Privates going DII?

NonUTFan

The Z Plan is the next nail in the coffin for alot of the schools in Middle Tennessee. CPA, DCA, ... were 1A, the multiplier put them in 2A, Z-Plan takes them to 3A. That makes ift very difficult for a high school of 275-300 to compete. Your district in this area has you with 4 4A schools you have to play every year and 3 3A schools. If you don't beat the other 2 3A schools you can get left out of the playoffs. Forget this multiplier, z-plan and lets play football. Any school can work the system to get an advantage if they want. I wonder how many high school kids "relocate" to play at Alcoa.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Z Plan is the next nail in the coffin for alot of the schools in Middle Tennessee. CPA, DCA, ... were 1A, the multiplier put them in 2A, Z-Plan takes them to 3A. That makes ift very difficult for a high school of 275-300 to compete. Your district in this area has you with 4 4A schools you have to play every year and 3 3A schools. If you don't beat the other 2 3A schools you can get left out of the playoffs. Forget this multiplier, z-plan and lets play football. Any school can work the system to get an advantage if they want. I wonder how many high school kids "relocate" to play at Alcoa.

They don't have to relocate do they. Don't they have open zoned schools there?

I think you will definetly see CPA go DII within the next 3 years.

I just got email from USJ's Board of Directors that USJ is going DII starting in 2009. It also says that numerous other Privates are getting ready to make the same move. I have mixed feelings as a parent, because I understand both sides of the argument. I don't know any "Fair for Everyone" options though. Anyways, its a done deal now.

They don't have to relocate do they. Don't they have open zoned schools there?

Alcoa, pay $500 and anyone can go there. It's like a private/public school but they don't get hit with the 1.8 multiplier. Level playing field anyone?

If they made Alcoa and Maryville use a 1.2 - 1.8 multiplier, do you think they would still win it every year?