Sequoyah @ GP

bigclittleh

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 35 to 50 points. GP rolls !!!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I think Coach Berrong will mix things up this week on Defense. We will improve week to week! However, this will be a great challenge for the Chiefs. I hope we continue to play hard and good things will happen. Go Chiefs!

I think Coach Berrong will mix things up this week on Defense. We will improve week to week! However, this will be a great challenge for the Chiefs. I hope we continue to play hard and good things will happen. Go Chiefs!

I think you are right. I told some of the players Saturday that 28 points will win some ballgames. They just need to shore up the defense and they will be alright. Elisha did a good job leading the offense last week. He needs to keep that leadership and emotion going into this week. If someone can step up and be that same kind of leader on defense, then things will be alright.

I think you are right. I told some of the players Saturday that 28 points will win some ballgames. They just need to shore up the defense and they will be alright. Elisha did a good job leading the offense last week. He needs to keep that leadership and emotion going into this week. If someone can step up and be that same kind of leader on defense, then things will be alright.

I agree ELI had a good game! I think White and Breeden also had good games. White ran very effective and Breeden was a factor in the passing game. I would like to see J. Black touch the ball more in spacen(He looked lost at FB). I think he could be dangerous and has good hands. I also think he could help out on the defensive side of the ball. (He is very phyiscal) I think White has got to carry the ball more!

Defensively - We have to play with an attitude and hit people! Best improvement for our defense is a better ball control offense. Defense need to grow up in a hurry! Good luck Thursday! Go Chiefs!!

GP is expecting a good game Thur. Coach Hammonds rested his 1st team off and def the whole 2nd half at tellico except for 1 series

. This is the 1st time I can remember they have had 2 D1 prospects at same time. They are a hand full are they as good as last years team way to early to tell. sequoyah jumped on them 14 points early last year, but GP responded. You will get your moneys worth, come on out..

Harley04 is right about visiting Hammonds field, they have always been very nice whenever Sweetwater traveled there. Of course it makes the long trip back much more enjoyable when you can get out of there with a win, and Sweetwater has been lucky enough to do that against some of their very tough hardnosed physical teams. From what I hear, their offense seems to be different than most of those games of the past when they just lined up and played power football and ran it down your throat.

I kept up with GP alot, especially in the past when my sister lived up their. Hammonds is a great HS Coach, and one of their great linebackers Eric Brackins, and I believe his brother went to school and played for my favorite College team.

SID,

I was trying to remember if it was the last game that I went to there when you were their also, and it was freezing, I thought it was. Sweetwater played there 4-5 times in the last few years, and a couple of those were very cold games, wet, or both! A couple times students came over and made some comments, but nothing out of the ordinary. Nice place to play, very friendly, except for those hard hitting players, as Harley said, lol. Usually a tough defense, but offense has changed some, as I said above. One of my favorite places to go for an away game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry, a little off the subject but...

Harley,

Am I right about Eric Brackins brother? Was his name Phillip, and didn't he attend Michigan also? I was trying to remember his brothers name and it's driving me crazy trying to remember, LOL. ( I'm terrible at remembering names)

Swildcat,

Phillip is his name and he also attended Michigan. Eric was a captain senior year @ MI. Both were great players.

I agree ELI had a good game! I think White and Breeden also had good games. White ran very effective and Breeden was a factor in the passing game. I would like to see J. Black touch the ball more in spacen(He looked lost at FB). I think he could be dangerous and has good hands. I also think he could help out on the defensive side of the ball. (He is very phyiscal) I think White has got to carry the ball more!

Defensively - We have to play with an attitude and hit people! Best improvement for our defense is a better ball control offense. Defense need to grow up in a hurry! Good luck Thursday! Go Chiefs!!

Well I am going to throw some stats your way. Our ball control offense last season scored 28 or more points in 1 game, 28 points would have won us 2 more games and put the East Ridge game in OT. Our defense allowed 28 or more points in 6 games and 21 or more points in 8 games. What the coaches did the other night gave us a chance to beat a superior team and I for one am very excited about that. I think we are finally headed in the right direction. As far as White carrying the ball more he starting cramping early, did not appear to be in game shape. The best thing for our defense is for it to find a leader that will step up inspire them. #57 could be that guy. Our LB play other than him was awful against Sweetwater.