Cloudland vs. Chucky Doak

Bluengoldblood

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you're working so hard. AND even using your own screen name!

Get off the computer and do some work slacker! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The only time I get on here is when I dont have students, I cant help it if I have a lot of breaks in my other wise very busy day! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yoakum, you better shape up or you might see the wrong end of the skillet tonight! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tcpioneer, West Greene might actually win several games this year. I know one of them will be against C-D (what a retarded name /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) One would indeed have to open their mind and realize West Greene is improved and the Highlanders are no longer a state powerhouse. Our boys will have to work hard to win every game they are in this year. There are no sad years up here. I've had a blast grilling out before the game and drinking Dr. Enufs and chatting with coaches. All you can give is your best and go home and be happy. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yoakum, you better shape up or you might see the wrong end of the skillet tonight! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tcpioneer, West Greene might actually win several games this year. I know one of them will be against C-D (what a retarded name /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) One would indeed have to open their mind and realize West Greene is improved and the Highlanders are no longer a state powerhouse. Our boys will have to work hard to win every game they are in this year. There are no sad years up here. I've had a blast grilling out before the game and drinking Dr. Enufs and chatting with coaches. All you can give is your best and go home and be happy. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

King she knows better, she would hit me with a golf club! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> As for this game I do believe that the Buffs will take care of the Knights. And keep their heads up on the Roan you all will still be in the mix at the end of the year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

King she knows better, she would hit me with a golf club! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> As for this game I do believe that the Buffs will take care of the Knights. And keep their heads up on the Roan you all will still be in the mix at the end of the year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

in the mix at the end is right. We've got 5 very winable games, then grace and hampton.

yes...WG is much improved from what i hear (thanks to the Coach Case)..however CD.. (btw ...awesome school name..) is too and they have the same kids playing that whipped them last year. I think The Cloudland vs CD game and the WG vs CD game will be tight. Turnovers will likely decide both of them. Im taking the Black Knights...just my opinion.

Cloudland has a bad taste in their mouth. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" They have a lot of seniors on this team that I thought would win the conference this year before the season started. No way they will let C D smack them around. I say Cloudland by 14 or more. Show some pride, Highlanders.

I can't see Cloudland losing to CD. If they do, its going to be a sad year in Roan Mt.

lol,its already a sad year in roan mtn. pujo.I guess avery was as bad as everyone said cause we aint done much since that game.As far as I'm concerned Cloudland football died when your brother left.our 11 coaches don't even know how to use the talent we have now,heck we don't even hit in practice anymore and if you aint a sr. or jr. you won't see much playing time no matter how good you are.its more about who you are than what you can do.

Cuda, my friend, I want to believe in the guys we have now. Don't change your tune just because we've lost the last 2 games. You can blame the Cloudland administration for running coach Lunsford off. They didn't think he would leave, but he didn't let the door hit him in the butt on the way out. If I painted the field for 15 years then all of a sudden someone told me I couldn't, I would leave too. But I want everyone else to understand that just because he's gone doesn't mean there is not another great coach who can lead us. I think Robbie has his priorities right. He was behind our pastor having prayer before the game the other night. He is running a tight ship with Christian leadership. He doesn't allow the filth and gutter talk that used to come out of players mouths before he took over. I admire the stand he is taking and I think the Lord will reward him in the long run. We don't have the size and talent we used to have. I don't think Lunsford would have done any better with these kids than Robbie. I'm thankful for what coach Lunsford done for Cloudland football, but this poor ole horse has been beat to death. It was time to move on 5 years ago. Bad mouthing our staff on here will not help our situation at Cloudland. It only creates discouragement. More than anything, I think they need help. There are many good football minds in Roan Mt. who could help them. Please take what I say to heart, I think I"m right on this one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cuda, my friend, I want to believe in the guys we have now. Don't change your tune just because we've lost the last 2 games. You can blame the Cloudland administration for running coach Lunsford off. They didn't think he would leave, but he didn't let the door hit him in the butt on the way out. If I painted the field for 15 years then all of a sudden someone told me I couldn't, I would leave too. But I want everyone else to understand that just because he's gone doesn't mean there is not another great coach who can lead us. I think Robbie has his priorities right. He was behind our pastor having prayer before the game the other night. He is running a tight ship with Christian leadership. He doesn't allow the filth and gutter talk that used to come out of players mouths before he took over. I admire the stand he is taking and I think the Lord will reward him in the long run. We don't have the size and talent we used to have. I don't think Lunsford would have done any better with these kids than Robbie. I'm thankful for what coach Lunsford done for Cloudland football, but this poor ole horse has been beat to death. It was time to move on 5 years ago. Bad mouthing our staff on here will not help our situation at Cloudland. It only creates discouragement. More than anything, I think they need help. There are many good football minds in Roan Mt. who could help them. Please take what I say to heart, I think I"m right on this one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

zaZa90 ,I don't want to make things worse and I don't have a thing against robbie and I also want to believe in his coaching abilities,I even admire his intentions.God knows we need more like that.I just find it hard to believe that we have so much talent and won't give them a chance.we're not West Virginia or whoever they copied our offense from we're just a little 1-A school and I don't think its all the kids fault if they don't understand how the offense works I really don't think the spread is going to work for us if we don't use every tool that we have.its a good offense but I don't know if we are really buying into it.I try very hard just to bite my tongue every week cause i know the players read this.as far as lunsford goes I give respect where it is due cause I think he earned it.I really hope that robbie or somebody else can bring our program back to that level,and I don't enjoy bashing coaches and don't want to step on somebody's toes but someone needs to open their eyes a bit,if it takes a little criticism then so be it,I don't mean anything personal by it and I'll still support our team no matter what. peace out brother

I've studied the spread for a long time. I agree, they are not using it to its full effectiveness, but we're not the coaches. From my point of view, we cannot run the power I or any offense from a double tight end set because we are too small up front. We can't just line up like we used to and slam the A and B gaps. If you look at it with an open mind, most of Lunsford's coaching strength was motivation. He really doesn't have that much more knowledge than a lot of the other coaches in this area. He just got his guys to play hard. Having 300 lb. lineman along with Mr. Football's Mark Byrd and Dane Christman made his job a lot easier. An opposing coach can watch film all day and put 8 men in the box, but those big ole boys from Cloudland could tell the other team what they were going to do and follow through with it. We had the talent and power to impose our will on every team in the area. Now things are different. With smaller lineman and less talent, we have to be more unpredictable. We have to spread the field and make teams honor the pass and in the backfield you have to use the option of the quarterback running or handing off to the tail back. If you'll watch closely on Randall's big runs, the defensive line has already penetrated to the point of attack and the fake to Tipton allows him to bust through for big gains with those D-lineman already behind him. I feel like every time we get single coverage, we need to throw the football deep or quick slants. We need to mix it up more. When you are in 3rd and 12 situations, running the ball is out of the question. They messed up in the second quarter when they had Houstma in single coverage against No. 5. Coach Yoakum's nerves would have been shot had we connected with the passes we did against Avery. For some reason, we didn't run the same routes. We had the Vikings on their toes all night and eventhough they are not the team Cosby is, I feel like we would have had them burned at least once before that great defensive coach would have adjusted. With all that being said, the Spread is a tremendous offense and I feel if the talent level ever gets back to where it was at Cloudland, defensive coordinators will be losing lots of sleep. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

zAZa90,I think thats one of our biggest problems is we are too predictable,we don't throw the ball enough and when you don't throw our opponents know exactly where the ball is going.yes I have noticed that randall's big runs have come after the fake but he can't do it every play and we can't rely on the run so much if we are going to run the spread also I believe the coaches need to do a better job of play calling and get some new faces in the game to keep the other side guessing where its going.I'm not a football guru but I know the basics and we just aint running it like we should be.I do believe we have the talent though we just don't have the size up front.right now we're not making our opponents honor the pass cause they know we can't throw under pressure and will resort to the running game and all they have to do is contain tipton and randall.we need to show them something different each week instead of the same old plays.my biggest problem with the coaching is we don't use our underclassmen enough til late in the game or we just use them on kick offs and special teams.I don't remember seeing the morgan kid get the ball til the 4th quarter and I think he could have made a difference also think that matt cole is a better linebacker that kid can hit hard but only sees limited playing time.thats one thing I always liked about lunsford he would play a freshman if they could get the job done.who cares if we aren't a sr. oriented team,heck we made it to the boro once with a mostly sophmore team .I just think we should make better use of what we have.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Player of the Year is selected from the state championship team. Mr. Baseball is selected from all teams. 
    • Coach you have a nice prize to wear!         https://fb.watch/sawAhYWhgj/   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=79!  24011444328424&set=p.7924011444328424&type=3&av=100001589421439&eav=AfadioohtnZNQy-vVnXq06az2GqJPZy3Y9joqOBQqRFGvkVtD2OI7pZhcBy6ixvhG0w&__cft__[0]=AZVNVV5aVzYZ_AMN0gXeHg_JX-gQ7BCacySYGzQG6E7y92gjlBNFlwTT7g_zHH4dbQb9gsKNs5PWEMVTtmCD5FSopv-E7B4CB6qqQFHNCpNZI7JhMJFoJobnRhip-goK8lAHPw2sCJowK0o7uUpF1CEllHEmS5PaKfIrJf4vCXiBCdfUS0OMqZf7zpWsQjCfOGM0QjysLp8ynDd7-dpedtiC6KPF37hKkRM9iG4DrSpvxQ&__tn__=R]-R
    • The people need our help!
    • Lol when was last time they won region or got past the 3 rd round. 
    • Gravedigger gotta finish filling the hole before hitting 40 East. May need a new Yellow Shirt play signaler on the Stones. And apparently a new strength coach now. Cicadas must've got shaken out of the bushes in Donelson. Hopefully the mower man sticks around to keep DG field looking pristine. Maybe new OC can call in a favor to his PGA friends that knows a thing or two about being green during the season. The heat is on soon. Bring in the 2 way freak Iceman and cool things off. He knows a thing or 2 about wildcats. Gotta take our talents South soon for Nationals. Don't step on my blue suede shoes.