Bledsoe Football

pikevol3354

Judging be what has been written on these boards and the talk around town, I have a question. Can people in Bledsoe County really support this team and the other sports teams right now? It seems that there are so many people mad at this coach or that coach, that they actually want them to lose so they can get someone else to replace them. I don't think this is just with football, it is with other sports too. If people can't get behind the kids and support them, they will not win. It is just that simple. I am not saying I have all the answers just asking a question. The truth is if a coach can not pull a community in around him and the communtiy will not support him, he won't be successful. I don't care who it is. Any thoughts?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging be what has been written on these boards and the talk around town, I have a question. Can people in Bledsoe County really support this team and the other sports teams right now? It seems that there are so many people mad at this coach or that coach, that they actually want them to lose so they can get someone else to replace them. I don't think this is just with football, it is with other sports too. If people can't get behind the kids and support them, they will not win. It is just that simple. I am not saying I have all the answers just asking a question. The truth is if a coach can not pull a community in around him and the communtiy will not support him, he won't be successful. I don't care who it is. Any thoughts?

I don't really think the few on this board reflects the attitude of the entire community, maybe they do? With where this program was the 5 years prior to Coach Roberson, it was next to impossible for him to turn the way of thinking around for the community, then throw in how he was hired, no interviews and that just piled more on Hubert, that was not really his fault, just as the Boynton 5 year span was not Hubert's fault. But it is what it is and I doubt Hubert would change much about the past even if he could, I mean this has to be his dream job, as a coach to be at your alma mater, and I definately do not blame him for taking it. He had an exceptional group of athletes last year and everyone thinks the team underachieved, this year he does not have as many athletes or seniors and the games are showing it, the group of seniors is small and if you take out the ones who have played all 4 years it gets even smaller.

As far as can the community support this team? Yes, we still put their butts in the seats at home games, when those home side bleachers are empty you will know you have lost all support, until then, Houston, you know as well as anyone else people are going to blame the coach for the bad, if they don't blame him who else is there? The kids? parents?, no, they are going to blame the coach and that's not going to change, it happens everywhere, it's just most places throw a winning season in there every couple or three years to kind of offset the bad.

From the folks I consider friends, there is 110% support to Hubert and all the coaching staff.

I see the work, effort and desire.....blood, sweat and tears....

At the end of the day, you can only please yourself.

There will always be "Nah-sayers" out there telling the world you are not good enough.

Envy and jealousy show their heads best when times are tough.

They are the worst of sins.

You, my friend, are upcoming Leaders.

I leave you with 2 quotes:

"Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile." Vince Lombardi

"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam."

Winston Churchill

Merely a fan of those who are trying to make a difference.

Polecat

"Merely a fan of those who are trying to make a difference."

That is a very powerful and profound statement. I don't know if that is an original quote or not, but I have never heard it before. Think about that for a moment and that is something we all should be, fans of those "trying to make a difference".

Thank you to whomever made that statement.

"Merely a fan of those who are trying to make a difference."

That is a very powerful and profound statement. I don't know if that is an original quote or not, but I have never heard it before. Think about that for a moment and that is something we all should be, fans of those "trying to make a difference".

Thank you to whomever made that statement.

It is an "Polecat" original.....!!!!

Keep the faith guys....

Polecat

all i can say is the last football coach that was here that won any at all .... was downed because he wasn't a " PEOPLE PERSON" "THE COMMUNITY DID'NT LIKE HIM"......well ...HE WON........i wasn't looking for a friend.....i wanted to see a football coach do his job......and he did.....fields looked great.....the teams won.....the young men were in shape.....and most teams and coaches respected him and his teams......and yet....it wasn't good enough....and no.....most people didn't like him.....but ask the players that played for him.......they did.......i wish we still had Coach Brown....the last real coach we've had.........

From the folks I consider friends, there is 110% support to Hubert and all the coaching staff.

I see the work, effort and desire.....blood, sweat and tears....

At the end of the day, you can only please yourself.

There will always be "Nah-sayers" out there telling the world you are not good enough.

Envy and jealousy show their heads best when times are tough.

They are the worst of sins.

You, my friend, are upcoming Leaders.

I leave you with 2 quotes:

"Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile." Vince Lombardi

"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam."

Winston Churchill

Merely a fan of those who are trying to make a difference.

Polecat

Thanks Polecat, you was wright on what you wrote, but all the hypocrites will not see it that way!

Thanks Polecat, you was wright on what you wrote, but all the hypocrites will not see it that way!

The last real coach that Bledose County had was Mr Brown and everyone had to run him off I remember his summer camps because he invited our team one year and it was a ball having 8 teams there to scrimmage each other, and yes JHOUTSIDER the fields then at Bledsoe county where amazing to see and his football team was always ready to play a 2a or a 5a team. When he left it went straight down HILL...

I support the team,coaches,players, 110% I have tried to stay positive and will continue to do so!

No matter what we as warrior fans have to forget about the past and look forward to the future,and if we as warrior fans will stay positive and support the team only good can come out sooner or later.

EVERY TOM,DICK AND HARRY can sit here and try to degrade and pick apart the wrongs and sow the wrong kind of seed that dont help anything at all! When hubert got the job he was in a bad spot from go. I think he has put alot of effort into improving things and if he never get content and keeps learning and putting forth the effort it requires he will turn things around. I really believe that!

I will say this if negative reaps negative! Positive reaps positive! We need to be positive those are big words but if the parents grandparents,uncles aunts,friends and so called warrior fans dont have anything good to say how are we ever gonna get players in the uniforms and butts in the bleachers!

IT IS TIME TO RALLY AROUND OUR YOUNG WARRIORS AND SHOW OUR SUPPORT AND WEAR OUR COLORS WITH THAT WONDERFUL WARRIOR PRIDE!

I support the kids from Seniors in High School all the way down to wee pee's playing for the Blue & Gold on Saturday Morning at the Roy D Greeson Field. I honestly think Hubert does not have the football knowledge to be a suscessful High School Coach & anyone that knows Football can look at last season and tell that. We go to Polk County he tries to make a TB out of a kid that is not a true TB, & tries to make the best TB we have had in several seasons a non running Blocking Back, this played on until Dunlap, PikeVol33 comes into play and switches the 2 around ( the logical solution to absoultly no running game) and wal- lah we win 4 or the next 6.......... Same thing this year, Pikevol done said Hubert has built his team around 1 superstar player, the same player he failed to make a superstar last year, and I never seen him cross the line in the Polk County Game again this year, go figure........ Not everyone will agree with any coach, but I guarentee you one thing go to the middle school game tommorrow night and write all the 8th grade kids name down, 65% of them will not be playing ball at BCHS is Hubert Roberson is the head coach, I know my kids won't...... People will not get on here & say it but it is one of the major topics between the parents around town, as a matter of fact when I picked up my boys less than a hour ago, 3 parents were saying the same thing I just printed..... Looks like if Hubert is still here Coach Barger will be getting some good talent at Sequatchie & that is a pitiful shame. As much as I dislike Sequatchie Co. & that has been drilled in our heads around here since wee pee football ourselves, I would rather my kid play ball for a football minded coach that knows the game & knows how to develop players into a better player in the weightroom & on the field, than Play 4 years for Hubert & not be a bit better off than he is playing for Chris Frady at the middle School. The way the program is headed, we will be lucky to win a game this season & next won't be much better until we get a coach that will play the best kid and the best position for that kid to play reguardless of where the kid lives, who is daddy is or knows, & what grade the kid is in. If a Freshman is better at a position than a 3 year starter Senior the freshman should play.... Until we get this along with a football minded coach we will be lucky to win 3 games a year & unfortunatly as long as Hubert Roberson is our coach we as Warrior Fans & our kids are subject to this consistant humiliation they & we as fans are currently experiencing each week.......

I support the kids from Seniors in High School all the way down to wee pee's playing for the Blue & Gold on Saturday Morning at the Roy D Greeson Field. I honestly think Hubert does not have the football knowledge to be a suscessful High School Coach & anyone that knows Football can look at last season and tell that. We go to Polk County he tries to make a TB out of a kid that is not a true TB, & tries to make the best TB we have had in several seasons a non running Blocking Back, this played on until Dunlap, PikeVol33 comes into play and switches the 2 around ( the logical solution to absoultly no running game) and wal- lah we win 4 or the next 6.......... Same thing this year, Pikevol done said Hubert has built his team around 1 superstar player, the same player he failed to make a superstar last year, and I never seen him cross the line in the Polk County Game again this year, go figure........ Not everyone will agree with any coach, but I guarentee you one thing go to the middle school game tommorrow night and write all the 8th grade kids name down, 65% of them will not be playing ball at BCHS is Hubert Roberson is the head coach, I know my kids won't...... People will not get on here & say it but it is one of the major topics between the parents around town, as a matter of fact when I picked up my boys less than a hour ago, 3 parents were saying the same thing I just printed..... Looks like if Hubert is still here Coach Barger will be getting some good talent at Sequatchie & that is a pitiful shame. As much as I dislike Sequatchie Co. & that has been drilled in our heads around here since wee pee football ourselves, I would rather my kid play ball for a football minded coach that knows the game & knows how to develop players into a better player in the weightroom & on the field, than Play 4 years for Hubert & not be a bit better off than he is playing for Chris Frady at the middle School. The way the program is headed, we will be lucky to win a game this season & next won't be much better until we get a coach that will play the best kid and the best position for that kid to play reguardless of where the kid lives, who is daddy is or knows, & what grade the kid is in. If a Freshman is better at a position than a 3 year starter Senior the freshman should play.... Until we get this along with a football minded coach we will be lucky to win 3 games a year & unfortunatly as long as Hubert Roberson is our coach we as Warrior Fans & our kids are subject to this consistant humiliation they & we as fans are currently experiencing each week.......

You appear to know a lot about the game.

How about "YOU" helping the program by sharing this knowledge and experience with the coaches?

Who knows, you may be able to help accomplish what everyone wants.....a program that is on the rise !

Polecat

IF you think sequatchie is the superior program then 'hi tail' it south! But if you do be positive and maybe just maybe you might be able to use your knowledge for the betterment of their program!

Oh but you will have to change your screen name to SEQUATCHIE CO INDIAN. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />