William Blount vs Owls

lovehsfootball

OWLS 34 WB 7. i just dont think wb can run the ball on the owls defense(32 ypg), and i know they cant block us up front. im expecting a defensive touchdown in this game. wb fans watch #36 DE Jaquez smith tonight, he will be the #1 recruit in the state of tn next year, hes fun to watch play football. this is a great rivalry , i hate that it is coming to an end. Go Owls! ill be at the nest tonight.fired up!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wb fans watch #36 DE Jaquez smith tonight, he will be the #1 recruit in the state of tn next year

I'll be watching him real close ... My son is also a junior and plays right tackle. I'm curious to see how he fairs against Smith. Better start getting my game face on. See you all in Hooterville..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I'll be watching him real close ... My son is also a junior and plays right tackle. I'm curious to see how he fairs against Smith. Better start getting my game face on. See you all in Hooterville..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

should be a match up worth keeping an eye on, be safe

I hate to sound unappreciative, but 2seams right. We did not look all that good tonight. We were able to capitolize on WB's mistakes, but we just looked a little flat. I still loved every minute of it and will be in the stands at EVERY game cheering you guys on. It was still a win. Thank you owls for the effort and the win. Let's get ready for next week.

I said this from the beginning: defense and JohnLong(kicker) will keep us in every game!! THOSE 2 THINGS and our special teams saved the day!!! YES,the score could have been worse,but not because of the OFFENSE...OWLS offense was very sluggish!!!,..hats off to WB(they did thier homework),they loaded the line of scrimmage and dared us to throw the football. The score was not reflective of how close the game could've been. 3 FGs,1 defensive fumble recovery in the endzone,opening kickoff for a TD was the difference early.The 1st owl td came only because ,we got a turnover deep in wb territory.,.then another td late(only because,we had another int)...Ooltewah's defense played very well,but they were so tired at the end it was pathetic.OWLPRIDE and OWLEYE are right about backups...they need to be in there throughout the game to give these guys a breather or we will be hurting from here on out. GOOD JOB OWLS!!!

I hate to sound unappreciative, but 2seams right. We did not look all that good tonight. We were able to capitolize on WB's mistakes, but we just looked a little flat. I still loved every minute of it and will be in the stands at EVERY game cheering you guys on. It was still a win. Thank you owls for the effort and the win. Let's get ready for next week.

The biggest thing hurting the team is the two open dates at the beginning of the season. From this point forward, I expect the Owl offense to be more in sync.....simply because we will be playing every week. I don't think wholesale changes are needed....just a little tweaking. I would like to see Sammy Seamster with the ball in his hand more often even if we give it to him out of the wing T. I/m not so sure he wouldn't be our best tailback if he played the position.

In fairness to Brady, the coaches were bound and determined to run until we had to throw on third down. Not alot of qb's can make a living by only throwing in obvious passing situations. I thought Brady threw the deep ball well and I thought #4 ran a poor route and gave up on that first deep ball. If teams want to crowd the line, I think that plays to Brady's strength which is without a doubt throwing the ball deep and that's going to allow us to take some shots. The pic he threw was not neccesarily his fault.

The coaches are going to have to reconsider playing so many of their starters both ways. Is Johnny Myricks playing both ways better than Tracy Hunter one way? Tracy started as a sophomore at cb and now he plays mop up? That's just one example. I think you need to coach these younger guys up and start getting some of these backups in earlier to spell the starters....notice I said some.

It is also becoming obvious that we might have a couple of players that might be better off moving to another position. They are good football players but don't appear to be suited to play where they are currently playing. The one that comes quickly to mind is a starter on defense and needs to be getting up field rushing the passer instead of retreating in pass coverage and trying to play sideline to sideline. But what do I know about this crazy game? I just make observations.