Dyer County vs. McNairy Central

adsmom86

We have a son that played an entire season with a torn ACL,injured it the first game of the season,and went on to college to play ,but re-injured it the 2nd week of practice. Neither me or my wife or the Dr. made the decision on whether he would play or have surgery,we left it up to him,we couldnt make a decision like that about his future.He has went on to college and has began a career in mixed martial arts,and is turning pro by the end of the year,so Payton,if you read this good luck son, and stay strong,also pop13 you have a good son,and i wish all the kids at DC good luck T,s dad

Thats great.......perhaps I overstated my case. I can only speak from my sons expierence and it was not a good one. Noway my son could have played any sport. My son boxed and is a martial arts instructor in the Marine Corp..he is a brown belt and hopes to get his black belt within the next two or three months......they do a little MMA on the side but not at a pro level. Where is your son training? I would love to have the opportunity to see him. Good luck to your son......I hope he does well in MMA!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choctaw73 and I discussed this earlier tonight ( Glad to hear OLD #33 is laying the wood to them at Lambuth).....And YOU KNOW THIS IS HIS SENIOR YEAR...HE has waited two years for the starting job...A FINER KID YOU WILL NOT MEET...( He has been to the house on a few occasions..YES SIR..NO SIR..MISTER...HE WILL LOOK YOU IN THE EYE WHEN HE TALKS TO YOU...HE IS A FINE YOUNG MAN OR SEEMS TO ME TO BE......but in the GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS...Some of these coaches and FANS...want to WIN .....And in LONG RUN It ISN"T WORTH HOBBLING A KID THE REST OF HIS LIFE...OVER A FOOTBALL GAME....Take care of that knee son....GO TO COLLEGE ...GET AN EDUCATION AND MAKE LOTS OF MONEY....Dylan Dye is a freshman..and I don't see anybody knocking him out of the postion in the next 4 years... Take care of that knee son..and remember ( I AM A TROJAN FAN #1 OH.YOU GUYS MADE IT TOUGH ON ME)...THAT YOU WERE A BIG PART OF A TEAM THAT NOBODY GAVE A SHOT OF HAVING A WINNING SEASON ..MUCH LESS OF BEING THE UNDEFEATED REGION CHAMPION...YOU were a part of that because you made Adam Clark the qb he was...There are times when TEAM comes first...But THIS ISN"T THE NFL AND SHAWN MERRIMAN...You aren't getting paid to live with crippling knee injuries when you are an older man...Your health comes first...Take care of yourself son!...

Choctaw73 and I discussed this earlier tonight ( Glad to hear OLD #33 is laying the wood to them at Lambuth).....And YOU KNOW THIS IS HIS SENIOR YEAR...HE has waited two years for the starting job...A FINER KID YOU WILL NOT MEET...( He has been to the house on a few occasions..YES SIR..NO SIR..MISTER...HE WILL LOOK YOU IN THE EYE WHEN HE TALKS TO YOU...HE IS A FINE YOUNG MAN OR SEEMS TO ME TO BE......but in the GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS...Some of these coaches and FANS...want to WIN .....And in LONG RUN It ISN"T WORTH HOBBLING A KID THE REST OF HIS LIFE...OVER A FOOTBALL GAME....Take care of that knee son....GO TO COLLEGE ...GET AN EDUCATION AND MAKE LOTS OF MONEY....Dylan Dye is a freshman..and I don't see anybody knocking him out of the postion in the next 4 years... Take care of that knee son..and remember ( I AM A TROJAN FAN #1 OH.YOU GUYS MADE IT TOUGH ON ME)...THAT YOU WERE A BIG PART OF A TEAM THAT NOBODY GAVE A SHOT OF HAVING A WINNING SEASON ..MUCH LESS OF BEING THE UNDEFEATED REGION CHAMPION...YOU were a part of that because you made Adam Clark the qb he was...There are times when TEAM comes first...But THIS ISN"T THE NFL AND SHAWN MERRIMAN...You aren't getting paid to live with crippling knee injuries when you are an older man...Your health comes first...Take care of yourself son!...

I agree compeletly..Payton,do whats best for your life long-term..yes f/b is life to you now,but its not worth it ..seems you have your head in right place,good directions in life from your parents..you will make your mark in life with your outstanding attribuites..GET WELL SOON RECOVERING WITH HARD RE-HAB WORK.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Hard situation to be in for Peyton and his family. As a fan I will miss seeing him play of course....but I would never want a kid to risk serious injury for a winning season. This has been an awful season for injuries with key players. I'd just rather see the kids get healthy any day than chance it for a win...

Hope I`m not speaking out line here, but in talking to Peyton`s dad over the weekend, rest assured that if he gets a good report from the doc on Tuesday (I think), he will be on the field Friday night. You can kick it around like an empty can all you want, but I`m telling you it will take something really far out crazy to keep this guy from playing.

Hope I`m not speaking out line here, but in talking to Peyton`s dad over the weekend, rest assured that if he gets a good report from the doc on Tuesday (I think), he will be on the field Friday night. You can kick it around like an empty can all you want, but I`m telling you it will take something really far out crazy to keep this guy from playing.

Senior season ............ "heart of a lion" .............. selfless, team player without a doubt. I will not question "pop 13" & the family's or the "Doc's" decision (cause it's none of my business) ! But IF his ACL is torn, to what percentage of his pre injury capabilities will this "brace" provide him ? Man, I know Peyton wants to play "WINNERS /CHAMPIONS" always do ! I ain't gonna "kick around the empty can" but the long term ramifications are a huge question in my opinion. All the best to Peyton AND his family in settling in on this decision (sounds a lot like it's been made). I only hope it all works out for the best for HIM. My concern is that football IS a contact sport & if he is on the field, opposing teams are not gonna say "Oh this kid's got an injury ....... lets not put to much pressure on the QB tonight" ! Not saying they will gun for him (intentionally hurt him) but they wil bring pressure & the things he may have to do in order to evade that pressure are what concerns me re: the knee. Peyton, I admire yout desire & courage I just hope that you, "pop13" & all that have any bearing ultimately with this decision keep your futurebest interests FIRST & FOREMOST ! GOOD LUCK YOUNG MAN ! Whatever your ultimate decision is ! I'll be in your corner no matter what !