Playoffs!

just1np

I have been reading Bob Knight's book and there is a part in it where he discusses the Indiana athletic association's playoff format for football.

He said, if I'm remembering correctly, that all size schools played together(one class), which is how they played their storied basketball playoffs for decades. The one thing they did to make thing as even as they could was cut the roster for the playoffs. That way every team had the same number of players: 33.

What do you guys think a scenario like that? I wouldn't like the one class thing, but what about going back to three classes and using someything like that? As a player I wouldn't like it( I would have been one that was cut), but it would even things out.

What do you think

I don't like anybody cutting their roster just for the playoffs.

TSSAA's playoff system has its flaws, but I think it's alright...you still have the larger schools having more athletes to choose from and most 5A second teams can beat the 3A and under squads.

Leave things like they are for now...Indiana is not a hotbed of football as far as I can recolect.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 8/3/02 2:26P]