ALCOA

coach1076

After reading the article about the scheduling issues with the other blount county schools Ive got an idea. Play up in the new 3A districts then they have to schedule you & they can still keep their other non-district games. The article said that you are as good as most schools regardless of class so play up.

I also dont like the argument of dropping them in every sport, all of the other sports play way more games so a loss wont hurt as bad as it can in a 10 game football season.

The gate doesnt mean as much in other sports either, when you only have 5 home games to make money on, which is the case in football you need the best gates possible since a football program cost more to run.

UT doesnt chase Carson Newman or Tenn Tech or UT CHattanooga to save travel.

The solution is easy, when the Z plan goes into effect Play up in 3A!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the article about the scheduling issues with the other blount county schools Ive got an idea. Play up in the new 3A districts then they have to schedule you & they can still keep their other non-district games. The article said that you are as good as most schools regardless of class so play up.

I also dont like the argument of dropping them in every sport, all of the other sports play way more games so a loss wont hurt as bad as it can in a 10 game football season.

The gate doesnt mean as much in other sports either, when you only have 5 home games to make money on, which is the case in football you need the best gates possible since a football program cost more to run.

UT doesnt chase Carson Newman or Tenn Tech or UT CHattanooga to save travel.

The solution is easy, when the Z plan goes into effect Play up in 3A!

I thought Alcoa was already projected to be in 3a.

I was told that there would be 6 classes next year. Anyone know what in the world is going on? And could you tell me where Livingston Academy ends up after this year ?? Appreciate some info !!

You should be in the same district with what is our basketball district now...excluding Upperman. You should be in 4a for the playoffs...along with Macon and Dekalb.

When the Z plan goes into affect there will be class A, AA, & AAA Alcoa should opt to play in AAA. When it becomes play-off time A splits into 1A & 2A, AA splits into 3A & 4A, AAA splits into 5A & 6A so if Alcoa plays in AAA they will get those schools on the schedule & play in the 5A play-offs. what do the Alcoa people think about that?

When the Z plan goes into affect there will be class A, AA, & AAA Alcoa should opt to play in AAA. When it becomes play-off time A splits into 1A & 2A, AA splits into 3A & 4A, AAA splits into 5A & 6A so if Alcoa plays in AAA they will get those schools on the schedule & play in the 5A play-offs. what do the Alcoa people think about that?

I think Alcoa should play in AA then 3A for playoffs, since that is where their numbers put them. The problem about the county schools is they dropped us with no warning, left us scrambling to find games, and due to not being able to play 10 minutes away we pay Booker T. and we drive to White House and Spring Hill.

And UT football is nothing like High School. Bad comparison.

Its really not 4a '5a and 6a , Its will be big and small 1a '2a and 3a. Inr eality ,it amounts to the same thing. I believe Alcoa will be allright.

NC has the same thing, the only difference is they have 4a as well. The worst part in NC is you may have to travel all the way across the state in the 1st round of the playoffs.