William Blount vs Owls

lovehsfootball

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll are a bunch of cry babies!! I don't even like the owls ,but they beat the snot out of WB,period! officials,flags,whatever,one play.Good lord,they didn't even play well and could have beaten you 60 to nothing(and,I don't care how bad,their offense looked),how many tds were called back? I would hate to know that a team played that bad(especially on offense) and still beat me by 30 points.I would shut up and start talking about next week or next year or what,I'm eating for dinner tomorrow!!! The owls have good players,but lack depth,smarts and leadership to get far in the playoffs.,but they managed to beat you all like a rented mule.

Hey FatSak

You should probably re-read the posts. I'm the only WB fan left here and I don't recall crying. I think I was the one that said "you can't live in the past" and something like "bad calls are part of the game". Have some coffee and re-read. I had to do that saturday with BassmanBruno. Although that flag came at a bad time for the Govs and appears to have been a bad call on film. You can go to wazoo and look at the formation at the 19:20 mark for yourself. On the visitors side where the call was made I see one receiver on and on off. On the right side of the offense you can only see one of the receivers but the official on the left was the one who made the call. Going in at the half at 17 - 14 could have made a difference for a young team but then again we are having trouble covering kickoffs so it may have made it worse. We'll never know but I think the point of discussion was that the group of officials in the greater Chattanooga area might be blowing more calls than they should. I've heard from many fan's from all the teams in that area and many have questioned calls (even some that went their way). That being said just what are you eating for dinner????? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Our defense did save us, but I thought our tackling especially in the first half was terrible. We would hit the WB runners and expect them to fall down and they would shake it off and go for a first down. Also we gave their receivers way to much space to catch the ball. Most of the D problems seem to have been fixed in the second half. I hope the coaches work fundementals, fundementals, did I say fundementals from here on out. We have the talent.

Go Owls

TPoole was that you I met after the game in the WB stands while I was picking up?

Yes sir it was.. I enjoyed our conversation very much. You where talking with Cole Lail's dad when I came across the stands. Although at times the rilvary has been heated I've enjoyed all the banter, discussion and genral BS that we've shared on the threads. You along with "primetime" and "owlfanatic" ( just to name a few) I've found to be good people who are well informed about their team and support them in a proper manner. I sometimes forget that when we post on these boards we lose our tone, inflection, and facial expressions that make up so much of our communication. Now that I have a face to go with a name I'll be sure to stay in touch. If I post something that doesn't read right but sure to straighten me out. My wife does it all the time so you can be sure I won't be offended.

Good luck to you guys. I may be asking alot out the the Govs but I would like to make the trip down to your place again this year.

Again, it was great talking to you....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

PS: Hey primetime ... that was I great guess on the outcome but I'm quite sure you would of had a hard time writing the script... You got any suggestions for some powerball numbers... I play it sometimes... I call it my redneck 401K..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes sir it was.. I enjoyed our conversation very much. You where talking with Cole Lail's dad when I came across the stands. Although at times the rilvary has been heated I've enjoyed all the banter, discussion and genral BS that we've shared on the threads. You along with "primetime" and "owlfanatic" ( just to name a few) I've found to be good people who are well informed about their team and support them in a proper manner. I sometimes forget that when we post on these boards we lose our tone, inflection, and facial expressions that make up so much of our communication. Now that I have a face to go with a name I'll be sure to stay in touch. If I post something that doesn't read right but sure to straighten me out. My wife does it all the time so you can be sure I won't be offended.

Good luck to you guys. I may be asking alot out the the Govs but I would like to make the trip down to your place again this year.

tpoole12

GO GOVS

PS: Hey primetime ... that was I great guess on the outcome but I'm quite sure you would of had a hard time writing the script... You got any suggestions for some powerball numbers... I play it sometimes... I call it my redneck 401K..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i admit, very lucky. i did watch your son throughout the game, he did a fine job out there. you should be a proud Dad. im curious to know, did he say anything about Jaquez smith? just curious .I want to tip my hat to WB. those kids never gave up , played hard to the final whistle. both teams played hard and the sportsmanship was excellent. good luck to wb , next year will be a good one for the Govs.

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I have tasted so much shoe leather from sticking the ol 10 1/2 in my mouth I forgot what steak tasted like. Good luck to ya'll. I said early in the year even before the injuries that WB was a team I would not want to face late in the season. I was up in your neck of the woods on Saturday. My oldest son just started at Maryville College so I am sure I will be going there a lot. Any good local places to eat? Had a great lunch at Sullivans (I think that was the name) downtown.

Go Owls

i am refering to # 6. i cant believe nobody brought his absence up. he is by far our best reciever (hands, route running, football knowledge & skill). others on the team may be faster, but not a better reciever overall.

I did notice that, but my old brain just didn't comprehend it all. Will he back this next game? I hate to see kids getting in trouble......for whatever reason. If they could just see inot the future(like us old folks) they would realize it's much easier to walk the straight and narrow. don't you think?

i admit, very lucky. i did watch your son throughout the game, he did a fine job out there. you should be a proud Dad. im curious to know, did he say anything about Jaquez smith? just curious .I want to tip my hat to WB. those kids never gave up , played hard to the final whistle. both teams played hard and the sportsmanship was excellent. good luck to wb , next year will be a good one for the Govs.

He said that Smith was a very strong and fast DE. That you had to keep your feet, stay on your toes and don't get caught on your heals. I told we all saw what happened when he did.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I guess the most complimentary things he said was "he was a beast" and something like "he brought it". Coming from him, that is very high praise.

I am very proud of my son. He plays the game like he should most of the time and when he takes the pads off he becomes a easy going, caring person. I wish he would take his school work a little more seriously but the boy is not afraid of work. He works 3 to 4 days a week after practice and on weekends for Wal-Mart and has a small mowing business of his own. Maybe we can watch the matchup again, if not this year then next depending on the TSSAA. I'll be checking in from time to time.. We need you all to win out. (I think??) With 2 region losses we will have to take care of business for ourselves and get some help from the rest to get a playoff spot. It may be wishfull thinking but I think this is a team that other teams will not want to play at the end of season or in the playoffs Well I guess I should put my pom-poms down. ( my arms are getting tired ) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

He said that Smith was a very strong and fast DE. That you had to keep your feet, stay on your toes and don't get caught on your heals. I told we all saw what happened when he did.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I guess the most complimentary things he said was "he was a beast" and something like "he brought it". Coming from him, that is very high praise.

I am very proud of my son. He plays the game like he should most of the time and when he takes the pads off he becomes a easy going, caring person. I wish he would take his school work a little more seriously but the boy is not afraid of work. He works 3 to 4 days a week after practice and on weekends for Wal-Mart and has a small mowing business of his own. Maybe we can watch the matchup again, if not this year then next depending on the TSSAA. I'll be checking in from time to time.. We need you all to win out. (I think??) With 2 region losses we will have to take care of business for ourselves and get some help from the rest to get a playoff spot. It may be wishfull thinking but I think this is a team that other teams will not want to play at the end of season or in the playoffs Well I guess I should put my pom-poms down. ( my arms are getting tired ) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

thank you for replying, i expect big things from your son.A good work ethic is rare these days. . Get healthy and play hard Govs. it is not to late to turn this thing around. ill be keepig an eye on ya.

We'll never know but I think the point of discussion was that the group of officials in the greater Chattanooga area might be blowing more calls than they should. I've heard from many fan's from all the teams in that area and many have questioned calls (even some that went their way).

Yes, absolutely the point. Amazing how reading enhances one's understanding. Good luck and good health (or better health!) to both the Owls and Governors.

thank you for replying, i expect big things from your son.A good work ethic is rare these days. . Get healthy and play hard Govs. it is not to late to turn this thing around. ill be keepig an eye on ya.

Thanks Primetime

I'll try to keep the pressure on him. " Pressure makes diamonds "

HornedOwl

Find me on the threads when your heading up this way. We'll get together and have a meal. Eating is a favorite hobby of mine.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I've got to get over on the Maryville thread and stir the pot. Have a safe trip this friday...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i am refering to # 6. i cant believe nobody brought his absence up. he is by far our best reciever (hands, route running, football knowledge & skill). others on the team may be faster, but not a better reciever overall.

Word on the street is #6 is out for one more game. He has the talent but too much mouth to go with it. He needs to take a chapter out of Terrell Owens' book and learn before it cost him his future. We are deep brother. I have watched our JV play and the running backs don't stop. I saw who was probably the 5th stream running back and he was unstoppable as well. We have more receivers than anything else. I think we are ONE position player away from having what we need to be State Champs. I want pick on that kid by calling him out but everyone in the stands know who I am talking about.

GO OWLS!!!

Word on the street is #6 is out for one more game. He has the talent but too much mouth to go with it. He needs to take a chapter out of Terrell Owens' book and learn before it cost him his future. We are deep brother. I have watched our JV play and the running backs don't stop. I saw who was probably the 5th stream running back and he was unstoppable as well. We have more receivers than anything else. I think we are ONE position player away from having what we need to be State Champs. I want pick on that kid by calling him out but everyone in the stands know who I am talking about.

GO OWLS!!!

well said. some kids will have to step up /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />