Sequoyah @ GP

bigclittleh

It has been said that Dave and Jeff coached at Sequoyah simply because their sons played ball and showed favortism towards their boys while coaching. If this is true, then could someone tell me how many sons they have playing Junior league ball? By the way, Jake White (Dave's son) scored the only offensive TD last night and John Ray Roberts had a huge game at defensive line, recovered a fumble , and recovered a blocked punt returning it to the 9 yard line. Good Job boys, we are proud of you. Maybe all the playtime they got in last year wasn't because of their parents afterall. Oh, by the way, has anyone else heard the rumor that Jeff and Dave are running for School Board Members next election? If that is true they have my vote!

They done it to prove a point and try not to look bad.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a tough game. The game couldve been much different. That interception return was a 14 point swing, so we were 1 play away from 27-13. Our QB missed 2 passes but must have had close to 100 yards rushing playing tough. Our D line was awesome. My man Dylan played like gangbusters so did the Horner kid. SQ looked better than last year however and I predict will win games this year. By the way, replay showed the QB was down on the last fumble according to one of the coaches. Good victory. Go GP Middle against Seymour Thursday!!!!!

Looked better than last year appreciate the complement. Good luck to GP the rest of the season.

Stats on the game from game film.

Total Offense Sequoyah - 55 yards total, We were 4 of 21 passing for 28 yards. There was 29 pass plays called but 8 of them ended up as sacks for -65 yards. actual running plays called was 18 for 92 yards. We lost 0 fumbles & had no int's. White had 11 carries for 66 yards and 1 TD.

Totals for GP - 262 yards total offense, They were 10 of 15 passing for 101 yards with 2 int's, Rushing they were 42 attemts for 161 yards.

Defensively white had 8 tackles, thompson had 6, stienhardt had 5, Topa had 4, carson 4, Moser had 4, we had 3 others with 3 each, we had 3 with 2 each, and we had 4 with 1 tackle each. We had 2 interceptions - Moser had 1 and Storm Corvette had 1 which he returned 97 yards for a TD. We recovered 2 fumbles and blocked 2 punts.

You average over 5 yds per rush and one RB 6.6 yds per rush, with no misderection (well one), nothing run on the edge,8 in the box, all pinching and some want to say the OL didn't play well?????? Call George Quarles and ask him if he would take over 5 yards per rush. Ask him how he thought the OL played! I will be glad to give you his cell phone number. The rushing TD was not even close to a draw. . GP averages under 4 yards per rush, runs it 42 times and wins the game???????? This team should be better my goodness they returned 9 starters on offense. By the way GP lost 17 seniors from last years team! I am not hiding behind a computer like some. I was at a funeral when those post were made. Jeff Roberts is a quality man, he has helped more kids in this county than just about anybody I know. He goes out of his way to help ALL these kids and I can tell you for sure, he could care less if they are blue or black and gold. If this county had more people like him these kids would be better for it. Is he a friend of mine, you betcha, proud of it. Jeff will stand up for the right things and help any kid that needs it, give'em money, takem home, pickem up, by them something to eat, call the kids dad and let him know what is going on with the kid, call kids to try and help keep them motivated,get up at 5:00 am to open the weight room EVERYDAY,be back that afternoon for conditioning, take care of the equipment, make sure the kids had water on away trips,make sure we had the footballs on the road,repair kit in order and stocked with everything possible for equipment repairs, take up money for meals, log lifts in the computer for workouts for the ENTIRE TEAM EVERYDAY. All for FREE! A handfull of selfish people want to question this mans motives????? Better yet "they" hide and manipulate , some just out right lie. Some say run off!!!!!! No he stood up for the right things to be done by the central office and the school board. Run off you say???? He resigned to stand up for ALL those kids. You want to see what is wrong with athletics in Monroe county?????? Cyrstal clear!

They done it to prove a point and try not to look bad.

If you noticed i've not been saying much on here,and i'm not going to.Not once have i bad mouthed are coachs on here,and i'm not going to.Not once have i've bad mouthed a kid on the team,o-line ,d-line,backs ,rec.etc or will i.I care about these kids to much to do that.And i wish them all the luck in the rest of the season,and in life.I hope i've touched their lifes in some way.You and a few others got what you wanted,so leave me alone.All i ever did was care about those kids,and that has not changed or will it ever.

Now as far as me coaching L.L. i was asked.I have a son on the crickets (THE 6 & 7 year olds),and was there watching him when i was approched by the juniors coach.I agreed and thats how that came about.And i am having fun.The kids are a greattttttt bunch to work with.They soak it up like a sponge.So there were no points to be proven.

Now as far as me being 1 of the others posters,COACHT you have my permission to tell them if i am or if i am not.I will not hide behind a screen name like you do.Everyone thats knows me,knows i will say it to your face.

Now as far as COACH DAVE goes,he is one of the best coachs i have ever been around.He knows the game of football.He knows alot more then i do.He does it because he cares about those kids also, and wants them to have every chance they could have.He has put in countless hours and never got paid a dime for it.He would tell the linemen every day,what are we going to do today,and the answer would be ,were going to love each other,and thats what they did.Thats why theres a special bond between them.The thing i loved about about coaching was the kids,and making new friendships.I'm proud to call COACH DAVE a friend.

Its not hard to figure that you have a axe to grind,and i think i know what it is,but i can tell you your wrong.But in your mind it will never change.But my door is open with no hard feelins towards you,if you would like to sit down and try and iron it out.You told me something a while back that i thought you may be coming around ,but with all that has happened it flared back up inside you.And if you remember me and DAVE was not involed in the thing that got you so upset.But like i said my door is open and i have a cell phone,and a phone at work.

COACH ROBERTS

You average over 5 yds per rush and one RB 6.6 yds per rush, with no misderection (well one), nothing run on the edge,8 in the box, all pinching and some want to say the OL didn't play well?????? Call George Quarles and ask him if he would take over 5 yards per rush. Ask him how he thought the OL played! I will be glad to give you his cell phone number. The rushing TD was not even close to a draw. . GP averages under 4 yards per rush, runs it 42 times and wins the game???????? This team should be better my goodness they returned 9 starters on offense. By the way GP lost 17 seniors from last years team! I am not hiding behind a computer like some. I was at a funeral when those post were made. Jeff Roberts is a quality man, he has helped more kids in this county than just about anybody I know. He goes out of his way to help ALL these kids and I can tell you for sure, he could care less if they are blue or black and gold. If this county had more people like him these kids would be better for it. Is he a friend of mine, you betcha, proud of it. Jeff will stand up for the right things and help any kid that needs it, give'em money, takem home, pickem up, by them something to eat, call the kids dad and let him know what is going on with the kid, call kids to try and help keep them motivated,get up at 5:00 am to open the weight room EVERYDAY,be back that afternoon for conditioning, take care of the equipment, make sure the kids had water on away trips,make sure we had the footballs on the road,repair kit in order and stocked with everything possible for equipment repairs, take up money for meals, log lifts in the computer for workouts for the ENTIRE TEAM EVERYDAY. All for FREE! A handfull of selfish people want to question this mans motives????? Better yet "they" hide and manipulate , some just out right lie. Some say run off!!!!!! No he stood up for the right things to be done by the central office and the school board. Run off you say???? He resigned to stand up for ALL those kids. You want to see what is wrong with athletics in Monroe county?????? Cyrstal clear!

The Knoxville News Sentinal had the stats for the GP game at 28 rushes for 21 yards and one touchdown. With the touchdown coming from a 26 yard run. So that leaves 27 rushes for -5 yards left. So those stats came from someone who was at the game so I would consider that more reliable than stats that were took off game field with yards hard to see.

The Knoxville News Sentinal had the stats for the GP game at 28 rushes for 21 yards and one touchdown. With the touchdown coming from a 26 yard run. So that leaves 27 rushes for -5 yards left. So those stats came from someone who was at the game so I would consider that more reliable than stats that were took off game field with yards hard to see.

The K N S stats add in the sack yds as minus which is a true net yards. If I understood Dave he was making the point that the actual rushing yards were much better without the sacks. I also understood his point that the Chiefs probably shouldn't have attempted as many passes. Not taking sides, just pointing out the obvious.

The K N S stats add in the sack yds as minus which is a true net yards. If I understood Dave he was making the point that the actual rushing yards were much better without the sacks. I also understood his point that the Chiefs probably shouldn't have attempted as many passes. Not taking sides, just pointing out the obvious.

Yes, but the sacks show obvious bad O-line play and you have to factor that in. If you don't have time to throw even a quick pass you are not going to be effective running the ball. So all of the factors added in does not necessarily make this a poor coached game. Dr. Dave talked about the offense last year and 300 yds/ avg but what about the two victories we had to show for it.

If you noticed i've not been saying much on here,and i'm not going to.Not once have i bad mouthed are coachs on here,and i'm not going to.Not once have i've bad mouthed a kid on the team,o-line ,d-line,backs ,rec.etc or will i.I care about these kids to much to do that.And i wish them all the luck in the rest of the season,and in life.I hope i've touched their lifes in some way.You and a few others got what you wanted,so leave me alone.All i ever did was care about those kids,and that has not changed or will it ever.

Now as far as me coaching L.L. i was asked.I have a son on the crickets (THE 6 & 7 year olds),and was there watching him when i was approched by the juniors coach.I agreed and thats how that came about.And i am having fun.The kids are a greattttttt bunch to work with.They soak it up like a sponge.So there were no points to be proven.

Now as far as me being 1 of the others posters,COACHT you have my permission to tell them if i am or if i am not.I will not hide behind a screen name like you do.Everyone thats knows me,knows i will say it to your face.

Now as far as COACH DAVE goes,he is one of the best coachs i have ever been around.He knows the game of football.He knows alot more then i do.He does it because he cares about those kids also, and wants them to have every chance they could have.He has put in countless hours and never got paid a dime for it.He would tell the linemen every day,what are we going to do today,and the answer would be ,were going to love each other,and thats what they did.Thats why theres a special bond between them.The thing i loved about about coaching was the kids,and making new friendships.I'm proud to call COACH DAVE a friend.

Its not hard to figure that you have a axe to grind,and i think i know what it is,but i can tell you your wrong.But in your mind it will never change.But my door is open with no hard feelins towards you,if you would like to sit down and try and iron it out.You told me something a while back that i thought you may be coming around ,but with all that has happened it flared back up inside you.And if you remember me and DAVE was not involed in the thing that got you so upset.But like i said my door is open and i have a cell phone,and a phone at work.

COACH ROBERTS

I am glad you don't come on here and bad mouth the coaches as red nation that would be so destructive to what the program is trying to do, your partner in crime however is being very destructive to what is trying to be built at Sequoyah it goes against everything that you guys say you were trying to do out there the past few years it sounds like sour grapes. This team has put together the best coaching staff that it has had many years. And they can be successful we all know that this team has 3 tough games at the beginning of the season and it only took two games for him to start bad mouthing the play calling. PLEASE you guys need to really sit back and think about what you have got going on here your son is a senior and I would like to see them make the playoffs it would be a good stepping stone for the future of the program.

I am glad you don't come on here and bad mouth the coaches as red nation that would be so destructive to what the program is trying to do, your partner in crime however is being very destructive to what is trying to be built at Sequoyah it goes against everything that you guys say you were trying to do out there the past few years it sounds like sour grapes. This team has put together the best coaching staff that it has had many years. And they can be successful we all know that this team has 3 tough games at the beginning of the season and it only took two games for him to start bad mouthing the play calling. PLEASE you guys need to really sit back and think about what you have got going on here your son is a senior and I would like to see them make the playoffs it would be a good stepping stone for the future of the program.

SK

Apparently, just like the game of football you have absolutley NO idea what you are talking about...nor do you understand how to read stats. Then you make accusations and assumptions about a game that you didn't even attend. Coach T's website is intended for people to get on here and give their views of the game. I said I didn't agree with the play calling (period). That does not mean I have a personal vendetta out for the coaching staff and other people in our community. That is such Bull! I will assure you that I am not Dr. Dave or Jeff Roberts. In fact, you would not even know who I am if I told you my name. As I told you in an earlier thread, I am not from Vonore or Madisonville...not even from Monroe county. So, as an outsider looking in it is very obvious that the only one churning sour grapes is you. You need to look at facts and quit trying to make everything personal between you and Dr. Dave. Or is that all you are about? In one breathe you are saying that we need to support the team and talking about the work that Dave and Jeff did last year and that they are trying to tear it down...then in the next breathe you are saying they are back in little league where they belong. ?????? This community and anyone with any sense knows that Coach S and this coaching staff didn't have the time or the means to bring this team to any sort of a successful level. Therefore, I credit any positive performance and success to the previous coaching staff. If you know anything at all about High School football, you understand that you can not put an offensive or deffensive scheme together from the end of the dead period to the beginning of the season and have any kind of success unless these kids have been coached solid fundamentals and how to play the game and have comradeship with one another unless it came from a previous coaching staff. At first Coach S is the glue holding it all together, and as the season goes on from this point and years to follow it will all exemplify him. My only fear from what I gather from you and other people in this area is that if Coash S doesn't win more than two games then his job as AD and head coach is on the line. Or at least that seems to be the pattern from previous years. Again, my view point from the Gattlinburg Pittman game is that our offensive play calling cost us that game. Anyone who sees stats (and understands how to read them) and was at that game would agree.

SlobberKnocker, have you even watched a ame a football? Sometimes it seems as if when you post you don't know the difference between the football and coach's behind. We have sit here and shown you the stats and the hard evidence on how one might see the play calling of Sequoyah would be "bad". Now either you can prove your point on how going three pass plays in a row and then having to punt is good a good thing or I suggest you stop making a total fool of your self. Just trying to save you the embarssment. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

SlobberKnocker, have you even watched a ame a football? Sometimes it seems as if when you post you don't know the difference between the football and coach's behind. We have sit here and shown you the stats and the hard evidence on how one might see the play calling of Sequoyah would be "bad". Now either you can prove your point on how going three pass plays in a row and then having to punt is good a good thing or I suggest you stop making a total fool of your self. Just trying to save you the embarssment.

Oh I assure it is not me that is looking a fool here, it is the two headed monster. So I will address you guys as one. Any success of this team will be in spight of the previous coaching staff not because of them. Now I can't remember exactly each of the series of the game. Let's just say that 1st down was a fumbled exchange, 2nd down maybe the center and FB missed a blitz pick up resulting in a sack. They are not many good play calls for 3rd and 20. Now I did not go to the game but have talked to several people who were there and they assure the running game was not working and I trust their opinion.

Oh I assure it is not me that is looking a fool here, it is the two headed monster. So I will address you guys as one. Any success of this team will be in spight of the previous coaching staff not because of them. Now I can't remember exactly each of the series of the game. Let's just say that 1st down was a fumbled exchange, 2nd down maybe the center and FB missed a blitz pick up resulting in a sack. They are not many good play calls for 3rd and 20. Now I did not go to the game but have talked to several people who were there and they assure the running game was not working and I trust their opinion.

O.kay coach Slobber, you have had this same scenario happen 8 times in this game. Let's say the center and the full back did miss a blitz pick-up and there was a fumbled exchange because the center or quarterback mishandled a wet ball while they are in a shot-gun spread formation, yes, I would say this is lack of execution but it is a head coaches job and duty to know when to say that enough is enough. The offense that I am wanting to run and the offense that I need to run are not one and the same. I'm also not saying that our offense spread formation would not work in a different scenario. I for one enjoy seeing the ball thrown down the field and agree that the veer can sometimes be a bit boring, but Thursday night at GP that was the only offense working for Sequoyah. Anyone that was at the game could see that clearly. If your offensive play has not worked for 3 1/2 quarters (be it conditions, execution, or playcalling) then you should go with what works. With four minutes to go in this game, we had the ball at GP's 25 and would have scored running the veer. That is the only offense that had worked to that point.