New Era for South Fulton

DevilDad44

South Fulton did exactly what it needed to do Friday night. They won a region game. Hasn't been done since the seniors were freshmen. It's a huge monkey off the coachs, players and fans back. It's not easy to learn how to win. The biggest challenge Spivey faced coming to SF was teaching the boys to believe they can win. This team is going to continue to get better and better.

Coach Spivey gave the boys a B+ for their offense and C- for their defense. I'd say that is accurate. The defense didn't look as sharp as it did at Waverly but the offense looked better. Devils117, I thought the game was far from sloppy. Only two penalties, one fumble. It was a pretty good first game.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Fulton did exactly what it needed to do Friday night. They won a region game. Hasn't been done since the seniors were freshmen. It's a huge monkey off the coachs, players and fans back. It's not easy to learn how to win. The biggest challenge Spivey faced coming to SF was teaching the boys to believe they can win. This team is going to continue to get better and better.

Coach Spivey gave the boys a B+ for their offense and C- for their defense. I'd say that is accurate. The defense didn't look as sharp as it did at Waverly but the offense looked better. Devils117, I thought the game was far from sloppy. Only two penalties, one fumble. It was a pretty good first game.

I might have gone overboard with the very sloppy, but in my opinion from an X's and O's standpoint there were many missed blocks and missed assignments. The offense did look better but isn't were it needs to be. Am I being to hard on the boys and wanting to see to much? Maybe. I'm just saying that if we are going to compete with the UC's, McKenzies, Greenfields, Gleasons, and LC's we are going to have to get better execution on offense and just a better defense overall.

I will say though that the 2nd half was alot better than the 1st. It could have been the fact that it was the first game and, I heard a rumor that two of the boys were in a car wreck before the game that could have distracted the boys. I have no clue the that rumor is for sure. I just heard that two of the boys were in a car wreck.

I am happy that they won though and look forward to this Friday night.

Well You have Definately Started Something. Any Post About South Fulton Over The Past Few Years Hasn't Been This Long. Me And The Duck, Devil Alumni, Redmanparent, And Unioncitydiditagain, And Purple And Gold Have Been Keeping The Lights On For All The Rest Of You South Fulton Posters. So Yeah, Glad To See Some Life On These Boards In A Positive Way For South Fulton. And Cudo's On The Win. I Don't Care If It's Against The Lunch Room Ladies, It's A Win Dad Burn It. And I'm Excited... Go RedDevils.

Any winning tradition has ALWAYS started with 1 win. We are taking it 1 game at a time, and until SF loses a regional game I will continue to call it as it is! This coaching staff and this team are for real. Will we win every game? No. Will we win state? No. Will we make the playoffs? I beleive, the coaches believe, the fans believe, and you will too at the end of the season. Am I steping out on a limb? Yep. Time will tell /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I don't want to be mean but from watchin the "Highlight Film", South Fulton just knows how to find some VERY lucky breaks. I don't see this team makin if to the play-offs. I would take Greenfield and Gleason well before i would take South Fulton. Just keep workin. Maybe one day.

I don't want to be mean but from watchin the "Highlight Film", South Fulton just knows how to find some VERY lucky breaks. I don't see this team makin if to the play-offs. I would take Greenfield and Gleason well before i would take South Fulton. Just keep workin. Maybe one day.

The one Lucky play was when Avent fumbled the ball and picked up it and still ran for a touchdown. Everything they got on offense was deserved. Especially in the 2nd half. The offensive line completely dominated. Like I said a few posts back, if the defense plays like its capable of this team is going to be interesting to watch. I'm not in any way saying the SF Red Devils are going to go 10-0 or 9-1, but the way the offense has been, how good the offensive line is, and how good the defense looked in the scrimmages and Jamboree this team would not surprise me if they went 7-3 or 6-4. In this region 6-4 could get you into the playoffs.

Well You have Definately Started Something. Any Post About South Fulton Over The Past Few Years Hasn't Been This Long. Me And The Duck, Devil Alumni, Redmanparent, And Unioncitydiditagain, And Purple And Gold Have Been Keeping The Lights On For All The Rest Of You South Fulton Posters. So Yeah, Glad To See Some Life On These Boards In A Positive Way For South Fulton. And Cudo's On The Win. I Don't Care If It's Against The Lunch Room Ladies, It's A Win Dad Burn It. And I'm Excited... Go RedDevils.

Thanks Butchie! We did it again with a win over Ballard County 20-14. Ballard County beat themselves with penalties and turnovers, but the SF boys played their hearts out. They will have to improve their game to win many more. They have it in them and the fans believe in them. The rushing leader from last week did not play this week, so our offensive yardage was a little more difficult to come by. The jr Fowler really had a great game as did Cherry, and Hawks. I'm proud of the entire team and like you said...a win is a win. We will have another non region game next week against Fulton City KY. This will be a close game! Good luck to all reigion 7 teams this week!

The one Lucky play was when Avent fumbled the ball and picked up it and still ran for a touchdown. Everything they got on offense was deserved. Especially in the 2nd half. The offensive line completely dominated. Like I said a few posts back, if the defense plays like its capable of this team is going to be interesting to watch. I'm not in any way saying the SF Red Devils are going to go 10-0 or 9-1, but the way the offense has been, how good the offensive line is, and how good the defense looked in the scrimmages and Jamboree this team would not surprise me if they went 7-3 or 6-4. In this region 6-4 could get you into the playoffs.

I agree with evrything you have said. The problem is we have been off the grid for so long most other teams are not going to take us seriously. That's ok with me. If they continue to take us lightly we can win alot more games this year. As far as luck goes, we are making our own luck by playing hard, hitting hard, not making penalties (thats the big one), and never giving up on the play. They call it luck, I call it discipline, heart and the coaches and players believing in each other. I believe....do you?

Congrats Devils on the exciting W last night. The game came down to the last 40 secs and yall never gave up.Ballard was definitely alot better than they were last year and alot better than WC was. Their passing game was very suprising and #7 was a very solid rb. Honestly they were running the ball quite well the entire game but on the last drive i beleive they kinda went into panic mode and tried to throw the ball more than they should have.

Next week should be interesting with the Annual Border War with Fulton City. I think they beat West Carroll last

night 28-14. Should be another nail-biter.

Good luck Devils and keep up the hard work.

ONE GAME AT A TIME!

Thanks Butchie! We did it again with a win over Ballard County 20-14. Ballard County beat themselves with penalties and turnovers, but the SF boys played their hearts out. They will have to improve their game to win many more. They have it in them and the fans believe in them. The rushing leader from last week did not play this week, so our offensive yardage was a little more difficult to come by. The jr Fowler really had a great game as did Cherry, and Hawks. I'm proud of the entire team and like you said...a win is a win. We will have another non region game next week against Fulton City KY. This will be a close game! Good luck to all reigion 7 teams this week!

I'm wondering...The rushing leader from the West Carroll game,i'm guessing Avent??...Why didn't he play??...Injury??...Will he back against Fulton City??..Good Luck against the Bulldogs,your team should be well motivated to play them,for sure....

We have won TWO IN A ROW!!!!! I an so excited about our boys. Now the cold hard truth...Ballard lost the game, we didn't win it. We played awful the entire game. Our defense was terrible and our offense wasn't much better. The only redeeming thing about the game was that the boys never quit. They knew they were playing badly but just never gave up. They won the game because of heart. Hopefully they have this out of their system now and next week they will be back to playing at the level I know they are capable of playing. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!