CENTENNIAL @ SIEGEL

CHS 2007

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final from Siegel

CENTENNIAL 22, SIEGEL 20

With both teams running the Power-I, this was a textbook game of Big Ten-Smashmouth football. Long grinding drives highlighted the night for both teams. It was games like these that were supposed to be the achilles heel for CHS, who were already missing one of their biggest pieces in Drew Kelly. They proved otherwise.

I have no idea what Coach Mat said to Chaz at halftime of the Page game. But ever since that point, Chaz has been the QB everyone at CHS knew he could be. Did not have an incomplete pass until the 4th quarter, and once again dazzled us with his ability to elude tackles and get outside the box. And for yet another week, we saw a solid rushing performance from Raymond and Tony. Defense wasn't mind-blowing, but again, they did just enough to preserve the W. Including a game-changing pass breakup in the endzone by Tony Kemp, which forced Siegel to put up 3 instead of 7. Raymond Jackson returned the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown to give CHS a 14-10 lead.

After last week, alot of whispers emerged about Centennial possibly being a contender. Tonight's win turned those whispers into a full-blown conversation.

The bottom line of this game, Watch out for these Cougars.....

Congrats to Centennial. I was really worried about this game. I talked with one of the Siegel players Thursday night, asked if they were ready for Cent.... he said they were going to win by 20.... I said Cent is no slouch just beat a good Indy team..... he said going to win by 20... If the rest of the team had this attitude they got what they deserved.

Congrats to Centennial. I was really worried about this game. I talked with one of the Siegel players Thursday night, asked if they were ready for Cent.... he said they were going to win by 20.... I said Cent is no slouch just beat a good Indy team..... he said going to win by 20... If the rest of the team had this attitude they got what they deserved.

It is really hard sometimes for kids who aren't used to winning not to buy into the publicity and hype they are reaping at this point for turning things around. We are seeing the same things at Oakland. It is up to the coaches to keep them grounded, hungry, and humble. Non-regions are over and every game is imperative to win now.

Here are the stats from last night.

CENTENNIAL 22, SIEGEL 20

CHS 7-7-8-0 22

SHS 7-6-7-0 20

Scoring

1st Quarter

SHS-Howse 4 yrd run (Chambers Kick)

CHS-Scales 33 yrd run (Bass Kick)

2nd Quarter

SHS-Chambers 30 yrd FG

CHS-Jackson 93 yrd kickoff return (Bass Kick)

SHS-Chambers 23 yrd FG

3rd Quarter

CHS-Kemp 18 yrd pass from Scales (Kemp Run)

SHS-Gooch 99 yrd Kickoff return (Chambers Kick)

4th Quarter

none

Passing

CHS: Scales 8-10 86 TD

SHS: Witt 6-7 68

Rushing

CHS: Scales 12-130 TD, Jackson 13-47, Kemp 4-22, Grills 3-15

SHS: Howse 20-120 TD, Haynes 8-93, Witt 3-16, McCord 2-11

Receiving

CHS: Kemp 3-44 TD, Brothers 2-21, Harris 2-15, Estrada 1-6

SHS: Ward 2-32, McCord 2-29, Howse 1-9, Reed 1-(-2)

NEXT: CHS (2-2, 1-1) vs. Northeast (2-1, 1-0)

Siegel (3-1, 2-0) vs. Riverdale (2-2, 1-1)