Halls @ Sevier County

You think so SCHSfan? I would be shocked if we could just line up and run the ball only with any amount of success without the benefit of a good passing attack. I thought last night that we were actually pretty balanced between the pass and the run and I believe that's what it will take again. In fact, I thought the coaches did a good job of using both the run and pass to set up specific plays which resulted in rushing and passing TD's because of that balance. History has proven that Halls will have their usual stout defense (especially against the run) so I believe we are actually going to have to pass consistently to keep them from putting 8 in the box and really clogging the running lanes. Also hearing from various Halls fans their line is their strength and their secondary is the weakest part of their defense due to injuries and youth. I believe that getting into a grinding out game with Halls plays right into thier hands because it is a style they excell at.

well, considering the inexperience at quarterback and the injuries at receiver, i was thinkin that tyler thomas' ability will be utilized to it's full potential.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fsu

Who are the two WR injuries? I know one is Aaron Pippen but I am not sure who the other is (Charlie Fields perhaps?). By the way, I didn't see Alex Pate anywhere last night, is he still on the team?

i dont think alex pate is stiil a part of the team. he had terrible problems with discipline last year and i think he is going to transfer from sevier county during this schhol year. i heard a rumor that he may transfer to maryville

Yes Charlie Fields is the other one.. And another one is a player I have yet to see #26 Josh Johnson but hear he is fairly quick with good hands.. But yet to see for myself, So I will wait to actually call him a third receiver.. But Aaron will be a huge help to there passing game.. And Charlie Fields has great potential for playmaking in punt returns and kick returns if he is smarter on his decisions to take off with it.. Instead of making everyone hold there breath..The player i was most impressed with was WR #24 made some noise.. I think it is Bryant Gilson.. I did'nt get a program at Willy B.. So correct me if I am wrong.. As for Alex Pate.. He got in a little trouble over the summer. And was told from my understanding that he will not be with the team this year.. But will be back next year if he can get himself together.. Wonderful player too, I hated to hear that but if it helps him then it will be worth it.. I hate to see young kids get off track of growing up. I think it will help him..

SCbear === If you find out about Aaron Pippin and Charlie Fields injurys please let me know..

i have also heard that charlie fields is out for the season

It's my understanding that Charlie Fields is out for the season with a back injury. Alex Pate is definately off the team. Losing Charlie hurts the team because he was a playmaker. Pate had a major attitude problem, it is a shame that he got himself tossed off the team.

SC will be gunning for Halls. I predict SC over Halls by 10.

It's my understanding that Charlie Fields is out for the season with a back injury. Alex Pate is definately off the team. Losing Charlie hurts the team because he was a playmaker. Pate had a major attitude problem, it is a shame that he got himself tossed off the team.

SC will be gunning for Halls. I predict SC over Halls by 10.

It is ashame he got tossed.. But it was probably best for the Bears that it did..They need leadership and they do seem to be on a mission so far..Charlie will be missed and he was a big play maker.. Hopefully he will get better soon..

Yes Charlie Fields is the other one.. And another one is a player I have yet to see #26 Josh Johnson but hear he is fairly quick with good hands.. But yet to see for myself, So I will wait to actually call him a third receiver.. But Aaron will be a huge help to there passing game.. And Charlie Fields has great potential for playmaking in punt returns and kick returns if he is smarter on his decisions to take off with it.. Instead of making everyone hold there breath..The player i was most impressed with was WR #24 made some noise.. I think it is Bryant Gilson.. I did'nt get a program at Willy B.. So correct me if I am wrong.. As for Alex Pate.. He got in a little trouble over the summer. And was told from my understanding that he will not be with the team this year.. But will be back next year if he can get himself together.. Wonderful player too, I hated to hear that but if it helps him then it will be worth it.. I hate to see young kids get off track of growing up. I think it will help him..

SCbear === If you find out about Aaron Pippin and Charlie Fields injurys please let me know..

That is a real shame about Alex. Hopefully he will get his act together and not be another shortsighted youth who ends up wasting a rare opportunity to help himself. I don't know the extent of Aaron's injury but hopefully it is not too serious as his speed would be a major boost to the receiving corps. Just read where Charlie's injury is apparently season ending. That does hurt our return game as that is a weak spot of ours so far. On the other hand though, after reading about all of the injuries sustained by Halls and WB I guess we could definitely be in a lot worse shape.

Did anyone see our practice (Halls) tonight? I know it was Fresh./JV night. but I was wondering if any of our recuevers were practing. What about BJ (#2) and Bright (#37). I'm assuming that Turner is out for Friday, but I have confidence that Dowdey will step in and do a fine job. I'm not sure we will have as much success running the ball against SC's big and strong DL. Thus, it would be nice if a few of our receivers got healthy this week.

I played 4 SC last year... 1 of the class of 08 that must live with that dreaded record 4ever.... but i believe SC should win... if the recieving corps of halls is down then SC should have the advantage....SC has a large Dline that is fairly good and fast LB's that can fill in the gaps... Offensively the pass game is growing and learning(still to many droped passes) and the run game is fairly established.... and also in my opinion the loss of Alex actually should help the team... He was never focused and pay no attention in games or practice... Charlie is an average return man... he is 2 unpredictable and isnt quickminded... Im predicting a SC win but good luck halls

SC 24

Halls 14

Did anyone see our practice (Halls) tonight? I know it was Fresh./JV night. but I was wondering if any of our recuevers were practing. What about BJ (#2) and Bright (#37). I'm assuming that Turner is out for Friday, but I have confidence that Dowdey will step in and do a fine job. I'm not sure we will have as much success running the ball against SC's big and strong DL. Thus, it would be nice if a few of our receivers got healthy this week.

Dowdy seems to be the best passing QB of the two. Turner has the most experience and perhaps runs the offense the best he will be missed the most not only on offense but as a Defensive back. I'm wanting BJ back to help in the secondary I hope Seiver Co. doesn't have a passing game this year. Didn't Helton graduate last year?

We have to do better running the ball than what the Shopper was saying 15 yards the whole second half that wasn't right was it? We need someone to step up big time.

O'Laughlin did a great job with the carries he got. I expect we'll see a little more of Zach Gibson to take the pressure off of James to carry the offense. Both are very good scat-backs; neither one is a bruising runner like Kitts.

I hope we also see some Chad Blakely against Sevier County Friday night. He was a man among boys in the JV game against Maryville.