Hey King Brian

rufus22

Hey Brian I read in the paper the other day where coach Harrison at Sunbright is refusing to comment on any of the game and refusing to release tapes for the sake of the stories in the paper. What's up with that, did he give a reason or is he just being an idiot. I mean what is he trying to prove. Is he saying that by not doing interviews or having the stories in the paper that he will make Sunbright a better team? I share the same opinion that you do about it is doing nothing but hurting the guys on the team in the sense that high school football will be it for them and it will take away the joy of reading your name in the paper and seeing your picture for your accomplishments. This doesn't make any sense to me. You do an excellent job writing up the stories and do a good job at having even coverage of all the teams in the county. Noone could ask any different of you considering the number of teams in the county and the fact that you are pretty much a one man team when it comes to the Sports page. Now being from Sunbright I wish them the best in the season ahead and in the future, but in my opinion, Sunbright football has went down hill ever since Coach Newberry left. I mean the facts show it, from going to the playoffs and a bowl game in 2005 and 2006 and then Coach Harrison takes over and they struggle to a 3-7 record. But oh well if Coach Harrison wants to be like that let him, he's doing nothing but making himself look worse and worse in character. But as far as you go Brian, I'd like to say thank you for the awesome job you do at covering the the county's sports. I know tht you do the best job that you possibly can given the amount of time you have available and I can tell you first hand, you made my high school sports career enjoyable by the coverage you provided and I still enjoy reading the paper every week to hear about the games I missed in the county. Keep up the good job. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rufus thanks for the comments. I'm not going to air out his problems in a public forum. Let's just say that I have no comment about the situation lol. And for anybody wondering, I will continue cover the Sunbright fooball team the best I can with the limited resources I have. I do appreciate all the calls and support I have gotten from Sunbright people and other people from all around the county.

Rufus thanks for the comments. I'm not going to air out his problems in a public forum. Let's just say that I have no comment about the situation lol. And for anybody wondering, I will continue cover the Sunbright fooball team the best I can with the limited resources I have. I do appreciate all the calls and support I have gotten from Sunbright people and other people from all around the county.

Speaking as someone from Oneida I will say this. We have two newspapers here and they both pale in comparison to what you do in Morgan County. I only wish we had a sports edition like yours. They should take a look a what you do and learn from it.

As far as the coach at Sunbright. It is pretty obvious the team has regressed under his leadership.

As a Sunbright fan, I am extremely disappointed in Harison as our coach. We have one of the easiest schedules around and we only won 3 games last year and won't win many more than that this year if we don't get better. I don't know why coach want comment to the paper but its only hurting our kids. Somebody told me he was upset about the write up on our scrimmage with Wartburg. If that is the truth then Harison needs to get over it. He has already run off sevearl good coaches up here and he thinks he is Bear Bryant or Vince Lombadi or something. I was kind of surprised he got hired back this year after only winning 3 games and with the trouble over the cheerleaders. That is a shame. I say he needs to go back to Cookeville and sale used cars. Anyway good luck Tigers against Greenback this week.

I read in the paper that Harison refused comment again this week. Can't the man give credit to his kids for playing a good game at Jellico? I am glad my kids aren't playing for him and hopefully he will be gone when they get into high school. This looks bad not only on him but Sunbright School and I can't believe that the administration isn't stepping in and fixing the problem. A lot of the people I have talked to are upset over Harison. All I can sya is keep your heads up Tigers and play your best each week.