maryville scrimmage results????

mhs

East Ridge vs Maryville was Maryville 2TD's to East Ridge's 1. Maryville dominated this game. 1st string offense scored every time they had the ball. 1st string defense shut down East Ridge. Maryville's reserves moved the ball well on East Ridge's reserves but didn't score. East Ridge's reserves could not move the ball on Maryville's reserves. East Ridge scored when they intercepted a ball and ran it back for a TD.

Austin East vs Maryville was 2 to 2. Austin East scored 1st on a one yd run. Austin East hurt Maryville a few times with big plays. On the opening drive AE's QB scrambles for a long run and then they throw a long pass to get the ball on the five yd line. Maryville moves the ball downfield and there is a quarterback center fumble exchange. That is the only time the 1st string didn't score all day. The 1st string scores the next 2 possessions. The 1st string defense shuts down AE the next 2 possessions. Our reserves did not score on AE. AE score last touchdown on their last possession against a lot of Maryville reserves.I couldn't tell whether AE had reserves on that drive or the starters. Lucas Tipton had a few good shots on their tailback but the hardest shot of the day is the one the middle linebacker for AE put on Rouse.That play scared me to death. We can't afford to lose Rouse.AE receiver made a great catch on their last touchdown. Antonio Byner had good coverage but the receiver made a great play.

Maryville vs Soddy Daisy was Maryville winning 3-1. Maryville's 1st string offense scored on both of their possessions. Alex Rouse killed Soddy Daisy with the option. Stewart had a great block on a Soddy Daisy player. Soddy Daisy reserves scored one on Maryville reserves and Maryville come back and scored on Soddy Daisy.Andrew Clement caught a pass and ran it in.

I was pleased with the scrimmages. Maryville played 3 very good teams today. Soddy Daisy and East Ridge are physical teams and AE has great team speed.AE has great athletes. Scrimmaging these teams will only help Maryville.

Maryville's 1st string offense looked real good.Only time they were stopped was on a center QB exchange in the AE game.Alex Rouse looked very good today and will only get better.Very good athlete.

Maryville's 1st string defense played very well. Especially the run defense. Run defense was awesome.Only good gainer was when the AE qb broke one.

Maryville's front put very good pressure on the quarterbacks. Drew Galyon did real well at end today. Him and Andrew Hodge will make very good bookends.

The secondary had a few breakdowns where East Ridge and Austin East had receivers wide open. Thankfully they weren't completed.Of course those quarterbacks were scrambling for their lives because of the rush.

Soddy Daisy fans! That was my 1st trip to Soddy Daisy.That was a beautiful town. I bet you guys spend a lot of time on the lake?

How did the other games go?

[Edited by REBELRON on 8/3/02 7:14P]

I thought AE did a good job against the Rebels. Both teams showed they have tough defenses with explosive offenses. They was definitely some hitting going on out there. Both teams have solid middle linebackers. The kid from AE looked like he has a future at the next level.

Stevens believes in building depth. AE rotates players every series. They only have 8 total varsity lineman so they all rotate. The MLB #25 who also played center only played the first series at center. The 2nd and 3rd team centers pplayed most of the scrimmage vs. Maryville. A couple of 2nd tier lineman played a lot in all scrimmages to build depth. AE has to replace their whole O-line from last year with the exception of Fats Minor. They gave a lot of players reps because it was hot and their numbers are small. So each series AE came out with different people in each scrimmage. Vs. East AE played just freshman and a few J.V. guys that haven't gotten to play. AE won that scrimmage 21 - 0.