MBA vs Hillsboro

whoisjeff

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, but we can play good without them with them will can play even better tho and greg young tore it up too bad they didnt win

I like Greg, but he must improve his decision making. The o-line played solid and #24 on the blitz protection was excellent. Great game, one of those games you hate to see someone lose. HHS defense was much improve. If HHS continues to make these type of improvements, I see a trip to MTSU in December.

I like Greg, but he must improve his decision making. The o-line played solid and #24 on the blitz protection was excellent. Great game, one of those games you hate to see someone lose. HHS defense was much improve. If HHS continues to make these type of improvements, I see a trip to MTSU in December.

I always liked greg

Yes I was seeing that too, he ran the same plays 3 times to the same WR.

MBA was blitzing every down, and the QB was taking beating, he was getting knocked down on every throw, and looked like he was playing on 1 leg. He was really having to get rid of the ball quick, and he didn't have time to sit back and chose receivers. That is why I called the kid a warrior earlier. I thought he played great.

Soloman, sorry if I offended you. I don't know what it was exactly, digging at Maryville's schedule, or dogging the ref's? Both deserve comments. Maryville just not here and I apologized for bringing it up.

I think it is a fair question in that regard, but I would say you could still consider it a rivalry (at least moreso if they continue to play regularly). They are still neighborhood schools, not unlike Hillwood and Hillsboro or Hillsboro and Overton. Granted, I think you are largely right that MBA gets boys from everywhere across the midstate. Therefore, the two teams' players probably don't know each other in the same regard.

Hillsboro couldnt stop Maryville on their way to 64-0

Hats off to Hillsboro, they never quit. I thought we would own the 4th quarter the way we pushed Hillsboro's defense around early. MBA should have been up 28-0 early. Hillsboro fought back and made it a game in the 4th quarter. That quarterback is a warrior, nice arm too. Both teams had guys cramping up, I hate to see that but it was a was humid night.

I will be interested in asking Coach McGugin on Tuesday if the after watching the film if this game was as badly officiated as it appeared watching it from the stands. I'm still not sure that Hillsboro didn't get 4 time outs in the 1st half. The clock didn't work in the first half, and the officials seemed lost about half the time. I'm not sure that Eric Gordon was in bounds on the first touchdown, and there was a long pass on one of Hillsboro's drives in the 4th quarter that was ruled complete that clearly skipped off the ground. Then when Hillsboro got the ball back with about a minute to go in the game they made a first down and the clock never stopped. They probably lost 20 or 30 seconds there. The guy with the down marker looked like he had never done it before and was lost most of the night. I hate to see officials screw up what other wise was a great game. I hope MBA and Hillsboro can renew the contract. I would love to see them play every year. Who knows, some of the other "powerhouses" around the state might decide to schedule some tough non-region games. Are you listening Maryville and Ensworth?

Once again congratulations to Hillsboro for a tough, tough ballgame. Good luck the rest of the season.

Hats off to Hillsboro, they never quit. I thought we would own the 4th quarter the way we pushed Hillsboro's defense around early. MBA should have been up 28-0 early. Hillsboro fought back and made it a game in the 4th quarter. That quarterback is a warrior, nice arm too. Both teams had guys cramping up, I hate to see that but it was a was humid night.

I will be interested in asking Coach McGugin on Tuesday if the after watching the film if this game was as badly officiated as it appeared watching it from the stands. I'm still not sure that Hillsboro didn't get 4 time outs in the 1st half. The clock didn't work in the first half, and the officials seemed lost about half the time. I'm not sure that Eric Gordon was in bounds on the first touchdown, and there was a long pass on one of Hillsboro's drives in the 4th quarter that was ruled complete that clearly skipped off the ground. Then when Hillsboro got the ball back with about a minute to go in the game they made a first down and the clock never stopped. They probably lost 20 or 30 seconds there. The guy with the down marker looked like he had never done it before and was lost most of the night. I hate to see officials screw up what other wise was a great game. I hope MBA and Hillsboro can renew the contract. I would love to see them play every year. Who knows, some of the other "powerhouses" around the state might decide to schedule some tough non-region games. Are you listening Maryville and Ensworth?

Once again congratulations to Hillsboro for a tough, tough ballgame. Good luck the rest of the season.

With regard to the officiating, I can hear the late Mr. Rogers of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood saying, "Can you say INCOMPETENT?"

Hated to miss this game; sounded like a great one. Unfortunately, some of the text messages I was getting during the game Friday didn't arrive until late Friday night Eastern time, and I knew the game was tight late; I was on pins and needles to say the least looking for a final. Anyway, does anyone have total team stats for the game? I checked The Tennessean article online tonight when I got home and didn't see any.

Hillsboro has had two tough losses. I know what MBA has, and Franklin is the best 5A team I have seen to date this year. I am sure the experience of playing in two tight games with those two title contenders will prepare Hillsboro well for the playoffs and a potential matchup with that monster in Maryville.

On a side note, just got back from the Titans game in Cincinnati. It sure was nice to return to Paul Brown Stadium and relish the Moeller victory again. Moeller is averaging 35 points a game outside of the MBA game, so MBA's defensive performance in that game looks even better now. Anyway, it was nice to hear some complimentary comments about MBA from some of the locals. Ohioans can be very picky about what they consider good high school football, and although Moeller still has some of its tougher opponents left in the schedule, to a man, the few fans I talked to were very impressed with MBA - high praise from a hard-to-wow group of fans.

The Herbstreit gang is starting to put together the 2009 USA opponents. It doesn't appear that they have invited repeat teams in the past, and I'm not sure if they will even get a Tennessee team for the 2009 series. Nevertheless, I am with KWoodroof - I'd like to see a team like Maryville represent Tennessee, because I think they would represent the state well, and I would think a team that potentially may have a 75-game winning streak and five straight titles would be an attractive target.

Hated to miss this game; sounded like a great one. Unfortunately, some of the text messages I was getting during the game Friday didn't arrive until late Friday night Eastern time, and I knew the game was tight late; I was on pins and needles to say the least looking for a final. Anyway, does anyone have total team stats for the game? I checked The Tennessean article online tonight when I got home and didn't see any.

Hillsboro has had two tough losses. I know what MBA has, and Franklin is the best 5A team I have seen to date this year. I am sure the experience of playing in two tight games with those two title contenders will prepare Hillsboro well for the playoffs and a potential matchup with that monster in Maryville.

On a side note, just got back from the Titans game in Cincinnati. It sure was nice to return to Paul Brown Stadium and relish the Moeller victory again. Moeller is averaging 35 points a game outside of the MBA game, so MBA's defensive performance in that game looks even better now. Anyway, it was nice to hear some complimentary comments about MBA from some of the locals. Ohioans can be very picky about what they consider good high school football, and although Moeller still has some of its tougher opponents left in the schedule, to a man, the few fans I talked to were very impressed with MBA - high praise from a hard-to-wow group of fans.

The Herbstreit gang is starting to put together the 2009 USA opponents. It doesn't appear that they have invited repeat teams in the past, and I'm not sure if they will even get a Tennessee team for the 2009 series. Nevertheless, I am with KWoodroof - I'd like to see a team like Maryville represent Tennessee, because I think they would represent the state well, and I would think a team that potentially may have a 75-game winning streak and five straight titles would be an attractive target.

[/quote

I posted that same idea on another board (32 best teams in the state), and I was told that Maryville would not play in the Herbstreit, because it is scheduled for the same date they play Alcoa

I posted that same idea on another board (32 best teams in the state), and I was told that Maryville would not play in the Herbstreit, because it is scheduled for the same date they play Alcoa

*sighs*

They were on the same date this year......

Let me put Maryville/Alcoa in perspective for you......

Think MBA/BA......but add approximately 50 years to how long the game has been played.

Got it?

Good.