Mt. Pleasant Football

mTptigers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did MP think about PC JV take in mind #5 is freshman (start varsity QB) and 18 (starting RB)soph. didnt play with JV did you see anybody that you liked from our side?You guys need to put a # on TJ where I can find him from stands.

They played decent ball, #10 has some speed. Most of the mTp skilled players last night were Freshmen with most of the linemen being Sophomores.

Give TJ a year under his belt & he will be very dangerous.

• 3 weeks later...

The season is a little farther along now. Anyone with opinions out there? I think MP is improving every game and practice.

I think you are right. I think the depth has really been helped by some early season injurys. Young guys got more quality playing time than they would have. I believe the line is doing a better job but also the backs are hitting the holes hard and running with authority. We are making some catches and some big running plays. The one downside I see is we are turning the ball over too much. Hold on to the ball. Creating turnovers and being in the plus column in turnover ratio could win games down the stretch. Playoff games will be decided by who turns the ball over and who doesn't. To our credit we have recovered many fumbles and intercepted a lot of passes. Just keep working hard.

I think the Tigers are beginning to believe in themselves again. They are getting their swagger back. Other teams better look out heading into the playoffs. They will be hard to handle.

I feel the same way about JB after our win last Friday. We'll see if we can keep it going tonight. If so, maybe another 3rd round match up is in store...