Crockett County vs. Covington

I expect a close game, and turnovers could decide the outcome. Beaubien at Covington may be coaching to keep his job. Folks were willing to write off last year as a bad effort under his new system. Lack of Region 7-3A success this year could be the end of Coach Beau, as I hear it.

That's crazy! People cannot expect Covington to even compete against Tupelo, MS. They have at least 5-6 kids that are going to sign D-1 rides! Covington will be able to compete with the rest of their schedule. Coach Beau is a great coach who has had great success in his coaching career. It sounds like some people need to drive down the road to Memphis and spend thousands of dollars on an education for the next 5 years and get their teaching certificate so they can put on a whistle. That's awful! Keep your mouth shut around town and support your team. This is coming from a person who has no ties to Covington HS. It only hurts the kids when when people cannot keep from running their mouths. Good luck Chargers in your region schedule. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's crazy! People cannot expect Covington to even compete against Tupelo, MS. They have at least 5-6 kids that are going to sign D-1 rides! Covington will be able to compete with the rest of their schedule. Coach Beau is a great coach who has had great success in his coaching career. It sounds like some people need to drive down the road to Memphis and spend thousands of dollars on an education for the next 5 years and get their teaching certificate so they can put on a whistle. That's awful! Keep your mouth shut around town and support your team. This is coming from a person who has no ties to Covington HS. It only hurts the kids when when people cannot keep from running their mouths. Good luck Chargers in your region schedule. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't appreciate being told to keep my mouth shut, especially by someone who says they have no ties to the program. There is no bigger supporter of the Covington team over the last 20-odd years than I am. I support them with attendance, booster club donations, full page football program ads, buying whatever the team is selling to raise funds, the works.

If you read my previous posts, I described the mismatch we had with Tupelo. That game was lost when we walked on the field, because of the talent disparity. Nobody is expecting miracles. I also posted that I was proud of the week zero showing in Memphis against Ridgeway. Last year was very disappointing to the entire fan base, though.

As far as the coach's status, I just posted what I had heard in the stands. I have earned the right to comment because I went to school there and all my children went to school there, too. I do hope that we are competitive in Region play the rest of the way. I hope that coach Beau can get this turned around. I sat there in the early 1990's and endured a season when we were 0-10. I have seen our fortunes rise and fall several times.

But, I know how coaching is. My brother was a successful HS girl's basketball coach and boy's baseball coach for years. When the record turned around, he was out of there pretty quick. He is now in an entirely different business. You have to win to retain your position.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up predicting scores along time ago. You can never tell who is going to be fired up, who is unmotivated for the game, etc. I do look forward to visiting Crockett County.

You folks get a good crowd, support your team, and a victory there would be very nice, primarily because I have both relatives and friends in Alamo. There's nothing like bragging rights for the next 12 months.

2006: #1 in the state Crockett Co. vrs unranked Covington.

Covington 33

CC 28

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

2006: #1 in the state Crockett Co. vrs unranked Covington.

Covington 33

CC 28

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

lol HAHA...."REMEMBER THE REFS" THAT GOT SUSPENDED CUZ THEY CALLED THE GAME SO VERY WELL!! CC DID CHOKE BUT EVERYONE KNWS WHO THE BETTER TEAM WAS!! GOO CROCKETT!!!! SURE U WILL "REMEMBER THE ALAMO" AFTER WK2 /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

lol HAHA...."REMEMBER THE REFS" THAT GOT SUSPENDED CUZ THEY CALLED THE GAME SO VERY WELL!! CC DID CHOKE BUT EVERYONE KNWS WHO THE BETTER TEAM WAS!! GOO CROCKETT!!!! SURE U WILL "REMEMBER THE ALAMO" AFTER WK2 /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No, Covington run it right down your throat that night and you couldn't do nothing about it. However I do remember reading on here how bad ya'll were gonna beat us . I have the game film and there were calls missed on BOTH SIDES nothing as magnified as you described. No, there was never a ref suspended for that game, someone drank way too much coffee and had way too much time on their hands and got diarrhea of the mouth. Please excuse me for living in the past but we Charger fans haven't had ANYTHING to cheer about since that night in Crockett. May I add, I hope ya'll appreciate Coach Pratt because a good coach like him is hard to find. Yes, ya'll do have a fine program and pretty solid team this year. I look for ya'll to do well in the playoffs this year. But for that one night we outplayed ya and were the better team because we moved on in the playoffs.

No, Covington run it right down your throat that night and you couldn't do nothing about it. However I do remember reading on here how bad ya'll were gonna beat us . I have the game film and there were calls missed on BOTH SIDES nothing as magnified as you described. No, there was never a ref suspended for that game, someone drank way too much coffee and had way too much time on their hands and got diarrhea of the mouth. Please excuse me for living in the past but we Charger fans haven't had ANYTHING to cheer about since that night in Crockett. May I add, I hope ya'll appreciate Coach Pratt because a good coach like him is hard to find. Yes, ya'll do have a fine program and pretty solid team this year. I look for ya'll to do well in the playoffs this year. But for that one night we outplayed ya and were the better team because we moved on in the playoffs.

Do appreciate pa.........more bad calls on our side like the 2 or 3 yrd line were we had the guy stoped no forward progress the ref wouldnt end the play....oh and the onside kick we came up with but was gave to covington....and we were outplayed the first half but watch ur film again 3rd and 4th was all cc....excused 4 livin in the pass...but nobody really said anything that 06 needed to be brought up!!

Do appreciate pa.........more bad calls on our side like the 2 or 3 yrd line were we had the guy stoped no forward progress the ref wouldnt end the play....oh and the onside kick we came up with but was gave to covington....and we were outplayed the first half but watch ur film again 3rd and 4th was all cc....excused 4 livin in the pass...but nobody really said anything that 06 needed to be brought up!!

Yea your right, but I like to spread the salt from time to time. It was my son #90 that clearly recovered the onside kick, from his knees starts to hand the ball to offical and cc player grabs it and runs, so that one was blown way out of reason as well. I've watched in slow motion a hundred times and it wasn't really even close. Ok, I'm through with 06 and hope CC does well, I'll be rooting for ya

thats a negative on him recovering the kick i was standing on the field but regardless crockett deserved to loose cause they didnt play good yea the refs made some terrible calls but the game shouldn't been close

and bout the chargers running down our throat if mr JARVIS PERRY was playing things would been different!!!!!

but like i said covington deserved the win they came out ready and crockett had to wait to half time to finally start playing

thats a negative on him recovering the kick i was standing on the field but regardless crockett deserved to loose cause they didnt play good yea the refs made some terrible calls but the game shouldn't been close

and bout the chargers running down our throat if mr JARVIS PERRY was playing things would been different!!!!!

but like i said covington deserved the win they came out ready and crockett had to wait to half time to finally start playing

ALL true there legend......but anyways good luck to the chargers

I got the tape! It's all under the eye in the sky. I promise wasn't even close. Better yet have the football too!