Tell me people Central or Sequoyah

sportsman88

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just stop an take your computer bak to wallmart son you already know better than that central 56 too the goose egg 0

Come on you folks, be humble and show some respect for Sequoyah. Those kids have been through a lot and I for one really admire these kids for coming together, regrouping and playing competitive football. See you in Madisonville friday night Chiefs!

Come on you folks, be humble and show some respect for Sequoyah. Those kids have been through a lot and I for one really admire these kids for coming together, regrouping and playing competitive football. See you in Madisonville friday night Chiefs!

I will second that motion! Act like you been there before. Don't give anyone any bulletin board stuff because at some point in time it WILL come back to bite you or some future Chargers! Wish them well, safe play and have fun doing it. Go Blue!

Most of the kids at central now do not remember when we were everyone's door-mat. I have not missed a football game in the last 6 years, and until last year, we were everyone's homecoming game, because they were sure to beat us. Times have changed now, but don't foget where you came from. Central was the favorite to win against Seq. 2 years ago and got beat pretty bad, better not take them lightly this friday. Central 38- Seq. 7

Thanks OldSchoolCharger and elhosel. You guys have the right attitude. Your team is good enough. The attitude should be-go in kick butt and leave and let everyone left in the wake talk about how impressive your team was.

It always sounds better when other people brag on a team anyway. South Pitt fans had nothing but good things to say about your team and many more will do the same if the select few will quit trashing and disrespecting all the other programs.

To the Central fans that deserve the respect: Hope Friday night gives you your money's worth and all your athletes play injury free. After Friday night, good luck with your season and I personally hope Central, along with the 3 other region teams, make a lot of noise in the playoffs.

By the way, your youth league has been bragged about since their trip to Vonore. Everyone has talked about the respect that everyone showed for the facilities and the respect both Vonore and Central coaches showed toward each other. If you don't mind, pass that along to them. It looks like Central has some good talent coming up for the future also.

Well if they quit playing polotics in Monroe county hopefully he can stay. There has been a "few"(school board) that want to micromanage every thing, and then you have people(who want to feel important and act like they swing a big stick and they know this and they know that) that have played for this guy and that guy so they get in the ear of those on the school board,,, who want to micromanage the system. Luckly I think we have cycled through about anybody living they could recomend. They need to let the people havinig to work with said coaches everyday do the hiring. So hopefully Coach Satterfield can have a long run. Wouldn't you agree with all that SID

I don't post here very often but do find the communication entertaining and sometimes amusing. Being raised between Vonore and Madisonville and graduating with the Tornadoes clan in '82, I have deep acquaintances with both towns (friends/family). I have read this negativity so much that I just have to throw in my .02.

Some how some way we have got to get this behind us in order to move on. Remembering back to my years as a Tornado, this rhetoric was not around and there was PRIDE in our schools (Madisonville and Vonore). The ???town pride??? just is not there right now. There are so many ???Athletes??? walking the halls of both schools that basically don??™t go out for sports because of all of the negativity and bias in our past systems at SQHS. We as parents and community leaders have created this and it will be us that eventually finish it if we have any hope to have a good program in the future. I am just hoping to see the pride return before my last son enters high school. I played against Coach Satterfield and think he is a much talented and respected coach and I stand behind him fully.

Go Chiefs!!!!

V. Bowers

I don't post here very often but do find the communication entertaining and sometimes amusing. Being raised between Vonore and Madisonville and graduating with the Tornadoes clan in '82, I have deep acquaintances with both towns (friends/family). I have read this negativity so much that I just have to throw in my .02.

Some how some way we have got to get this behind us in order to move on. Remembering back to my years as a Tornado, this rhetoric was not around and there was PRIDE in our schools (Madisonville and Vonore). The ???town pride??? just is not there right now. There are so many ???Athletes??? walking the halls of both schools that basically don??™t go out for sports because of all of the negativity and bias in our past systems at SQHS. We as parents and community leaders have created this and it will be us that eventually finish it if we have any hope to have a good program in the future. I am just hoping to see the pride return before my last son enters high school. I played against Coach Satterfield and think he is a much talented and respected coach and I stand behind him fully.

Go Chiefs!!!!

V. Bowers

I sure can't disagree with much of that. Good post.

Go Chiefs!!!!

V. Bowers

Great post and I would have to say I agree totally. Whats past is past, so focus on the present and the future.

Well Dave, I really don't know how to take this. Most everything that you have said is what some have accused me of doing, so I'm not sure if that is the direction your throwing that or not. If not, sorry I read it that way. As far as how a coach is hired, I do believe there should at least be input sought from the coaches that would be remaining with any staff, at the very least.

I just want to be clear one last time, I never played for coach Satterfield, unfortunately. I never recommended his hiring. I was asked what I thought about him and I gave my opinion based on his combined coaching experience at Vonore, Greenback, and Grace Christian. If that got him hired, then so be it, but like I said before, I do not believe I weild that much power. I was for him the first three times he applied and was told by the last Director of Schools that he would never coach at Sequoyah as long as he and the principal were there. That is when I gave my OPINION to him of Ronnie Summey. The only time I have been to the BOE was to attend a school board meeting and take my wife out to get signed up as a substitute teacher and occasionally pick up her check. So when RedChief posted that I had been seen at "Oak Grove" and accused me of strong arming Mike Lowry, that was totally false. The only conversations I have had with Mr. Lowry since his hiring have been to congratulate him on his hiring and one other time to let him know that I was attending classes to one day become a teacher. He is one of my former teachers (I know this will go over real well) and I just wanted to update him on what one of his former students was doing.

The politics in Monroe County have never been worth bragging about, and that is just my opinion.

I simply was responding to the question of coaching stability at Sequoyah a thread you also had responded to. You had responded and I was curious to your thoughts on what I had said. Your involvement I never questioned???? You said you were ask your opinion and then you said you only talk to Lowry twice about something else? I am confused?

I simply was responding to the question of coaching stability at Sequoyah a thread you also had responded to. You had responded and I was curious to your thoughts on what I had said. Your involvement I never questioned???? You said you were ask your opinion and then you said you only talk to Lowry twice about something else? I am confused?

Why don't you guys move this discussion to your Sequoyah thread. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

if i am correct and i think i am. . .wasn't it sequoyah who celebrated by dumping water on the coach on the field two years ago while central had a player down. . .just a reminder to some of you players who got your butt handed to you two years ago

No one knew you had a player injured! It was down at the goal line, out of bounds on the other side of the field. So you are incorrect.

I was asked my opinion by someone other than Mr. Lowry.

I guess I was being defensive because of the accusations that I have to defend against even to this day. For that I apologize, but you know just as well as anybody (not knocking you just meaning you know how I feel) that you can only take so much of someone making accusations and trying to attack your character, that sometimes you read to much into something that is simply put.

As far as the coaching stability, I do agree 100%, there hasn't been any stability. Coach Staff for 2 years, Meadows for 2, Smith 1, Kerley 4, Holloway 2, Summey 1, and now Satterfield. Kerley has been the only one that was given any amount of time. For lack of better terms, I think it has been a joke, and that is why we have to defend our program against others in the region, because it has become a laughing stock. I hate that more than anything, because I coached some of those kids in youth league, and I want to stand up for them. Some I didn't coach, but I still admire them and appreciate the athletes they have become. I, for one, was too critical of Elisha last year and after watching some game films over again, realized that fact. This year, I have been one of the first to applaud him, he has done a wonderful job as have the rest when you factor in that they have had to learn three different offenses in three years and still continue to adapt.

And just so I cover all the bases, the opinion I gave to the one that asked for it was this: Bill Satterfield was a good coach at Vonore who went on to Greenback and in 20+ years only had 2-3 losing seasons if that. Won a state championship in 1987, went to Grace Christian Academy in Knoxville and started a program from scratch and in the 2 years there, was in the playoffs both times. Has good people skills and enjoys coaching football. If he was willing to commit to 5 years or more, then I thought he would be a good hire. If he wasn't willing, we didn't need him and probably need to find a young coach who is willing to put the time in necessary to building a program. I also said that everyone I have known from the three schools that he coached at that had played for him or been around the programs, liked him, and had nothing but good things to say about him and his coaching abilities. The conversation ended.