• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the stats.....

First Downs..UC-29....LC-21

Rush Yards..UC-535....LC-105

Pass Yards...UC-118...LC-420....21-29-0

Each team ran 59 plays apiece...

No Turnovers by either team...

Lake County punted 1 time....UC didn't punt for the second game in a row...

Union City missed a FG in the second quarter...

Lake County's Carlos Young returned a kick-off 88 yards for a TD for LC's final score of the game...

Lake County led at one time 23-13 and held a 29-21 lead at half...

Union City outscored the Falcons 34-12 in the second half (20-6 in the fourth quarter)...

Union City set a school record for total yards in a game..Broke the record set in 2006 against McKenzie (542 yards)

WHEW!!!

Union City wins over Lake County 55-41.....

Colton Speed of Union City rushed for 6 touchdowns and had 293 yards rushing on 20 carries....Also was 4 for 4 for 118 yards passing....

Union City had 653 total yards to Lake County's 525

wow what a shoot out! Two great teams head to head! Now thats football! Congrats to UC...

Ok Folks, I really don't know how to explain what I saw tonight, but Lake County has some players.

They LOVE to spread the field and throw some junk at you but it all works and the kids work it very well.

Lake County was in the game until around a minute and a hald left to play. I was not comfortable at all with them. Lake County could be facing a 4 th down and 30 yards to go for another first down and something they would pull out of a hat type trick deal.

As for Union City, Lake County Couldn't stop them and I don't think there was a fumble all night between the two teams.

I am kinda wondering though, Union City might have a few problems against a well oiled throwing team.

Union City is also going to move the ball with their veer play offense. It is just if we can slow down the other team.

My hats off to the Lake County Falcons, less than twenty on the entire team, dressed out and they PLAYED their hearts out as well.

Union City, GREAT JOB. This is a never say never quit team. Union City was down at least half of the game and continued to run the ball down Lake County's Throats. They...Lake County...Couldn't stop the Tornado and we finally broke the wing of the Falcon.

Time to move on to Dresden.

Ok Folks, I really don't know how to explain what I saw tonight, but Lake County has some players.

They LOVE to spread the field and throw some junk at you but it all works and the kids work it very well.

Lake County was end the game until around a minute and a hald left to play. I was not comfortable at all with them. Lake County could be facing a 4 th down and 30 yards to go for another first down and something they would pull out of a hat type trick deal.

As for Union City, Lake County Couldn't stop them and I don't think there was a fumble all night between the two teams.

I am kinda wondering though, Union City might have a few problems against a well oiled throwing team.

Union City is also going to move the ball with their veer play offense. It is just if we can slow down the other team.

My hats off to the Lake County Falcons, less than twenty on the entire team, dressed out and they PLAYED their hearts out as well.

Union City, GREAT JOB. This is a never say never quit team. Union City was down at least half of the game and continued to run the ball down Lake County's Throats. They...Lake County...Couldn't stop the Tornado and we finally broke the wing of the Falcon.

Time to move on to Dresden.

Want some info. Are the teams both good or was one overlooking the other? I hope this comes across the way it is intended. I didn't think Lake Co. would hang around as long as they did. Please, try to be unbiased. I am just very curious here.

ucdiditagain...I think me and you could look like T.O and Randy Moss on our secondary with Atlas looking like Manning...36twisterG is right..Something has to be done with the secondary...This is close to or over 600 passing yards allowed in just two games....

I was wondering....A question for bigster and speller...Why in the world did you guys wait till the game was near over with before you started throwing on Crittenden County??

I was told that Lake County was a completely different team last week and one was he did want to show anything to Union City. He knew coming into the game that by them throwing the ball and mixing things up his team might have a chance. Almost happened.

I will make a prediction right now, if our pass defense doesn't get much better, McKenzie and Obion County will give us all that we want.

I know they have to stop us and maybe that is the deal.

If we can score more on you by running than by you throwing, Union City wins. If not, it could be a long night.

Union City has a good team and getting better. The never quit attitude is what I like. These kids do not give up.

Like I said, knowing McKenzie like they have been the last several years throwing the ball, they will give Union City trouble if they throw and then the other Rebels from Obion throw I know.

Their line is big and so on. That game is a non region game. If Union City can get a little better on the pass defense, they should be good to go.

Only time will tell and we should and will win next week against Dresden. They must REALLY be down.

We have been there and done that.

I am very proud of our coaches and players a Union City....a very different looking team on the field from a few years past.

Want some info. Are the teams both good or was one overlooking the other? I hope this comes across the way it is intended. I didn't think Lake Co. would hang around as long as they did. Please, try to be unbiased. I am just very curious here.

As for playing a true football, smash mouth style game, Union City does that.

Lake County, when they hike the ball, they run around and put the ball in the area where their players make plays, 5 10, 15, 40 , 50 yards down field.

They kinda play like a backyard style football team....Video type...and it works.

Fundamentals and all, Union City is better..

Lake County is very dangerous and they might be up for you and they may not be.

This game tongiht took alot out of them. They were close to beatin Union City and knew it.