Lincoln Co. vs Cumberland Co

cchssoccer

Lincoln Co 53

Cumberland Co 3

At half-time, the score was 14-3... Bless Cumberland Co. boys hearts...What happened?

13 players missed practice on Labor Day and were not allowed to play...

We were told when we arrived that C.C. had several players that were suspended for the game for missing practice on Monday (labor day) and I'm sure that hurt them some. We turned the ball over a couple of times early and not to mention 10 or 11 penalities in the first half alone that really hurt us, but, we regrouped at the half and got back on track in the second half.

I agree with you, "Bless their hearts" because they never gave up and tried their best until the very end but they are still young at several key positions and will get better as the year goes on.

Good luck to C.C. the rest of the year!

My son is a senior, and I told him before the game...play like it is 0-0 every single sec. He sure did! When a teen age boy is faced with physical and psycological adversity with no immediate, or in this case no long term reward and they choose to never give up....that is success! What a game #7 Ethan Spitler! Cannot wait to see the stats for the tackles! You never want hardship or defeat to happen to your own child, but I believe there is a bigger picture. To never..never give up is a true blessing. These boys know how to get up and keep going when all else fails. We are learning quite a bit about life...It's not fair, but it is what you choose to do about it that makes all the difference in the world!

GO JETS!

My son is a senior, and I told him before the game...play like it is 0-0 every single sec. He sure did! When a teen age boy is faced with physical and psycological adversity with no immediate, or in this case no long term reward and they choose to never give up....that is success! What a game #7 Ethan Spitler! Cannot wait to see the stats for the tackles! You never want hardship or defeat to happen to your own child, but I believe there is a bigger picture. To never..never give up is a true blessing. These boys know how to get up and keep going when all else fails. We are learning quite a bit about life...It's not fair, but it is what you choose to do about it that makes all the difference in the world!

GO JETS!

Well said!