Sequoyah @ GP

bigclittleh

Meat,

I wasn't at last nights game, and only caught a couple minutes of the game on the way back from Sweet-Tellico soccer game (happened to be when Storm ran back the INT!) so I can't say about this game, but how do you figure that play calling cost you the Sweetwater game???

3 an half min. to go, down by 7 and Sweetwater punts the ball out at their 45yd line. After 3 PASS plays we have the ball 4th and forever. We had time to run the ball but it's like we needed to get it all in one play. If we had scored quick and left 3min. on the clock Sweetwater win because SQ couldn't stop them. I,m not trying to take away from SW's win you beat us.I'm just conserned with our OFF play calling. If you watched the last two series of the SW game, that's what most of our offence looked like lastnight. POOR PLAY CALLING,

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meat,

You also must give credit where credit is due! The only problem with what you are saying is that you forgot to mention the play calling that had you in that position that deep in the game to begin with. Coaches will not always make the right call, they are human to.

Your right and that's why I didn't post last week, but two weeks in a row? It was clear that we were going to win throughing the ball or loss trying. You need to see the stats. I believe we were about 4 for 40 passing. The only possitive offence was the run game. I,m soory but now is not the time to play the game of this is "MY OFFENCE" and this is "HIS OFFENCE" let's go with what is working.

Hello everyone! I have been a long time reader of CoachT but have never actually posted; however, I think that I've sit back in the shadows for far to long. I have been a long time fan of Sequoyah Football. I have made it to every game i possibly could in the past few years and supported these boys through thick and thin, mostly thin, but we have always had the talent to succed but there always seem that no matter what type of talent we have we always seem to come up short. Why is that? Hmm well lets start looking at things from every perspective. First you look at the players, it always seems to be that when the lights turn on and the other team comes on strong instead of fighting back they always seem to coward like a small child never wantin to fight back. But wait then you have the problem with why these boys have come to be this way. Well let us look at the safety of the coaching positsion. Well if I'm counting right ~subtract the 2 & carry the one~ we are up too our fourth, counting Coach Gregory's temporary take over, head coach in the past four years. Now if you do not think that this may contribute somewhat to our boy's sucess then you are mistaken. And most of the time it's not exactly the coach's fault. From my understanding its the men women in charge trying find the quickest way out and playing favorites. It seems as if the men and women this young men are suppose to look up too kinda like to take the easy way doesn't it? However, I am very off subject as this is a whole other discussion in itself. This group of seniors we see on the field now on friday nights are a very special bunch, I knew that whenever they were puny freshman. Through all this "crap" they have gone through they still seem confident in themselves and play the game with heart. I don't know if it's just me but it seems as if the leadership is actually there on the team unlike other years were there was none. I went to this past Sweetwater game and from what I saw these boys play it looked like a whole other team on the field then what Sequoyah is use to. These boys have so much heart. They are not your normal kids, and those who have met them or been around them long enough know what I'm talking about. And for those of you talking about the "bad" play calling, I totally agree. This is not a spread offense team. When you have a FB as the caliber of White, and don't kid yourself he is an amazing athlete, why not run the ball. Also with hardnose scrap players such as Moser at QB and Breden (Sorry if Mispelled) at RB who can both take a licking and still come back for more doesn't it seem that this FlexBone Offense of Gregory's just what we needed? From what I saw when we ran the spread offense we just could not get anything going. Now don't get me wrong we do have some decent WR such as Corvette, Thompson, & Brewster ect. But with the talent of such teams as Sweetwater it's hard to match up. Once we ran the FlexBone we was obtaining at least 5 to 10 yards a pop. So why not run it? It's okay to mix up with a little run and pass but most high school teams have trouble with the passing game anyway, of course there are exceptions. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the GP game but I did listen to it on the radio and it seemed to be the same problem in this game. Three plays pass, 4th and long and force to punt. It seemed that we had many opportunitys to win but with the play calls we were just not able to make it happen. Of course I'm sure that I would be able to tell you more about it if I was there, but I'm sure they played hard. These boys just need to keep their heads and fight through it, they're gonna break through sometime this year just unsure when. GO CHIEFS!

Your right and that's why I didn't post last week, but two weeks in a row? It was clear that we were going to win throughing the ball or loss trying. You need to see the stats. I believe we were about 4 for 40 passing. The only possitive offence was the run game. I,m soory but now is not the time to play the game of this is "MY OFFENCE" and this is "HIS OFFENCE" let's go with what is working.

Oh MEATHEAD must have slipped in da mudd and hit him head last night, nice try pretty obvious wat you are up to. It wasn't the coaches fault for these two losses Sweetwater was just better than us and last night sounded like to me O-Line just got a whoopin maybe it will help them as we start region play. The offense we are running gives us the best chance to win it put is in position to beat a superior Sweetwater team and it will give us the best opportunities to make the playoffs. A physical running attack ain't happening here O-line just isn't good enough for that.

Stats on the game from game film.

Total Offense Sequoyah - 55 yards total, We were 4 of 21 passing for 28 yards. There was 29 pass plays called but 8 of them ended up as sacks for -65 yards. actual running plays called was 18 for 92 yards. We lost 0 fumbles & had no int's. White had 11 carries for 66 yards and 1 TD.

Totals for GP - 262 yards total offense, They were 10 of 15 passing for 101 yards with 2 int's, Rushing they were 42 attemts for 161 yards.

Defensively white had 8 tackles, thompson had 6, stienhardt had 5, Topa had 4, carson 4, Moser had 4, we had 3 others with 3 each, we had 3 with 2 each, and we had 4 with 1 tackle each. We had 2 interceptions - Moser had 1 and Storm Corvette had 1 which he returned 97 yards for a TD. We recovered 2 fumbles and blocked 2 punts.

Stats on the game from game film.

Total Offense Sequoyah - 55 yards total, We were 4 of 21 passing for 28 yards. There was 29 pass plays called but 8 of them ended up as sacks for -65 yards. actual running plays called was 18 for 92 yards. We lost 0 fumbles & had no int's. White had 11 carries for 66 yards and 1 TD.

Totals for GP - 262 yards total offense, They were 10 of 15 passing for 101 yards with 2 int's, Rushing they were 42 attemts for 161 yards.

Defensively white had 8 tackles, thompson had 6, stienhardt had 5, Topa had 4, carson 4, Moser had 4, we had 3 others with 3 each, we had 3 with 2 each, and we had 4 with 1 tackle each. We had 2 interceptions - Moser had 1 and Storm Corvette had 1 which he returned 97 yards for a TD. We recovered 2 fumbles and blocked 2 punts.

Thanks for those stats it shows how poorly the O-line really did play. Maybe this will be their bad week for the year and play better the rest of the season.

Thanks for those stats it shows how poorly the O-line really did play. Maybe this will be their bad week for the year and play better the rest of the season.

Well from what I understand with this offense Satterfield is running you only have six men blocking, and when GP has eight men in the box coming everytime someone's gonna come free there's just no way to stop it. Anyone with any smarts what so ever can see that.

OH MEATTHEIDIOT "my offence" or "his offence" it is Coach Satterfields offense and it will be successful whether you like it or not.

Well from what I understand with this offense Satterfield is running you only have six men blocking, and when GP has eight men in the box coming everytime someone's gonna come free there's just no way to stop it. Anyone with any smarts what so ever can see that.

And they couldn't run against it either. Take away the touchdown run by White and the stats would prove it. Was that TD scored on a draw play. Cause if it was chalk one up for the passing game.

And they couldn't run against it either. Take away the touchdown run by White and the stats would prove it. Was that TD scored on a draw play. Cause if it was chalk one up for the passing game.

No actually it was not a draw play they scored. If not mistaken, which I could be , I don't ever remember them having a draw in the playbook. And also if you look at the stats Sequoyah had double the yards rushing then passing. Can you not see that?

Meat,

I do agree with some of what you said. I don't think that the team should run spread exclusively or to much, but if you go straight run than Sweetwater would've switched and really slowed that down to, that is what opened the run up for Sequoyah, and some passing plays at key times in the game is what kept it close.

Big thing for you guys is to stay positive, and not help to put negative thoughts in the players heads. Everyone has to admit that the Chiefs are getting better. They played 2 top 12 , 2a teams tough! They can still make some noise in their region for sure. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

- Also there are plays in the spread that can slow down 8 defenders rushing, don't know if Seq. has any in the playbook, but their are plenty. Give the Coach a chance, thats part of the reason why you don't keep Coaches long, not the only reason, but part of it.