrain from calling players that play for Gary Rankin fools, because calling the players fools is like calling him a fool...Rankin is probably the classiest person (on and off the field) i have ever met. I agree, the Tornadoes could do something more normal to get hyped, but it doesn't make them fools.

If he is the classiest person, I would think he would try and make his players act the same way. Unless he is in a situation where he lets them do whatever, simply because they are winning and making him look good. To me it doesn't make him look classy when he apparently has no problem with them acting the way they do.

Apparently you havent got to meet with him personally. Him and GQ are two of the classiest people ive ever met. And i assure you , if u ever get the chance to meet with Coach Rankin , when u sit down , and see those 7 gold rings on his fingers , you will start to see the class already /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />