Sequoyah @ GP

bigclittleh

Dr. Dave & J. Roberts?? Isn't that the two coaches that are coaching our little league junior team that I am hearing so much about? I hear they are pretty successful and are being coached well. How fortunate are we to have such great coaches to help our feeder program which will only help Sequoyah sports in years to come. Go Chiefs!

No sorry can't be the same guys these are the two guys that got ran off the high school program. And if that is them then they are back where they belong in little league.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now how can you hope Satterfield is successful but get on here and trash his play calling. 55 yards total offense and still have a chance to win, they must have done something right. It sounded like GP had a good game plan on defense and I give them credit for that. Did the TD come off a draw play or not.

Have you not ever disagreed with your wife? And when you do, does that mean you don't love her or support her? One defensive TD, One rushing offensive TD (not sure if it was a draw, sorry.), two blocked punts, and some hard nose hitting defense kept us in this game....not our offensive play calling.

Asking a question and they came up with a unique invention called the radio.

Can you see the conditions on the field through the radio? The ball was soaking wet, both QB's were having trouble throwing, and our receivers were having trouble catching. I'm not saying we shouldn't pass, we showed much improvement in the Sweetwater game in that area. What I am sayin is that when you throw the ball 40 times and only come up with 28 yards and can average 5 yards per rush, RUN Baby RUN!!!!

Can you see the conditions on the field through the radio? The ball was soaking wet, both QB's were having trouble throwing, and our receivers were having trouble catching. I'm not saying we shouldn't pass, we showed much improvement in the Sweetwater game in that area. What I am sayin is that when you throw the ball 40 times and only come up with 28 yards and can average 5 yards per rush, RUN Baby RUN!!!!

Yes you are right you were there so can't argue about the field conditions did not see them for myself.

Ran off is a good expression. Can think of no better guys to be coaching our young ones. That's where you build for the future.

Yes that is where they should have stayed

Several drives started with fumbled snaps and I believe this was one of them. And that would be poor execution. Right? That is giving a play away and that is not the coaches fault.

What's harder to execute? Taking the snap under center or taking snap in shot-gun spread formation with a soaking wet ball? Again...poor play calling.

WAS THE TD SCORED ON A DRAW

Have fun in little league

AGAIN...Not sure about the draw but i know one thing...if you are implying the draw was set up by the pass then why not run the draw again when you're on the opponents 25 with 4 minutes to go?? Lord knows we had thrown it enough to set it up again. Again...poor play calling.

Well if I'm not mistaken four years ago when Hollaway was first brought in both Dave Davidson and Jeff Roberts were approached by the school and were asked to help coach. Now why would they ask two guys to coach if they didn't think they were fit to do the job? And besides I know Dave personally and I know for a fact he did more for that school then anyone gives him credit for. Now I know that having Jake playing may contributed a little bit to do with him wanting to improve the school but not many people would be willing to do the things he did without getting paid. And i'm sure Roberts was the same way. But I'm sorry that I'm getting off topic here, but as I said earlier I've been in the shadows for far too long it must be said. You know Slobber Knocker while your always on here saying negative things about these boys that maybe all the negativity the get from the community and school will always be in the back of the heads on friday nights. Instead we need to support these young men & praise them for the things they go through.

Well if I'm not mistaken four years ago when Hollaway was first brought in both Dave Davidson and Jeff Roberts were approached by the school and were asked to help coach. Now why would they ask two guys to coach if they didn't think they were fit to do the job? And besides I know Dave personally and I know for a fact he did more for that school then anyone gives him credit for. Now I know that having Jake playing may contributed a little bit to do with him wanting to improve the school but not many people would be willing to do the things he did without getting paid. And i'm sure Roberts was the same way. But I'm sorry that I'm getting off topic here, but as I said earlier I've been in the shadows for far too long it must be said. You know Slobber Knocker while your always on here saying negative things about these boys that maybe all the negativity the get from the community and school will always be in the back of the heads on friday nights. Instead we need to support these young men & praise them for the things they go through.

It has been said that Dave and Jeff coached at Sequoyah simply because their sons played ball and showed favortism towards their boys while coaching. If this is true, then could someone tell me how many sons they have playing Junior league ball? By the way, Jake White (Dave's son) scored the only offensive TD last night and John Ray Roberts had a huge game at defensive line, recovered a fumble , and recovered a blocked punt returning it to the 9 yard line. Good Job boys, we are proud of you. Maybe all the playtime they got in last year wasn't because of their parents afterall. Oh, by the way, has anyone else heard the rumor that Jeff and Dave are running for School Board Members next election? If that is true they have my vote!

I think Sweetwater has more team speed. G-P was very disciplined on both sides of the ball. The running game complimented the passing game real well. G-P seemed to be more powerful up front on defense. I think G-P has the edge in the backfield, Sweetwater has the better QB, and its even at recievers and O-Line. Defensively, G-P gets the edge on the line, even on the LB's, and I would have to give G-P a slight edge on DB's. If I had to predict a winner though, off of the 2 games I have saw, if they played right now, I would have to give Sweetwater the edge in a close one.

It was a tough game. The game couldve been much different. That interception return was a 14 point swing, so we were 1 play away from 27-13. Our QB missed 2 passes but must have had close to 100 yards rushing playing tough. Our D line was awesome. My man Dylan played like gangbusters so did the Horner kid. SQ looked better than last year however and I predict will win games this year. By the way, replay showed the QB was down on the last fumble according to one of the coaches. Good victory. Go GP Middle against Seymour Thursday!!!!!