Dyersburg at Haywood week 2

Trojan

It is very obvious that some posters on here do not understand football. Haywood is big, fast, and strong on both sides of the ball. I saw them play at JCM and last night and they made lots of improvement. Haywood has the most talent in the region. Only time will tell, but I believe that Haywood will win the region and Dyersburg will be second. I am not making any excuses we got beat last night. I also saw some great things from an extremely young team.

This Trojan team has ZERO returning starters on offense and almost pulled out a big win against a tough opponent while making a ton of mistakes. The future is bright in Trojanland!!!

It's very obvious that for someone like you that understands football more than the rest of us that your post makes no sense. It can be interpreted in two ways.

(1) you say: Haywood is big, fast, and strong on both sides of the ball. Haywood has the most talent in the region.

I believe that Haywood will win the region.

If what you say is true (and I have no reason to believe otherwise sine you undersatnd football so much) Dburg should have gotten there brains kicked in.

(2) You believe Dburg has just as much talent but just lacks the expierence (according to one poster Haywood is just as inexpierenced) And since your team got beat you are making the team that beat you to look like world beaters in order to find something good out of the loss. Remember your team scores 65 one week and 3 the next. Talk about one extreme to the other. If you believe Haywood is really as good as you say Ive got news for you, there are alot of teams better than Haywood. I've seen Haywood as well.

Last point: you saidyou was not making any excuses. What do you call this then?

(1)This Trojan team has ZERO returning starters on offense

(2)while making a ton of mistakes

Sounds like excuses to me!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If you were not making excuses you would have simply said Haywood is better and left it at that. Something just crossed my mind....I'm not sure you actually understand football. Are you a poser or what?????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just making a point...you are the one that said it's obvious some don't understand football...Not me!!! This game at the Highschool level is not nearly as complex as some on here make it out to be. BTW, I understand Football quite well. As a Matter of fact I won the super bowl in my fantasy football league last year (12 teams and 19 rounds in the draft)/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Of course I do understand the NFL is not nearly as complex a game as highschool...so there was a HUGE element of luck involved /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg made a lot of mistakes on the offensive side of the ball....Once Haywood ONLY had 10 MEN ON THE FIELD...and we didn't take advantage of it.....The defense has given up 6 points in 3 games...NO PROBLEM...We hang 65 on Frayser( which IMO alot of those Inner-city Memphis schools should GIVE UP FOOTBALL..they lack coaching and generally are so undisciplined the games are a JOKE).....So was Dyersburg THAT BAD ON OFFENSE or was Haywood THAT GOOD....I tend to think it was the former....What were Chase Brown's stats?...I know last week he only completed one pass out of three....It APPEARS to me that Dyersburg wants to "POUND THE ROCK" and wear teams out...But sooner or later you are gonna run into teams that put 8 IN THE BOX and DARE YOU TO THROW IT...You got to be able to do that to be successful.....Haywood has great athletes.. They always have and always will...Just don't think they are the BEST COACHED TEAM in the region....Counce or PA Pratt with that bunch would be scary....That being said Dyersburg still ALMOST PULLED ONE OUT...But they didn't....Hear Coach Counce had PRACTICE about 8 am this morning to "discuss a few things"...Can't wait for next week...

Dyersburg made a lot of mistakes on the offensive side of the ball....Once Haywood ONLY had 10 MEN ON THE FIELD...and we didn't take advantage of it.....The defense has given up 6 points in 3 games...NO PROBLEM...We hang 65 on Frayser( which IMO alot of those Inner-city Memphis schools should GIVE UP FOOTBALL..they lack coaching and generally are so undisciplined the games are a JOKE).....So was Dyersburg THAT BAD ON OFFENSE or was Haywood THAT GOOD....I tend to think it was the former....What were Chase Brown's stats?...I know last week he only completed one pass out of three....It APPEARS to me that Dyersburg wants to "POUND THE ROCK" and wear teams out...But sooner or later you are gonna run into teams that put 8 IN THE BOX and DARE YOU TO THROW IT...You got to be able to do that to be successful.....Haywood has great athletes.. They always have and always will...Just don't think they are the BEST COACHED TEAM in the region....Counce or PA Pratt with that bunch would be scary....That being said Dyersburg still ALMOST PULLED ONE OUT...But they didn't....Hear Coach Counce had PRACTICE about 8 am this morning to "discuss a few things"...Can't wait for next week...

What everyone on here is forgetting is that these are kids and humans and everyone is intitled to mistakes..... yes Dyersburg had mistakes but they will learn from them... and to answer the nay sayers about the condition of this team.... They are one of the BEST conditioned teams in west tennessee that has nothing to do with the loss friday night .... I guarantee you any school around here couldn't do wat those boys have done since Jan.... We lost someone had to and we did this time... it is amazing that when Dyersburg finally loses everyone comes out to have a hay day... look back and see how many times before we beat Haywood.... but no one mentions that.....Yes offense needs work but the O line was great.... working a few bugs out is all then watch out...... don't know why everyone loves for the Trojans to lose maybe it is because ya'll are jealous and wish you were a Trojan too......... GO TROJANS TOGETHER WE ATTACK....... /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

What everyone on here is forgetting is that these are kids and humans and everyone is intitled to mistakes..... yes Dyersburg had mistakes but they will learn from them... and to answer the nay sayers about the condition of this team.... They are one of the BEST conditioned teams in west tennessee that has nothing to do with the loss friday night .... I guarantee you any school around here couldn't do wat those boys have done since Jan.... We lost someone had to and we did this time... it is amazing that when Dyersburg finally loses everyone comes out to have a hay day... look back and see how many times before we beat Haywood.... but no one mentions that.....Yes offense needs work but the O line was great.... working a few bugs out is all then watch out...... don't know why everyone loves for the Trojans to lose maybe it is because ya'll are jealous and wish you were a Trojan too......... GO TROJANS TOGETHER WE ATTACK....... /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Ummmmm...Stevieray and trojanz1 ARE Trojan fans /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I cheer for ya'll as long as we are not playing you. What I appreciate is an honest response as to what went wrong .....I gave one last week for our team....said we got outplayed, bottom line. Of course they are kids and we know that....BUT this is a sports board and with the wins come losses. I am not jumping for joy they lost and I am not jealous...nor do I want to be a Trojan. Heck you are a rival school up the road...course I am interested /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I read the boards for all teams we are gonna play....like keeping up with who does what...WIN OR LOSE. Your school has great coaches and a fine bunch of athletes you will be alright... gotta take alot, good and bad when posting on the boards....this is only week 2. Believe me it can get a whole lot worse than this....this is mild. Good luck your next game!!

WTH...everybody knows these are kids and human beings. This ain't Table Tennis..This is Football for goodness sakes. You are to thin skinned. Has it ever occured to you that people don't really root against any of these teams and just root for their home teams...but, they like to see people like you eat crow every now and then.....Personally I could care less...I want all these kids regardless of who they play for the be good young men and for them to be successfull on and off the field!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

When you get on here and say..quote: obviously some on here don't understand football....well be ready to receive as well as give. And to your point of "ya'll are jealous".....who is the ya'll you talk about....what a joke. It's only a football game..not really that important in the grand scheme of things...FOR REAL!!!!! You must really have some kind of complex to actually in your mind really believe people are really jealous...seems to me LIKE YOU ARE THE JEALOUS ONE!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW...my sons went to Jackson SS and I think they are one of the better teams around but you don't see me getting on here acting like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread like alot of fans on here do....oh yeah...fans like you!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Your to sensitive to..these are football players, remember that /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> This is a message board, not a lovefest..if your looking for that you came to the wrong place!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW,,,I don't know stevierayvol or some of the others but I respect his opinion and I have a feeling he knows how to read between the lines and tell when people are just talking smack and when people are really mean spirited...I talk smack like everybody on here, but I am not mean spirited and I don't take myself nearly as serious as alot of people on here...LIKE YOU!!!!!!!! I mean to say people don't understand footballl or to act that way...I guess you are the resident expert..thanks but no thanks...I don't need your expertiese because I am quite capable of understanding on my own and If I do need an opinion on a team or game I know who to ask and I can assure you it's not you....probably a big mistake on my part, though...afterall you are the one that seems to be the all-knowing...what a Joke!!!!

I just noticed it was urmama not proudmama that made the comment "some obvioulsy don't understand"....having said that though, I can't really distinguish the difference in their post so I will just stand by what I say!!!!! Heck, for all I know they are one and the same....that does happen on here you know. Both seem to think they have all the answers and seem to know so much more than the rest of us.

Man, it is ALL IN FUN....Nobody LOVES to talk smack as much as I do...But when you talk smack...You better be able to TAKE IT AS WELL AS DISH IT OUT....I talked smack the week of the Dyersburg/DC game and after it was over....THOSE DC FANS HUNG SO MUCH ORANGE ON MY BLACK AND GOLD UNIFORM....I looked like I could either go "Deer Hunting or Pick up Garbage on a work release program... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It's all fun and the week of the 9th game...OH ...THE SMACK THAT WILL BE TALKED AND THE BETS ( WHO WILL WEAR AN OPPOSING JERSEY FOR A WEEK IF THEIR TEAM LOSES)...Lots of fun....It is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL....Pretty soon graduation will get here...AND THE REAL WORLD BEGINS...College, Family, and A WAR GOING ON....This is ALL IN FUN...Enjoy it kids while you can and remember it always...Pretty soon you will all be adults...And life will never be like you know it now!.....GO TROJANS!

What everyone on here is forgetting is that these are kids and humans and everyone is intitled to mistakes..... yes Dyersburg had mistakes but they will learn from them... and to answer the nay sayers about the condition of this team.... They are one of the BEST conditioned teams in west tennessee that has nothing to do with the loss friday night .... I guarantee you any school around here couldn't do wat those boys have done since Jan.... We lost someone had to and we did this time... it is amazing that when Dyersburg finally loses everyone comes out to have a hay day... look back and see how many times before we beat Haywood[/u].... but no one mentions that.....Yes offense needs work but the O line was great.... working a few bugs out is all then watch out...... don't know why everyone loves for the Trojans to lose maybe it is because ya'll are jealous and wish you were a Trojan too......... GO TROJANS TOGETHER WE ATTACK....... /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

the radio mention this was the 79th time the two teams have met... Haywood has won 55 times to Dburgs 24 times. i may be off by one or two.

the radio mention this was the 79th time the two teams have met... Haywood has won 55 times to Dburgs 24 times. i may be off by one or two.

?? RADIO STATION...THEY DIDNT START PLAYING TILL THE LATE 50'S...51 YEARS AT THE MOST..GRANTED HC HAS WON THE GREATER MAJORITY ///DHS PLAYED THEM 16-17 YEARS BEFORE EVER WINNING ONE ..HC HAD A COACH AT BROWNSVILLE H.S. AS THEY WERE KNOWN THEN THAT LOST ONLY 3-4 GAMES IN 17 YEARS OF COACHING..ONLY CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES WERE PLAYED BACK IN THE DAY''

SIDE NOTE TO URMAMA..MESSAGE BOARDS ARE FOR EVERYONES OPIONION...DONT LET EM GET NEXT TO YA ..ITS ALL IN FUN..ALL OF US ARE "ONLY" ARMCHAIR QB'S..HAVE FUN WITH IT ... ONLY OPIOIONS OF WHICH YOURS ARE RESPECTED AS ANY AS A FAN OF YOUR TEAM

I KNOW YOUR ONLY ROOTING FOR YOUR TEAM BUT ITS DANGEROUS OUT HERE AT TIMES..KEEP POSTING FOR OUR TROJANS AS WE DONT HAVE AS MANY AS IN YEARS PAST

REV IT UP TROJANS ..TIME TO GET REAL !!! TROJAN FOOTBALL.."TOGETHER WE ATTACH"

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby Newby beat Haywood ONCE or twice during his reign...TICO Fuchs never beat Haywood...Fred Crawford ( WHO IMO WAS THE WORSE COACH DYERSBURG EVER HAD...HAD MORE TALENT IN HIS THREE YEARS THAN ANYONE IN THE DISTRICT...HAD HAYWOOD DOWN 28 or 31 -0 or 7 and Haywood Came back and won the game....Errol Hook did a GREAT job IMO when all of the REALLY GOOD ATHLETES were jumping on the Mickey Mahon bandwagon and playing roundball....Errol Hook supposedly made the statement Mitch Cupples could have been the best high school TE around but he gave up the sport to play roundball...Lots of other kids did too...I don't think Neil Durbin ever beat Haywood ( THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST DUDES YOU WILL EVER MEET IMO..NEIL DURBIN IS A FINE MAN ).....Counce came along and we started beating JCM..BROWNSVILLE, Covington...Things that used to only happen at DHS like seeing Haley's Comet, The Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, etc.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> That's why all the former players and supporters like Counce....DHS used to be the team EVERYBODY Scheduled for Homecoming...My Senior year we were the only team in the state that played the A runner-up ( Lake County in a scrimmage) MAN THEY WERE HUGE!...The AA State Champ (Humboldt) 79 team was the best HS team I have ever seen....and the AAA runner-up JCM...plus Milan, Covington, Bolivar, Ripley, Henry County, Haywood, Union City and Germantown....and we went 4-6....."Tico" Fuchs was a good asst. coach..But IMO wasn't a head coach...He tried too much to be like Bobby Newby..( NOBODY IS THAT CRAZY)...instead of himself...If we had a coach like Counce , no telling what we could have done....I'm telling you ..in the late 70's , early 80's...You play those 10 teams right there EVEN TODAY...and have a winning season ...You have done something...They were ALL LOADED and all put players at the next level...A few even had NFL tryouts or played in the Canadian league....

I saw Haywood over at the first look scrimmage at DC earlier this year and I was impressed. I said in an earlier thread that I thought it'd come down to Haywood and DC for a Region title and I still stand by that. Haywood has athletes galore and size to go with it. The kicking game obviously made the difference in the game last night and kudos to Haywood's kicker because there aren't many high school kickers as good as him! He should be up for the Mr. Football kicker award by the end of the year!

I saw Haywood over at the first look scrimmage at DC earlier this year and I was impressed. I said in an earlier thread that I thought it'd come down to Haywood and DC for a Region title and I still stand by that. Haywood has athletes galore and size to go with it. The kicking game obviously made the difference in the game last night and kudos to Haywood's kicker because there aren't many high school kickers as good as him! He should be up for the Mr. Football kicker award by the end of the year!

Dyersburg still has ONE KID who played on the offensive side of the ball last year and that is Click...3-3 with less than 4 minutes to go .....First and goal on the 10 and WE HAVE KYLE YOUMANS..who is one of the best kickers in the state...I was thinking 6-3 or 7-3...OT at the worse...Then Brown backs away from the center and NEVER has the ball....We hold and force a punt...Gonna get the ball in REALLY good field position and Click FUMBLES...Haywood recovers...Brownsville has TOO MANY GOOD ATHLETES to keep letting them off the hook...The Grandberry kid breaks a long one...Dyersburg catches him....Holds and the kicker nails a chip shot....BALL GAME....I heard Counce was SO MAD....He told the team..." PRACTICE AT 8 IN THE MORNING"....ANYBODY THAT ISN"T THERE BETTER LET ME KNOW BEFORE I STEP OFF THIS FIELD TONIGHT".... Man, like it or dislike it...YOU GOTTA RESPECT THOSE OLD SCHOOL COACHES LIKE COUNCE....Not too many of them left....We will get better as the season goes on....Guarantee that....And The Defense has a big test this weekend...Don't know what he has done so far this year...But the Mann Kid from Northside was the best back I thought Dyersburg faced last year....I know we shut them out 35 -0 last year but he had over 100 yards rushing last year....Thank goodness...they were between the 20's.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />