Dist 14a

JWhumboldt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not at the game.Humboldt thumped us.It is still early though.I was also impresse with Trenton,Greenfield,and Dresden at the games in Martin,so watch out for those teams also.We have a test in Dresden tues nite,so im looking to see how we respond to the Humboldt lost.

It took awhile but I think the UC girls got over the traumatic injury to friend and teammate Brittany Mitchell, who broke two bones and dislocated her ankle and had to be air-lifted to Jackson for surgery during the Humboldt game....UC got down 13-0 to USJ and trailed by as many as 18 in the 3rd quarter before rallying for a 50-44 victory Saturday morning @ Westview.....

Dresden looked good @ Westview and they will be a strong test for the Lady Tornadoes....

Dresden has a good team. Erica Glisson has developed into a good player. She had 42 with 9 three's against Dyersburg but they have several other players. I'm anxious to see how Union City/Dresden game comes out. Is it at Union City? If so it could go either way.

I knew she was lighting it up..I knew she had around 30 ..but 42 of her teams points..Dyersburg didn't have anyone that seemed to be able to stop her and I noticed that the player that was guarding her is on Rick Bolus's list..!I really enjoyed watching her play..May not like watching her as much next week against Lake Co though...lol !

Dresden has a good team. Erica Glisson has developed into a good player. She had 42 with 9 three's against Dyersburg but they have several other players. I'm anxious to see how Union City/Dresden game comes out. Is it at Union City? If so it could go either way.

Union City wins at Dresden tonite to go to and 4-1 overall...Dresden falls to and 3-3...

Final Score:

Union City-51

Dresden-43

LaBrica Ward scored 11 points to lead UC players....UC outscored Dresden 17-7 in the 4th quarter after being behind at every quarter break...

Glisson and another girl had 11 points apiece for Dresden...

The Jackets have lost another very close game. This was a defensive war. Of course, this is a huge rivalry in this part of the world. I wish that the Jackets could have pulled it out, but still, an OT loss to Gleason without our starting guard is not that bad of a loss. That's the 4th straight close loss for our girls, but they played extremely hard...hustled...played intense defense...but, just couldnt get the ball in the hoop when the game was on the line.

Both teams played very hard; the hustle and "want to" was evident. This is the poorest performance from Gleason I have seen thus far this season. I don't know how they won this game. One of their top scorers didn't score a basket that I remember. I don't know if nerves are to blame since Greenfield is such a rival, but it was obvious the Lady Dawgs hadn't played in a week. Gleason can thank defense for the win tonight because they were not up to par on the offensive end. Good luck the rest of the season to the Lady Jackets.

Union City wins at Dresden tonite to go to and 4-1 overall...Dresden falls to and 3-3...

Final Score:

Union City-51

Dresden-43

LaBrica Ward scored 11 points to lead UC players....UC outscored Dresden 17-7 in the 4th quarter after being behind at every quarter break...

Glisson and another girl had 11 points apiece for Dresden...

That's a good win at Dresden..I really thought Dresden may win this game ...A Lake Co friend that officiates told me he thought Humboldt boys and girls were the best teams that he'd seen so far..He officiated Humboldt twice and told me that Lake Co beats most teams by running and that Lake Co wouldn't be able to run by Humboldt..Lake Co won against South Fulton last night at South Fulton 47-29..and had they played anybody probably other than South Futon or maybe Halls...would have gotten blown out..At halftime,Lake Co was 1-17 from 3 point range..Don't know how they finished..Lake co also missed about 20 shots that were either layups or under the basket..!l

The Jackets have lost another very close game. This was a defensive war. Of course, this is a huge rivalry in this part of the world. I wish that the Jackets could have pulled it out, but still, an OT loss to Gleason without our starting guard is not that bad of a loss. That's the 4th straight close loss for our girls, but they played extremely hard...hustled...played intense defense...but, just couldnt get the ball in the hoop when the game was on the line.

Greenfield girls are right there...just not getting the wins...Going to be some tough games for everyone this year..Looks like anyone will be capable of beating anyone on a given night..The top place team may end up with 3 or 4 losses this year

That's a good win at Dresden..I really thought Dresden may win this game ...A Lake Co friend that officiates told me he thought Humboldt boys and girls were the best teams that he'd seen so far..He officiated Humboldt twice and told me that Lake Co beats most teams by running and that Lake Co wouldn't be able to run by Humboldt..Lake Co won against South Fulton last night at South Fulton 47-29..and had they played anybody probably other than South Futon or maybe Halls...would have gotten blown out..At halftime,Lake Co was 1-17 from 3 point range..Don't know how they finished..Lake co also missed about 20 shots that were either layups or under the basket..!l

That was the thought at UC that they would be able to run this year and use their depth in beating the Lady Vikes...We saw how that turned out...UC had played Jax S-S and Covington and blown them out..They had good athletes on those teams..Jax S-S is actually undefeated as they didn't count their HOC loss to the Lady Tornadoes...

South Fulton is going to struggle this year...They are down to 9 players with 4 of them being freshman and 2 being sophs....