Central vs. Halls

4merhhsplayer

I agree 100%.

We still have the ability to run the table. Coaches must coach, players must execute and fans must get behind both.

Go BIG RED!!!!

I sure hope the fans get behind the boyz tonight. I thought the Halls faithful was weak at home opener.

I am going to agree with one thing,we do have a lot of injuries at Hall's but we still have quality players on the field.We need to trust some of these guy's and play ball.After we began rotating in

fresh players against S.C.,you could see a huge difference due to fresh legs and desire to play.I guess to sum it up,don't cry about what we dont have and use what we do.Hall's finds it's heart this week and wins by 7.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepvol you beat me to it on the monkey off the back thing.

So I'll just say"Halls has it". Corny I know but absolute great job last night team.

300 yards rushing says it all. Now the season begins. Proud of you'all. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to go Halls -

- #6 (O'Laughlin) stepped up tonight. TD run was a "WOW", but I thought thr returned punt was special. It swung the big "M" back to our side. Two fumbles could have really hurt, but Defense stepped up and only allowed 6 points off them.

- #23 (Waggoner) continued his tear. On the last drive before half he "willed" his team to the endzone. He refused to go down!! He is able to get the "tough" yardage that I felt we were lacking agains Mville.

- #46 Fitz continues to bring a spark with his speed!! I will mentioned #3 (Gibson), who probably stiil has the highest average per carry on the team, and #34 (Burton) who continues to play hard and block well.

- Biggest difference between this game and S. County on offense was the maturity of coach Williams (I've said along he will do a fine job). Unlike Seveir County, we didn't worry about the lack of a passing game. At S. County we had the ball inside there 35 three times, and thru the ball (incomplete) on 6 of 9 plays. Thus we only got three points. I'm sure coach Williams noticed that, and last night he LEARNED to stay with what we do well (running the ball). To me, this shows signs of a good coach. In the first half I thought he did a great job of spreading the carries out, and it showed. GOOD JOB LAST NIGHT COACH WILLIAMS!

- No one but me seems to notice this, but is our O. line awesome or what!! Steven Hill and gang have dominated the line of scrimmage in every game (including Mville). Our line continues to face 8 or 9 in the box, and holes still form on most every play. GOOD JOB LINE!!

My two cents for Gibbs -

- This would be a great time to work on our pasing game. We could come out running, get a big lead, try a few passes, then let the subs play - OR - why not let Turner and Dowdey alternate every series, throw the ball on EVERY 1st down, and leave the starters on offense in for most of the game (Don't run the score up, just work on the passing game). It would be nice to see 20 to 25 passes in this game. Then for West, get back to running the ball with a pass every now and then.

Makes a lot of sense Ironman. Actually, that is what the better programs like Maryville try to do and unload their bench when possible.

This year I feel running the ball will be good enough to get home field in the playoffs. After that it's anyones guess.

We will miss this years OL next year and then we better consider some type of balance.

- No one but me seems to notice this, but is our O. line awesome or what!! Steven Hill and gang have dominated the line of scrimmage in every game (including Mville). Our line continues to face 8 or 9 in the box, and holes still form on most every play. GOOD JOB LINE!!

i think we might be able to credit coach kirby for that one. he runs the scout team D and often stacks 8 or 9 sometimes 10 people in the box and blitz all of them. during the week, he gets the o-line ready to face the odds that they will see in the game.