New Era for South Fulton

DevilDad44

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-0 We are now the ONLY unbeaten team in our region! We are still getting little respect from the rest of the region and like I said in the begining of the year that is fantastic. The rest of the region is worried about McKenzie, Union City, and some about Greenfield. I guess the reason we get no respect is that the two region games were against teams that are having a "rebuilding" year. But wait! If my memory serves me correctly South Fulton was picked to finish last in the region by just about every one. Well thats ok with me, cause we are taking this season one game at a time and we are improving drastically with every game. I'm not saying we are the most tallented team in the region, but we have the confidence, the best coaching, and players with more heart and confidence than anyone in the region. At least for one week we can hold the claim to the only unbeaten team in our region.

GO RED DEVILS

4-0 We are now the ONLY unbeaten team in our region! We are still getting little respect from the rest of the region and like I said in the begining of the year that is fantastic. The rest of the region is worried about McKenzie, Union City, and some about Greenfield. I guess the reason we get no respect is that the two region games were against teams that are having a "rebuilding" year. But wait! If my memory serves me correctly South Fulton was picked to finish last in the region by just about every one. Well thats ok with me, cause we are taking this season one game at a time and we are improving drastically with every game. I'm not saying we are the most tallented team in the region, but we have the confidence, the best coaching, and players with more heart and confidence than anyone in the region. At least for one week we can hold the claim to the only unbeaten team in our region.

GO RED DEVILS

I you will recall, earlier this week on one of ya'lls threads I posted that this week would be a "coming out" week for SF where the rest of us would know just what was going on in SF. Ya'll are "out from under radar" now!! Many of us have hung with you guys thru some pretty thin seasons lately encouraging ya'll. Now ya'll have a good coach (one of out home boys!) and kids that are responding to him. Congrats!!

Trust me, ya'll aren't overlooked or taken for granted anymore. Ya'll just haven't run into anyone that can play with you yet. It will come to be. Good luck none the less Red Devils. Ya'll have turned the corner again.

Duck i agree with you. I really dont think anyone from this point out will be coming into a game with SF to overlook them. If anyone else follows some kentucky football also they could see what we have managed also.

Ballard Co beat Fulton co 52-7 last night. Ballard gave perrenial powerhouse Mayfield all they wanted and Mayfield barely squeeked out the win by very few points. While Mayfield, last night, was winning in their game with cross-town rival Graves Co, which is a 4A school i belive, at one point 12-0 but couldnt keep it goin and went on to lose 29-12.

Some would say we play a weak non region schedule because they dont know much about the teams and that they arent very good year in and year out. I beleive this year it has fit us very well and have benefited from them.

We have also done very well in playing mistake free football. Not many penalties and havent turned the ball over much in these first 4 games. If we can continue to do what we have been and stay injury free and continue to strive to get better, I am pretty confident to say we will be giving all the other teams a run for their money at the Region 7A Title.Its been a while since that has been done by SF but the way its going it is Very possible.

For the team's achievements against Bruceton and on the year, Coach Spivey on Monday, was named the Tennessee Titans Tennessee High School Coach of the week:

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_....php?PRKey=6093

Awesome job. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Impressive! If i'm not mistaken this is coach Spivey's first head coach job and hist first 4 games are a win. If they win this week they would have matched the last three years win totals combined. Congratulations to the coach and the entire team!

Well O.K. we were not listed on coach t as having a game this week but we had another non region game this week against Fulton County KY. South Fulton dominated the entire game with outstanding Offense and the Defense was awesome. Final score 54-18 We are now 5-0 and the season starts now! We have Greenfield this Friday.

GO RED DEVILS

Well O.K. we were not listed on coach t as having a game this week but we had another non region game this week against Fulton County KY. South Fulton dominated the entire game with outstanding Offense and the Defense was awesome. Final score 54-18 We are now 5-0 and the season starts now! We have Greenfield this Friday.

GO RED DEVILS

Congrats on the win...You are very correct on the season starts now...The pre-lims are over with...

**People can talk ALL they want about SF not having the strongest first five games...Let me remind those folks that this program had won 1 game on the field the last two years...These guys winning 5 in a season would have been a tremendous improvement...To win 5 of 5 is almost unbelievable...Looks like the folks that hire coaches in Obion County might have gotten one right in this instance**