Waverly vs Harpeth

rednecktiger

Horkins is a junior as is the quarterback and all of the line. Seniors at running back and tight end on offense.

At the very least it was a gamble to go for it on 4th and short at midfield in a 7 point game early in the second half. It could have cost the Tigers the game, which they didn't deserve. I have a little cheat card that I use when I'm playing Black Jack too that says when the cards say this, you do this. Playing the percentages works more often than not.

Good luck to Waverly against Stewart County and the Harpeth guys have to get it back on the tracks. There's no birthrights involved here. You've got to get better on the practice field and take that over to the games. Go Indians!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a little more than that but not much. 150 yards passing in the second half though was encouraging.

I'm undecided how much to make out of this game. I wish Harpeth would have had a game under their belt to be sure, because I think they learned a lot about themselves in this game. Not giving up on the Veer either, but I think Harpeth's strength may be to set up the run with the pass. Truly Harpeth threw on Waverly because there were 8 in the box and it was wide open. Had they spread the field with the pass earlier, the running lanes might have been there.

On the other hand, I think Waverly's spread made Harpeth play straight up on D. They had a good balance between the pass and the run which is what I think you need to strive for. Congratulations again to Waverly. I know last seasons was a long one for those guys.

I told ya ksgovols that Harpeth needed to sling it. When you have a Horkins you need to get it to him as much as possible. Look at how Sycamore got the ball to Shay Williams in 2003 and how Cheatham Co. got the ball to Joey Beach in 2006.

You coach around your talent not for a scheme that is impossible for your player personel. Harpeth hasn't been able to run the ball consistently since Beasley was there. Since 2001 the Indians rushing attack has seriously lacked. Jimmy Gann was the biggest reason they got to the playoffs in 2003. Outside of that they've not been close expect for last year and that was because Horkins had a great year.

it was one of the best games iv seen, but if harpeth would have found horkins earlier in the game im pretty sure the game woulda been turned around...waverly was able to run really well and the throwing wasnt bad when the recievers were catching the ball, but too many times i saw the ball either go through their hands, hit them directly in the chest or right at the finger tips...but if the recievers can start catching expect some major plays coming from waverly with the ability to throw and run...anderson had a really good game i thought and the D did great, that is except for the plays that were thrown right at them...some reason waverly is not able to cover receivers too good and if a ball is thrown their way they just try to watch the ball and follow it instead of finding the receiver and making it harder for the throw to get their....but friday night should be another good one as the rivalry starts back, hope to see as good of a crowd there!! BLUE WHITE TIGER PRIDE!!

papatiger, whether he's a gambler or not, that 4th down call was absurd. Going for that when you have the chance to pin Harpeth deep? Punt the ball with that 7 point lead there and eat the clock, keep momentum. This ain't Madden '09.

Come on, you know as well as I do, that if the kid makes the grab, then the coach is a genius for being a gambler. There is a fine line in football between between being a genius and being a goober. Coach Graves is a calculating individual and is at the mercy of his players when calling plays. He is only as good as his players, which, in reality, are not very talented. Yeah, he might have pinned them deep with a punt, or the punt could have been blocked, or maybe coach didn't have confidence in the defense. Be assured that Coach Graves thought about all of these things before he made the decision. It is so easy to sit in the stands and criticize what a coach has done.

Come on, you know as well as I do, that if the kid makes the grab, then the coach is a genius for being a gambler. There is a fine line in football between between being a genius and being a goober. Coach Graves is a calculating individual and is at the mercy of his players when calling plays. He is only as good as his players, which, in reality, are not very talented. Yeah, he might have pinned them deep with a punt, or the punt could have been blocked, or maybe coach didn't have confidence in the defense. Be assured that Coach Graves thought about all of these things before he made the decision. It is so easy to sit in the stands and criticize what a coach has done.

Well,rcombs makes a valid point and in reality to punt would have been the best choice. But I like a gambler. I believe that Coach trusted his defense and besides, if the receiver doesn't drop the ball that (hit him in the face mask), it was a first down and a drive that would have finished them off. Now, ballhawk, where do you get there is no talent? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" There is loads of talent on this team.

you know the way i see it, taking the gamble was the best bet...main reason it lets the coach and players see how it will be in region play, now at least if it does come up that they need to make this play they know they can pull it off, "IF" the receiver pulls it in, i mean everything worked out great up until the receiver lost the ball in the lights...but its better to gamble on a non region game to test a play and put the players in that position then to put so much pressure on them when it does matter...jmo

hindian13, stop talking! You make the whole Harpeth football team look bad. Because you are the only player getting on here and talking. Stick to the bench. Maybe if you took your time and used it to work out instead of getting on coacht you could have been on the field trying to help get the win. But instead you are just a bug that Harpeth needs to get rid of. Good job Wavo... Turn it around Harpeth.

I will keep talking. Someone needs to do something to get us fired up. I have confidence in our team and i think we can be as good as i say, but we have to play like it for a whole game, not just a half. We did dominate waverly in the second half by passing the ball. We also had a bad no call on a roughing the punter in the end zone. We still need to work on some things, but we will turn it around and we will win a lot of games. GO TRIBE!!!!!

I will keep talking. Someone needs to do something to get us fired up. I have confidence in our team and i think we can be as good as i say, but we have to play like it for a whole game, not just a half. We did dominate waverly in the second half by passing the ball. We also had a bad no call on a roughing the punter in the end zone. We still need to work on some things, but we will turn it around and we will win a lot of games. GO TRIBE!!!!!

If it takes a freshman to get on coacht and talk crap to get the indians fired up it is going to be a long year...