Rankings For Week of 9/8-9/14

mjuhb

I guess news travel fast, we will play our first home game on the field tomorrow weather permitting, its dimension is 115X75, the parents and the players worked on the field all summer long, we still have some challenges, but for the first year we are extremely greatful and proud of the new field

I guess news travel fast, we will play our first home game on the field tomorrow weather permitting, its dimension is 115X75, the parents and the players worked on the field all summer long, we still have some challenges, but for the first year we are extremely greatfull and proud of the new field.

Congratulations soccerCoach. You have a right to be proud, I think.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess news travel fast, we will play our first home game on the field tomorrow weather permitting, its dimension is 115X75, the parents and the players worked on the field all summer long, we still have some challenges, but for the first year we are extremely greatful and proud of the new field.

congrats to karns that is awesome. good luck and get a win on the new field

Karns has a decent team, but before you give them much hype let them play West or Oak Ridge. They did tie Halls this week, which is Not a premier level High School Team.

Sorry. Did not mean to cause a stink.

My point was not to hype Oak Ridge, West OR Karns. Pick any three teams that you want that are not in the top 10 that have won a game.

The argument to my earlier post (or so I thought) was that Shelbyville was in the Top 10 due to who they had played. Smyrna was used in that argument. While Smyrna will be a good team, they couldn't advance the ball past the midline against Oak Ridge in the scrimmage that I saw. The point to my post (obviously made poorly) was how do a handfull of good losses and ties put you ahead of teams that have found ways to win games. Surely there are teams in the top 11...25 (I'm not trying to put any team in that position) that have a winning record against good teams.

As in my earlier post, just my opinion and the games will shake out the rankings. And I did not mean to offend Master MJUHB in any way.

Edit because I always mispell MJUHB.

Speaking of Karns, apparently they now have a dedicated soccer pitch after years of playing on the football field. Congratulations Karns players, coaches, parents, administrators, and supporters assuming this is true. Anyone have the scoop on how this was accomplished?

per the coach.....

1. A desire on the part of the club ( in this case, a high school)

2. A group of people who wish to do what they can to help out the club

3. A "can-do" attitude.

4. See 1-3 above.

another school validates "the little engine that could" theory.

Congratulations coach and great job to all the parents. players and the local community. You will have great pride in your field and that will grow into your program. It feels better to have been "a part of it" than to have it handed to you in the palm of your hand.

Hoping to hear more of these stories this year.

i know alot of hard work goes into putting this together. i just wanted to thank you for doing an exceptional job and giving us all something to talk about. don't know of anyone that could do a better job. i think sometimes we forget it when we give you a hard time about who should be where. glad you are thick skinned because the soccer boards would not be near as much fun without your rankings. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I think this is supposed to read:

Dear Master MJUHB:

i know alot of hard work goes into putting this together. i just wanted to thank you for doing an exceptional job and giving us all something to talk about. don't know of anyone that could do a better job. i think sometimes we forget it when we give you a hard time about who should be where. glad you are thick skinned because the soccer boards would not be near as much fun without your rankings. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Sorry. Did not mean to cause a stink.

My point was not to hype Oak Ridge, West OR Karns. Pick any three teams that you want that are not in the top 10 that have won a game.

The argument to my earlier post (or so I thought) was that Shelbyville was in the Top 10 due to who they had played. Smyrna was used in that argument. While Smyrna will be a good team, they couldn't advance the ball past the midline against Oak Ridge in the scrimmage that I saw. The point to my post (obviously made poorly) was how do a handfull of good losses and ties put you ahead of teams that have found ways to win games. Surely there are teams in the top 11...25 (I'm not trying to put any team in that position) that have a winning record against good teams.

As in my earlier post, just my opinion and the games will shake out the rankings. And I did not mean to offend Master MJUHB in any way.

Edit because I always mispell MJUHB.

I guess you only meant to offend little Shelbyville. They have a good program and they play everybody. Give them a little credit. Lost all those seniors, but here they are in the top 10. New goalie too.

I guess you only meant to offend little Shelbyville. They have a good program and they play everybody. Give them a little credit. Lost all those seniors, but here they are in the top 10. New goalie too.

You caught me. I am a Shelbyville hater. I drive 40 min out of my way so I don't have to go through the town. Send hate mail to all my friends that live there. I really don't like the walking horse thing either. While I am at it, let me confess to not liking Siegel, Riverdale, Smyrna.... who else have I asked a question about over the past 5 years..... oh yeah, I guess I am not fond of Bearden, D-B, BA, Oak Ridge, JPII, Ooltewah, Franklin, Brentwood, Tullahoma...

I give up. To have an opinion, I guess I will offend someone.

I wish Shelbyville the best. I hope the young ladies have a season to remember.

per the coach.....

1. A desire on the part of the club ( in this case, a high school)

2. A group of people who wish to do what they can to help out the club

3. A "can-do" attitude.

4. See 1-3 above.

another school validates "the little engine that could" theory.

Congratulations coach and great job to all the parents. players and the local community. You will have great pride in your field and that will grow into your program. It feels better to have been "a part of it" than to have it handed to you in the palm of your hand.

Hoping to hear more of these stories this year.

Had a chance to bring our girls over for a scrimmage this preseason and while i hated the result, That karns group has done a great job of getting behind the program and giving them a nice facility. It wasn't perfect, but the turf will only get nicer, and they mentioned they can expand it and it is a soccer field, so It will survive much better than the shared fields. I was really impressed and a bit jealous. Well done.