Sequoyah @ GP

bigclittleh

And they couldn't run against it either. Take away the touchdown run by White and the stats would prove it. Was that TD scored on a draw play. Cause if it was chalk one up for the passing game.

You know Coach Hammonds at GP has been coaching about as long as Satterfield. This is a classic move on Hammonds part. It is obvious that Sequayah can run the football so his defense was designed to take away what the Chiefs wanted to do and it worked. GP forced the Chiefs into doing things they were uncomfortable doing. GP could continue to bring 8 because Sequoyah could not execute a hot route. I believe there were several discussion on a previous thread about Sequoyah's lack of a passing attack. I can tell you for sure that good teams will take advantage of that the rest of the year. Satterfield has a proven system on offense, just need to give the players time to master the skills and techniques to be successful. From what I hear, the Madisionville junior team was dominate against Polk and Meigs. Give it time, the wins will come.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh MEATHEAD must have slipped in da mudd and hit him head last night, nice try pretty obvious wat you are up to. It wasn't the coaches fault for these two losses Sweetwater was just better than us and last night sounded like to me O-Line just got a whoopin maybe it will help them as we start region play. The offense we are running gives us the best chance to win it put is in position to beat a superior Sweetwater team and it will give us the best opportunities to make the playoffs. A physical running attack ain't happening here O-line just isn't good enough for that.

SK....You're telling me that you would rahter punt 4rth and 20 all night at GP rather than run the vear that is working?! I do NOT understand your way of thinking. How is 4rth & 20 going to get us to the playoffs?! If we throw the ball against Central like we did against GPitman, those passes will be picked for TD's. We have great athletes with a WHOLE lot of heart to get us somewhere but are just not a predominantly passing team. Last year against GPitman we rushed for 350 yards and scored 21 points. We've only lost 2 starters from that team to this years team and your telling me that a physical running attack ain't happening? This is the same offensive line that averaged over 300 yards rushing last year. The only difference is that we are running the spread and power I instead of the wing T. Last night at GP our offensive line didn't have a great night but it's hard to block 7 with your six when you are sending out 4 in your spread formation. All GP did was slide their safety over and cover our slot receiver which allowed them to play straight man while sending 7 against our 6 leaving one man free to send our QB running for his life! Again...poor play calling. We averaged 5.1 yards for carry in last nights game and was only 4 for 29 for 28 yards passing. In those conditions and averaging 5 yards per carry, why would you not run the ball with 4 minutes left on GP's 25 yard line and only down by 6?! Again...poor play calling. "Pretty obvious what I'm up to"?? No, it's pretty obvious what's going on. Satterfield wants to implement HIS offense (and rightfully so, in due time) the offense that should be run is the offense that willl win these close ball games...not just keep us in them.

SK....You're telling me that you would rahter punt 4rth and 20 all night at GP rather than run the vear that is working?! I do NOT understand your way of thinking. How is 4rth & 20 going to get us to the playoffs?! If we throw the ball against Central like we did against GPitman, those passes will be picked for TD's. We have great athletes with a WHOLE lot of heart to get us somewhere but are just not a predominantly passing team. Last year against GPitman we rushed for 350 yards and scored 21 points. We've only lost 2 starters from that team to this years team and your telling me that a physical running attack ain't happening? This is the same offensive line that averaged over 300 yards rushing last year. The only difference is that we are running the spread and power I instead of the wing T. Last night at GP our offensive line didn't have a great night but it's hard to block 7 with your six when you are sending out 4 in your spread formation. All GP did was slide their safety over and cover our slot receiver which allowed them to play straight man while sending 7 against our 6 leaving one man free to send our QB running for his life! Again...poor play calling. We averaged 5.1 yards for carry in last nights game and was only 4 for 29 for 28 yards passing. In those conditions and averaging 5 yards per carry, why would you not run the ball with 4 minutes left on GP's 25 yard line and only down by 6?! Again...poor play calling. "Pretty obvious what I'm up to"?? No, it's pretty obvious what's going on. Satterfield wants to implement HIS offense (and rightfully so, in due time) the offense that should be run is the offense that willl win these close ball games...not just keep us in them.

Now come on man GP came in flat and we scored on three long runs, then they made some adjustments and well we know how it ended up, not pretty. Last year was last year people know about that veer and they know how to stop it. So if we want to compete for a playoff spot we got to chunk it down the field we got to be versatile and the O-line must play better. When Seq got the ball on the series which you speak was it poor play calling or poor execution I think execution.

OH MEATTHEIDIOT "my offence" or "his offence" it is Coach Satterfields offense and it will be successful whether you like it or not.

Really?? I thought it was Sequoyahs's offense. No players. No Coaches. No fans. It all equals no team. That is the problem. It's nothing but a power struggle as to who is right and who is wrong when it should really be about what is working for the team at the time and what is not. SK, I am a BIG Satterfield fan and hope that he is VERY successful. At the end of the day however, I am a Sequoyah fan and disagree with the plays called last night. I'm not from around here and could care less about the Madisonville/Vonore Saga.....I am not letting my personnel feelings about whether or not my son got his play time affect my position. I have no sons. I am just stating the facts. It's hard to argue with 55 total yards of offense when we have the same group of boys that averaged over 300 last year.

Hey boys if any of you read this keep your head up keep playing hard and good things will happen. Believe in your coaches and this system and you have a chance to make an impact in this region. You lost to two really good teams and have nothing to be ashamed of. O-line learn from last night and make a promise to not let that happen again.

Now come on man GP came in flat and we scored on three long runs, then they made some adjustments and well we know how it ended up, not pretty. Last year was last year people know about that veer and they know how to stop it. So if we want to compete for a playoff spot we got to chunk it down the field we got to be versatile and the O-line must play better. When Seq got the ball on the series which you speak was it poor play calling or poor execution I think execution.

SK...you called me an idiot in an earlier post. Now you are going to get on here and say that it was poor execution when you weren't even at the game last night? How would you know?

Really?? I thought it was Sequoyahs's offense. No players. No Coaches. No fans. It all equals no team. That is the problem. It's nothing but a power struggle as to who is right and who is wrong when it should really be about what is working for the team at the time and what is not. SK, I am a BIG Satterfield fan and hope that he is VERY successful. At the end of the day however, I am a Sequoyah fan and disagree with the plays called last night. I'm not from around here and could care less about the Madisonville/Vonore Saga.....I am not letting my personnel feelings about whether or not my son got his play time affect my position. I have no sons. I am just stating the facts. It's hard to argue with 55 total yards of offense when we have the same group of boys that averaged over 300 last year.

Now how can you hope Satterfield is successful but get on here and trash his play calling. 55 yards total offense and still have a chance to win, they must have done something right. It sounded like GP had a good game plan on defense and I give them credit for that. Did the TD come off a draw play or not.

I will tell you I am neither man SlobberKnocker. Besides I'm pretty sure every knew who they were anyway, Dave does by DrDave and Jeff goes by ?ChiefNation? unsure but something like that. I'm totally with meat on this one, the stats show that boys were more effective running the ball. I mean come on 4 for 21 passes? My gosh man something nots right

MEATtheChief and Bamstick now which one is Dr. Dave and which one is J. Roberts.

Dr. Dave & J. Roberts?? Isn't that the two coaches that are coaching our little league junior team that I am hearing so much about? I hear they are pretty successful and are being coached well. How fortunate are we to have such great coaches to help our feeder program which will only help Sequoyah sports in years to come. Go Chiefs!