Dist 14a

JWhumboldt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Co started their season off with a convincing win over Brighton 65-41...Lake Co led this game from start to finish and looked pretty good in doing so..Most people seem to think that Lake Co is too young to push for a top spot...If Lake Co doesn't push for the top spot ..I don't believe it will be because of that...T.T. Flowers is bringing the ball down the floor and is just blowing by people...I haven't seen anyone yet any faster...Carnation Hart is playing well as is a couple of the other young girls that I'm not familiar with yet other than April Mendez...These girls are going to be special the next 4 or 5 years..!

I'll take Bradford this year! They may have lost Danielle Proudfit but look at what she did at state compared to the others on her team against the stiffest competition in the state. Despite Danielle being so good all season, she was practically shut down at state. Molly Wallsmith is back for her Junior year and seemed to be playing well this year in AAU as well! Bradford will make another state tournament run.

I agree. Bradford is definitely the favorite this year. There are alot of good teams in this district, but Bradford has to be on top of any list right now.

I believe Bradford will miss Proudfit more than people think..I know Wallsmith is an excellent player but can she handle a press all night long or does she have the help to bring the ball down the floor without turning the ball over?With Proudfit and Wallsmith on the floor at the same time,a team couldn't play off either player..With Proudfit gone and Wallsmith getting the other teams best player guarding her..does Bradford have the other girls or outside shooting to play against the top calibre teams..I believe Lake Co with Renita Kinney back and with freshman T.T. Flowers in the fold..will be awlfully quick to contend with..I'm going with Lake Co..!

I can't remember the girl that will step into Proudfit's shoes, but many bradford people believe that this girl will actually be better than Proudfit when it is all said and done. By the way Bigster, aren't you a Lake Co. fan? Be objective. If you take your heart out of the equation, I think you would agree that Bradford is the team to beat.

If I'm not mistaken, they beat Gleason last year and they both have the same players this year. You are right about one thing, Gleason will outcoach them every time they play. Humboldt is a streaky team and when they get on a run they can beat anybody. On the other hand they might lose to most anybody on their off nights. You are not giving Humboldt enough credit.

I will say that Humboldt girls will finish higher than Union City in the district.

You are correct. They lost by like 7 the first meeting, and beat Gleason by 10 the second game.

I can't remember the girl that will step into Proudfit's shoes, but many bradford people believe that this girl will actually be better than Proudfit when it is all said and done. By the way Bigster, aren't you a Lake Co. fan? Be objective. If you take your heart out of the equation, I think you would agree that Bradford is the team to beat.

I am Lake Co ..And I feel I am being objective..Lake Co was beaten by Bradford last year in close games and had Bradford beat at Bradford in the region had about 3 starters not fouled out...Or at least could have won may be a better term..But I keep hearing about how loaded the Humboldt boys team is this year..And they may be..But I have to see them after they lost Corderro Wade and Epperson to make that judgment..Same with Bradford losing Proudfit..Not putting Bradford down because a lot of people are picking them so they must have played well in camps..But at the same time I was wondering if T.T. Flowers and Carnation Hart would be able to step in as freshmen against o;der players..So far..T.T. has been as quick as any player on the floor and I'll say now that she;s as quick as a freshman as anyone on Lake Co's or Bradford's team..As for being objective..I believe Lake Co has the talent to win the district..but they played pretty well last night..They may not play as well the next game..And also being objective..I heard from someone from Lake Co that has seen Union City ..Said Union City was prety good with the Ward girl..Said they were physical..And Greenfield had a young team last year that was pretty good..I believe Humboldt has everyone back..Lake Co split with Gleason last year..So there's maybe two or three teams I feel that are capable of winning the top spot..I'm not giving it to either Lake Co or Bradford..Just that I think Lake co is faster this year from last year and has better ball handling and a better all around team..I was thinking that Tiffany Mendez would be one of the starters,very quick,but she's not playing..That hurts a little..but still think Lake Co is a better team than last year..And until I actually see Bradford and how good they are without Proudfit..I feel I am being objective..I believe T.T. Flowers can defend anyone Bradford has handling the ball..!She's that quick..Whoever is guarding her may pick up some fouls trying to keep up !Lake Co plays Gleason Tuesday night so I'll know more...I usually don't miss any Lake co games but I live in Newbern and the Humboldt-Union City games at Union City...both of them..kind of is drawing my interest..!

I am Lake Co ..And I feel I am being objective..Lake Co was beaten by Bradford last year in close games and had Bradford beat at Bradford in the region had about 3 starters not fouled out...Or at least could have won may be a better term..But I keep hearing about how loaded the Humboldt boys team is this year..And they may be..But I have to see them after they lost Corderro Wade and Epperson to make that judgment..Same with Bradford losing Proudfit..Not putting Bradford down because a lot of people are picking them so they must have played well in camps..But at the same time I was wondering if T.T. Flowers and Carnation Hart would be able to step in as freshmen against o;der players..So far..T.T. has been as quick as any player on the floor and I'll say now that she;s as quick as a freshman as anyone on Lake Co's or Bradford's team..As for being objective..I believe Lake Co has the talent to win the district..but they played pretty well last night..They may not play as well the next game..And also being objective..I heard from someone from Lake Co that has seen Union City ..Said Union City was prety good with the Ward girl..Said they were physical..And Greenfield had a young team last year that was pretty good..I believe Humboldt has everyone back..Lake Co split with Gleason last year..So there's maybe two or three teams I feel that are capable of winning the top spot..I'm not giving it to either Lake Co or Bradford..Just that I think Lake co is faster this year from last year and has better ball handling and a better all around team..I was thinking that Tiffany Mendez would be one of the starters,very quick,but she's not playing..That hurts a little..but still think Lake Co is a better team than last year..And until I actually see Bradford and how good they are without Proudfit..I feel I am being objective..I believe T.T. Flowers can defend anyone Bradford has handling the ball..!She's that quick..Whoever is guarding her may pick up some fouls trying to keep up !Lake Co plays Gleason Tuesday night so I'll know more...I usually don't miss any Lake co games but I live in Newbern and the Humboldt-Union City games at Union City...both of them..kind of is drawing my interest..!

All I know is that when the only person picking a team to win is a fan of said team, it is kind of hard to believe that they are truly being objective. I don't doubt you are trying. Bradford and Lake Co. played 3 times last year. Lake Co. was 0-3. I know that was last year, but I've always thought that until you knock the champ off, they are still #1. Of course I mean district champs. Bradford just didn't lose enough for me to think things will be different. Matter of fact, most people feel that way. I know the games must be played, honestly, how can Bradford not be the pre-season favorite?

CoachT scoreboard has Gleason-78 Carroll Acd-5...Really??

Bradford will play at Obion Central Sat night....Good test for both teams...If you get the chance you need to get out and watch Chassidy Fussell of Obion Central.....I don't mean this in a bad way but she plays like a guy..She shoots just like a guy..Dribbles just like a guy and drives just like a guy and she jumps like a guy....

The Lady Rebels beat Munford tonite 81-49....

Those saying Humboldt's girls aren't the most athletically gifted team in the district don't know much...That doesn't mean they are the best team..That doesn't mean they will win the district....It means what it means....

The Humboldt/UC girls game will be a good one...UC is playing much like the boys team and are going 12 deep...