CENTENNIAL @ SIEGEL

CHS 2007

Very intiguing matchup here. After a loss to Page that put the Cougars at 0-2 and had many believing CHS would again be locked in the cellars, the Cougars come out with arguably the biggest win in the school's history, beating rival and state runner up Independence 37-28.

Siegel comes in 3-0 and off their best start in school history. Coming off a 31-28 win against previously unbeaten Wilson Central. The Stars are looking to repeat last year's performance, one where they beat the Cougars 45-14 and racked up over 300 yards on the ground.

Can the Cougars continue the momentum gained last week, or will the Stars once again prove too much for CHS and go to 4-0?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centennial has played the last 6 qtrs well. I watched the game with Page and Page ripped them pretty good in the first half but Cent came back in the 2nd half and almost won. Cent must have carried on the scoring barrage to ring up that many points against Indy, congrats on that big win. I was hoping for more of an easy game when I looked at the schedule a few weeks ago but not gonna happen.... Should be a good game.

Maybe it should be billed as the match of the giant slayers from last year's 5A championship game (Smyrna vs. Indy)...

can someone fill me in on the offense that Siegel runs? not really concerned on the defensive side of the ball because we usually can score on people, it's stopping people from scoring that has generally been our problem

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they've traditionally run the Power I.

This game should show us whether the CHS defense has truly stepped it up. Besides three long runs by Heckman, the defense really contained the running game for the majority of the game. A bruising, power-running team like Siegel is the type of team that CHS has had trouble with, but really since the 2nd half of the Page game, Centennial's D has played stout. This game should tell us whether that trend will continue or if it will continue to be a question mark as the season continues.